Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Nice.

I never actually played competitively. Beyond casual games with my friends, I sometimes just practised with guys on the school team. I got to bowl and they got to practise their batting.

I started out as a medium pace bowler, leaning towards fast-medium, but then I developed an interest in spin. My best deliveries were a somewhat bizarre combination of both finger and wrist spin. Not sure if I can even do them any more.

I had some deliveries that would probably break my wrist now.

Bye, Maj!

hey lovelies. i may have promised an epic iq thread earlier, and lined up the screenshots to take, photoshop and imageshack, but then i got drunk. so i'll do it tomorrow, much like my thesis research i was supposed to do all this week!

Varitek said:
hey lovelies. i may have promised an epic iq thread earlier, and lined up the screenshots to take, photoshop and imageshack, but then i got drunk. so i'll do it tomorrow, much like my thesis research i was supposed to do all this week!

:laugh:

I hate it when that happens

i am totally the deadliest catch. and the only lost spoilers that i will give is that tonight has confirmed that the show has gone down hill. i blame the ghost busters episode.

coolian2 said:
I traditionally bowled guys, or irritated them into attempting really ill-advised runs.

I always, always bowled for wickets, never to tempt shots or run-outs. I struggle to recall dismissing anybody in a manner other than bowled or LBW.

For ages, my pace action had this slight veer to the off side that I struggled to correct with swing. That drove me mad and motivated me to take up spin.

coolian2 said:
I had some deliveries that would probably break my wrist now.

:lol: Yeah, me too.

I actually had a rather short run-up for a pace bowler. That's because when I learnt to bowl, my backyard was long enough to have a decent pitch, but not for a run-up, so I was trying to bowl at speed with only three or four steps as a run-up.

Axver said:

I always, always bowled for wickets, never to tempt shots or run-outs. I struggle to recall dismissing anybody in a manner other than bowled or LBW.

For ages, my pace action had this slight veer to the off side that I struggled to correct with swing. That drove me mad and motivated me to take up spin.

I was always bowling for wickets, and was deadly accurate so it was damn near impossible to get me away for runs, hence the balls that did stray were often fielded and quickly returned to the stumps for a run out.

It was always great pulling out a faster delivery when nobody expected it.

Varitek said:

:lol: Nice going there. I nearly got drunk last night, feeling all nihilistic and shit.

EYKIW's continuing to bring the lulz with the Edge's t-shirt thread.

Axver said:

:lol: Yeah, me too.

I actually had a rather short run-up for a pace bowler. That's because when I learnt to bowl, my backyard was long enough to have a decent pitch, but not for a run-up, so I was trying to bowl at speed with only three or four steps as a run-up.

Exactly the same as me! It made my sudden changes to medium pace so much more shocking

coolian2 said:
I was always bowling for wickets, and was deadly accurate so it was damn near impossible to get me away for runs, hence the balls that did stray were often fielded and quickly returned to the stumps for a run out.

It was always great pulling out a faster delivery when nobody expected it.

My accuracy as a pace bowler was not as good as I wanted it to be, but it was always at least close to the stumps and hard to hit for significant runs. Even when the batsman could get the ball into the air, it rarely went far. Had I played competitive cricket, I think I would have had a lot of guys caught at mid on or mid off.

As a spinner, I was wildly unpredictable. Even my best friend, who I bowled to an extreme amount, had absolutely no idea how to play my spin when I was in my best form around 2003. Honestly, sometimes, not even I knew what my ball was going to do. I liked to aim it just a little in front of the batsman's feet and put shitloads of spin on it so that it would go just about anywhere. And that meant it was mis-hit and dragged onto the stumps.

oh men, it might be better targetted at the daltons and nsws (nsw has unfortunately quit interference for now) but can someone please please explain to me the striaght male fascination with anal sex.

coolian2 said:

Exactly the same as me! It made my sudden changes to medium pace so much more shocking

I remember one day, I was bowling in the nets at school and decided to experiment with longer run-ups. I didn't like it - I gained a bit of pace, but at the expense of accuracy. I ended up just confusing the shit out of the guys by taking these really long run-ups, only to deliver spin!

Varitek said:
oh men, it might be better targetted at the daltons and nsws (nsw has unfortunately quit interference for now) but can someone please please explain to me the striaght male fascination with anal sex.

... wait, WTF happened to NSW?!

And anal sex frankly doesn't sound terribly exciting to me.

Varitek said:

And now, to focus on your full question, i have NFI. I would think it would be rather messy.

Axver said:

Neither does putting a gerbil up there :yikes:

Geez you guys have motored lately! I turn my back for half an hour and you're gone!

Axver said:

I remember one day, I was bowling in the nets at school and decided to experiment with longer run-ups. I didn't like it - I gained a bit of pace, but at the expense of accuracy. I ended up just confusing the shit out of the guys by taking these really long run-ups, only to deliver spin!

:laugh:

Axver said:

thats what he told me on aim. apparently he felt he was posting too mcuh and would come back for the pre-album leaks and for the tour. :shrug:

anyway. i feel guilty, morally, but i really like the republican. he's a gentleman, and fun, and sweet, and we actually had a civil conversation about politics. but i still feel like i need confessional or something to be able to date him/like him.

gluey said:
Geez you guys have motored lately! I turn my back for half an hour and you're gone!

Makes a bit of a change, doesn't it? I suppose having Ian and I around helps.

Though I may have a social life this weekend - all going to plan, I'll go out both days. :ohmy:

Axver said:

Makes a bit of a change, doesn't it? I suppose having Ian and I around helps.

Though I may have a social life this weekend - all going to plan, I'll go out both days. :ohmy:

Wow, and i'm planning on doing sweet fuck all with my weekend. Perhaps staring at my assignments without doing anything until Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom