Unalaska Superthread - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #676
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

A klewang from Indonesia. Of course, it's not a gun as well, but the way the handle curves is pretty peculiar. I'd like to see it in use.

Ooh, I just remembered another awesome sword, also from India - the urumi! It's like a whip sword.

Look at this fellow work a couple of them:

Intense.
OUCH!

Reminds me a bit of this:

The nine-section whip from China, one of my favourite weapons. I really, really want one - the ultimate in portability and offensiveness.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #677
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Ooh, I just remembered another awesome sword, also from India - the urumi! It's like a whip sword.

Look at this fellow work a couple of them:

Intense.
Fucking hell, that's just nuts! Quoted for insanity.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #678
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
I didn't find your accent to be very strong, Ax, but it's noticeable
I don't think I'll ever shake the Kiwi dance/chance pronunciation, or my use of the schwa in words like grown/mown/thrown that turns them into two syllable words. Thank goodness for that!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #679
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Cambodia sounds amazing. One guy I know from high school did a mission trip there and had nothing but praise for the Cambodian people. Sounds like the place has come a long way from the Khmer Rouge days.
Cambodia is AMAZING. Such a beautiful place and people, and such a sense of hope. I really want to go back there again someday. It's worth backpacking to for a couple of days, actually.

Quote:

I'll be interested to see what you make of my accent, whether it's Aussie or Kiwi. I know some people in the last couple of years haven't guessed I'm Kiwi until I've told them, but others - including, if I remember correctly, Ali - still think I clearly speak like a Kiwi. Personally, I equally notice Kiwi and Aussie accents in other people as they both seem normal, and spot some very distinctive aspects of the Kiwi accent in my own speech.
I'm usually really good at spotting accents, so I will analyse your speech carefully, mwahahaha!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #680
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Saddo, you wouldn't happen to learn a martial art, would you? If you do, what is it? I'd be quite wary when meeting you...
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #681
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Okay, I'm off for ten mins or so - gonna have a shower. Back soon!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Saddo, you wouldn't happen to learn a martial art, would you? If you do, what is it? I'd be quite wary when meeting you...
I don't, actually. I'm not a violent person, but I have a fascination with pre-modern warfare. I box to stay in shape, that's about as close as it gets.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #683
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I box to stay in shape, that's about as close as it gets.
You know, normal people go for runs or work out at the gym. I'll be careful around you.

As for me, I'm more worried about keeping my brain in shape.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #684
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Cambodia is AMAZING. Such a beautiful place and people, and such a sense of hope. I really want to go back there again someday. It's worth backpacking to for a couple of days, actually.
One of these days when I have a lot of money, I totally need to get out there and see a lot of stuff. Cambodia's definitely on the list.

Quote:
I'm usually really good at spotting accents, so I will analyse your speech carefully, mwahahaha!

How much do you know about the Kiwi accent? Because my form of the Kiwi accent identifies me as being from a part of the country that I actually have only spent a few days in.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #685
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:

You know, normal people go for runs or work out at the gym. I'll be careful around you.

As for me, I'm more worried about keeping my brain in shape.

I walk a pretty fair distance most days, which is a little less violent. But you might want to be on your guard anyway. Just in case. Besides, I thought you would have figured that I'm not "normal" by now!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #686
Vocal parasite

I really should walk more. I think I finally have incentive - walking up and down the tram line, photographing the passing trams.

FUCK I'M SUCH A NERD, I KNOW.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #687
Vocal parasite

FUCK YES. Melbourne's temperatures for the upcoming week are being revised down. Tomorrow (well, today) will be 32 (which is actually a revision up from 30), then 36, 36, 30, 26, 21, 23. Bring on Thursday and Friday next week.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #688
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I walk a pretty fair distance most days, which is a little less violent. But you might want to be on your guard anyway. Just in case. Besides, I thought you would have figured that I'm not "normal" by now!
I'm pretty sure that none of us could possibly come under any definition of "normal" anywhere, except possibly on undiscovered alien societies or communities that lived hundreds of years ago.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I really should walk more. I think I finally have incentive - walking up and down the tram line, photographing the passing trams.

FUCK I'M SUCH A NERD, I KNOW.
Just tell people that you do it for the exercise.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier

Nobody's "normal"... one of the most poorly-used/abused words evar.

</wordnerd>

Tags
superthread