Unalaska Superthread - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #601
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

ASIA = OWNED.
You know it's true!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #602
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
If it were Sydney, then yes, we'd be fucked. See: Kings Cross.
The original post was already so true, but I had to edit it for further truth.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #603
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Which ones? The nerdy ones with the huge glasses, shirts tucked in and pants up to their ribcages, or the oooh-look-at-me-I'm-so-hypercool-TB-just-arrived-off-the-boat ones with streaks in their hair, wearing white and always wearing jeans and listening to J-pop, or the don't-touch-me-I'm-Yakuza ones with the chesty vests, crappy hair that's usually bleached blond and worse English?

And of course, there's the "OOOOOOH I WANT TO BE WHITE/BLACK" ones, with horribly dyed brown or blond hair and ridiculously lame attempts to be white such as listening to rap and R&B and breakdancing.

As you can see, I loathe most Asian stereotypes, especially cause I don't fall in any of them.
I went to school with about 100 of these in my grade! Woo!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #604
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
The music was what made the film for me. Without it, it'd just have been another of those "Ooooooh trying to stir controversy!" films. As it was, it turned out to be a really nicely-crafted show, a treat to watch.
Quirky . And the performances were solid, too.

Mmm, Frosty fruits.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #605
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Quirky . And the performances were solid, too.

Mmm, Frosty fruits.
HAMBURGER PHONE!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #606
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool

I went to school with about 100 of these in my grade! Woo!
Only 100? I had about 150 in mine, it sucked. I must've been one of three Asian guys that actually knew all of the white guys' names and hung out with them. And played white sports.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #607
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Quote:

Only 100? I had about 150 in mine, it sucked. I must've been one of three Asian guys that actually knew all of the white guys' names and hung out with them. And played white sports.
Wow. I actually hung out with a lot of Asian guys. (but then again, there were 140 people in our grade and at least 80% were Asian).
Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #608
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Which ones? The nerdy ones with the huge glasses, shirts tucked in and pants up to their ribcages, or the oooh-look-at-me-I'm-so-hypercool-TB-just-arrived-off-the-boat ones with streaks in their hair, wearing white and always wearing jeans and listening to J-pop, or the don't-touch-me-I'm-Yakuza ones with the chesty vests, crappy hair that's usually bleached blond and worse English?

And of course, there's the "OOOOOOH I WANT TO BE WHITE/BLACK" ones, with horribly dyed brown or blond hair and ridiculously lame attempts to be white such as listening to rap and R&B and breakdancing.

As you can see, I loathe most Asian stereotypes, especially cause I don't fall in any of them.
Who needs to actually go to the Asia Centre when I've got you to describe everybody there? The don't-touch-me-I'm-Yakuza types look especially ridiculous. The bleached blond hair is too funny.

Though what I don't get is why I so often see classes around uni that are just entirely groups of Asians, with not another ethnicity in sight. Way to not integrate AT ALL into the university community. What's up with that? Is it just coincidence, or are there actually courses just for them? It's not like I see all the Indian or Arab students going to classes in big mobs ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #609
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh, Liam and Ali, and Melissa if she's here:

Support has been announced for PT's gigs. Melbourne band Sleep Parade. I've never heard their stuff before but the guys at OzProg seem pretty excited about them.
I think I've heard their name on JJJ, but dunno if I've actually heard any of their stuff.

My brother's train vid is coming soon....
Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 AM   #610
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I think I've heard their name on JJJ, but dunno if I've actually heard any of their stuff.

My brother's train vid is coming soon....
I'm going to have to find a torrent.

And

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #611
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
But it's a Melbourne band, so there's some hope. If it were a Sydney band, then yes, we'd be fucked. See: Cog.
I did see Cog, when I was in Canberra. It was incidental to seeing another band a friend of a friend was in, who was opening for them. This other band was sneaky and used the lights that only Cog were supposed to use, since they were trying to impress some record company or something.

This friend of a friend was the bass player, and managed to break a string mid-song!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM   #612
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Who needs to actually go to the Asia Centre when I've got you to describe everybody there? The don't-touch-me-I'm-Yakuza types look especially ridiculous. The bleached blond hair is too funny.

I get the greasiest looks from those types sometimes when I walk past carrying my swords / spear. I always laugh at them though. I can take them. And if not, I have large white friends who can.

Quote:

Though what I don't get is why I so often see classes around uni that are just entirely groups of Asians, with not another ethnicity in sight. Way to not integrate AT ALL into the university community. What's up with that? Is it just coincidence, or are there actually courses just for them? It's not like I see all the Indian or Arab students going to classes in big mobs ...
Oh good, I'm not the only one who's noticed that. That's why I was ranting about Asians not fitting in the other night. Have you noticed that a lot of them don't speak English at all when in their little (or large, as it were) groups?

Incidentally, one of my friends attended one of those large tutes once for a stats class in Melb Uni, and was the only white guy. He dozed off, then realised all of a sudden halfway through that the tutor wasn't even speaking English, but some dialect of Chinese.

Most of the Asians around are just Phail Collins.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #613
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 PM
for the love of god and all my dreams that were droolworthy no more trains please!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #614
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I did see Cog, when I was in Canberra. It was incidental to seeing another band a friend of a friend was in, who was opening for them. This other band was sneaky and used the lights that only Cog were supposed to use, since they were trying to impress some record company or something.

This friend of a friend was the bass player, and managed to break a string mid-song!

Actually, what were Cog like? In mid-May, there's a gig here in Melbourne with Kora, Jakob, and Cog. Now, I've never heard Kora and Cog's first album was very bland and mediocre to me, but I LOVE Jakob and I'm debating whether or not to go.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #615
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 PM
you know what i love about rural victoria, is that there is a huge deficit of ethnicity, we are all just white trash together :WIN:

Tags
superthread