Unalaska Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #421
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

That's great. What makes it even funnier is that he was standing as a member of the Silly Party... We need more joke political parties here. The scary thing is, they'd probably win heaps of seats.
It'd be hilarious. New Zealand has had the McGillicuddy Serious Party, and I would totally have voted for them had I been old enough to do so in the elections they contested.

From Wikipedia, some of their policies:

The abolition of money: Replacing money with chocolate fish or with sand as legal tender.
Using beer as a National Defence strategy: leaving many bottles of beer on all beaches, so that any invading army would abandon attack and get drunk instead.
Restricting the vote to minors: i.e., ONLY those under 18 years of age could vote. Announced when Parliament lowered the voting age to 18 years. The party ran its 1993 electoral advertisements during children's programming.
Full hedgehog suffrage: After a goat successfully received nomination in a local body election on Waiheke Island, the party unsuccessfully attempted to stand a hedgehog for Parliament, apparently solely in order to make "prick" jokes.
Limiting the speed of light to 100km/h: 50 km/h in Mt Roskill, (Auckland's Bible Belt), because folks there preferred to stay less enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGillicuddy_Serious_Party

I love that bunch.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
ohhh lordy a guy from india is sending messgages to me on facebook, should i as if he has heard of the mombai indians?
Yes, although he'd probably then start talking to you about cricket and never stop.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #423
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Can i be bass?

By which i mean humming in a low tone.

Well, it's tr00 black metal. We're meant to claim to have a bassist but for it to be almost entirely inaudible due to the shoddy recording quality.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM   #424
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 PM
sand as legal tender :win:

it sounds a bit like the more beer party here, that was actually on th eballot for the refferendum , although you guys would have been too young for that ?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM   #425
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Well, it's tr00 black metal. We're meant to claim to have a bassist but for it to be almost entirely inaudible due to the shoddy recording quality.
That's ok, i can't hum very loud
Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

It'd be hilarious. New Zealand has had the McGillicuddy Serious Party, and I would totally have voted for them had I been old enough to do so in the elections they contested.

From Wikipedia, some of their policies:

The abolition of money: Replacing money with chocolate fish or with sand as legal tender.
Using beer as a National Defence strategy: leaving many bottles of beer on all beaches, so that any invading army would abandon attack and get drunk instead.
Restricting the vote to minors: i.e., ONLY those under 18 years of age could vote. Announced when Parliament lowered the voting age to 18 years. The party ran its 1993 electoral advertisements during children's programming.
Full hedgehog suffrage: After a goat successfully received nomination in a local body election on Waiheke Island, the party unsuccessfully attempted to stand a hedgehog for Parliament, apparently solely in order to make "prick" jokes.
Limiting the speed of light to 100km/h: 50 km/h in Mt Roskill, (Auckland's Bible Belt), because folks there preferred to stay less enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGillicuddy_Serious_Party

I love that bunch.
Ahh that's great!

I guess we don't have any (that I've heard of) here in Australia because if we did, they'd win the donkey vote, which would probably be about half the population, or at any rate all of Sydney's west, and Melbourne's far west and north.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier

The demolition of the Auckland CBD
In order to create a giant sundial, using the Sky Tower as the gnomon. Or at other times, to protect the Sky Tower by placing a condom over it.

My favourite McGillicuddy Serious policy.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #428
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

it sounds a bit like the more beer party here, that was actually on th eballot for the refferendum , although you guys would have been too young for that ?
There was a more beer party? I must've missed that!

(I voted Labor)
Old 03-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #429
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I don't think I've heard about that! More Beer Party, that's so Aussie.

Also, I love the Queensland politician Nigel Freemarijuana of the Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #430
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 PM
yes there was/ is a "more beer" party. i sure beats the shit out of the christian family asshole associaton or whatever they were called. when we had the refferendum to become a republic the numbers on the ballot were massive, must have been 50 parties
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 AM   #431
Blue Crack Supplier

Good weather (but only if voters behaved).

Full employment by carpeting the national highways
This would also save wear and tear on vehicle-tyres

These guys have to get something going for the upcoming election.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 AM   #432
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The demolition of the Auckland CBD
In order to create a giant sundial, using the Sky Tower as the gnomon. Or at other times, to protect the Sky Tower by placing a condom over it.

My favourite McGillicuddy Serious policy.
I knew you'd be down with that one.

I love the speed of light one. Take THAT, Mt Roskill!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:48 AM   #433
Blue Crack Supplier

I would pay good money to see the Sky Tower inside a gigantor motherfucking condom.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #434
Vocal parasite

Quote:
These guys have to get something going for the upcoming election.
The only problem with that is the people likely to vote for the MGSP are people who'd probably vote Labour or Green otherwise, and we need all the non-National voters we can possibly get this time around.

Oh, and this cracked me up:

A potato famine: Prime Minister Jim Bolger's somewhat pock-marked countenance bore an unfortunate resemblance to the common garden potato. Much to his displeasure, he became widely known as "Spud"; the Royal New Zealand Air Force, with a typically Kiwi lack of reverence, christened his Boeing 727 "Spud One".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

A potato famine: Prime Minister Jim Bolger's somewhat pock-marked countenance bore an unfortunate resemblance to the common garden potato. Much to his displeasure, he became widely known as "Spud"; the Royal New Zealand Air Force, with a typically Kiwi lack of reverence, christened his Boeing 727 "Spud One".
That is such a Kiwi / Aussie thing to do!

Tags
superthread