Unalaska Superthread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #376
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

i was just in there. and was going to say WTF !!!!!!!!!!

(then again i love ABOU) which will be next.
I don't get this forum's hate for One Step Closer. It's one of the few U2 songs from this decade that I really quite like.

I can't decide if I dislike ABOY or Yahweh more. What irks me about ABOY is that the alternate version had much better lyrics but Bono just had to dumb it down for the album. Ugh.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 04:57 AM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

And now it's 25.7. In 90 minutes, the temperature plummeted 12.5 degrees. This city is made of CrazyWin.
Hey, it means that the meteorology guy that I quoted earlier was right!

Also, a serious and deep confession for you all: I've done something that I'd never done until I did it just then.

I made scrambled eggs for the first time.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 AM   #378
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Made of win! Man, that's one of the few things I love about Twenty20 - the fun factor. Once they made it serious, it just became meh.
Yeah, the fun factor is what made me warm up to Twenty20. It'll never rival ODIs or Tests, but I still enjoy watching it and I'm looking forward to the IPL. Though the IPL's team names are just STUPID. Delhi Daredevils? Bangalore Royal Challengers? Chennai Super Kings? MUMBAI INDIANS?!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 AM   #379
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I don't get this forum's hate for One Step Closer. It's one of the few U2 songs from this decade that I really quite like.

I can't decide if I dislike ABOY or Yahweh more. What irks me about ABOY is that the alternate version had much better lyrics but Bono just had to dumb it down for the album. Ugh.
ABOY is a lame-ish attempt to be the Who. I like the idea behind Yahweh, but the execution is very lacking.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 AM   #380
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I see the Bangladeshis made 143.
And what, broke the record for their highest ninth wicket stand or something?

They're so going to get thumped.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:00 AM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Yeah, the fun factor is what made me warm up to Twenty20. It'll never rival ODIs or Tests, but I still enjoy watching it and I'm looking forward to the IPL. Though the IPL's team names are just STUPID. Delhi Daredevils? Bangalore Royal Challengers? Chennai Super Kings? MUMBAI INDIANS?!
You can't fault them - English isn't their first language by a long way.

Although "Mumbai Indians" is made of SuperWin, I must say. Is their mascot's name Captain Obvious?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 AM   #382
Vocal parasite

Quote:
ABOY is a lame-ish attempt to be the Who. I like the idea behind Yahweh, but the execution is very lacking.
I know the live version is irrelevant to Survivor, being based on studio versions only and whatnot, but UGH, ABOY SUCKED LIVE. Bono's delivery was lacklustre, and having just one guitar made it even more dull. I don't normally go for covers, but replacing ABOY with Saints down here was a good move.

The idea behind Yahweh just seems like rehashing Gloria for no good reason. And the execution is abysmal; the intro on the album version sounds like dogshit! The alternate version is a little better in that regard, but ... meh, what a dull song.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 AM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

And what, broke the record for their highest ninth wicket stand or something?

They're so going to get thumped.
Probably broke the record for most runs they've ever strung together despite their team being composed of those despicable white men, when we all know that cricket in Zimbabwe should be played by the glorious blacks, grandchildren of Mugabe.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I know the live version is irrelevant to Survivor, being based on studio versions only and whatnot, but UGH, ABOY SUCKED LIVE. Bono's delivery was lacklustre, and having just one guitar made it even more dull. I don't normally go for covers, but replacing ABOY with Saints down here was a good move.
I'm intrigued now. Which version of Saints do you think is the best?

Personally, I liked the full live one with Green Day - the sound of two drumkits makes the song good. Larry on his own, really sucks on that song.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 AM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 AM
yahweh leaves alot to be desired, i love ABOY its just funky. i wonder if LAPOE will go for the win ?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 AM   #386
Vocal parasite

Quote:

You can't fault them - English isn't their first language by a long way.

Although "Mumbai Indians" is made of SuperWin, I must say. Is their mascot's name Captain Obvious?
Why do they even have to give their teams English names though? I mean, it's India! The main market is the domestic market! Oh well. And honestly, I've never met an Indian whose English is anything less than impeccable. It turns out the Bangalore Royal Challengers are named after their sponsor. Quoth Wikipedia:

Quote:
Vijay Mallya wanted to associate one of his top-selling liquor brands, No. 1 McDowell's or Royal Challenge with the team. He chose Royal Challenge and named the team as Bangalore Royal Challengers.
I've no idea who I'll support yet ... maybe the Mumbai Indians for their total stating-the-obviousness.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:05 AM   #387
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I'm intrigued now. Which version of Saints do you think is the best?

Personally, I liked the full live one with Green Day - the sound of two drumkits makes the song good. Larry on his own, really sucks on that song.
Oh, I thought all the versions on the fifth leg were a much of a muchness, and a big improvement on ABOY, which nearly put me to sleep in Boston with its lacklustreness.

I never listened to any version featuring Green Day, including the studio version. I fucking hate Green Day.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
yahweh leaves alot to be desired, i love ABOY its just funky. i wonder if LAPOE will go for the win ?
LAPOE's probably the better of that or COBL, going by studio versions alone. Live, I'd say COBL. I mean, you can actually hear Larry attempting to give a damn on studio LAPOE!!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #389
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Why do they even have to give their teams English names though? I mean, it's India! The main market is the domestic market! Oh well. And honestly, I've never met an Indian whose English is anything less than impeccable.
Still trying to throw off the shackles of evil colonialism...
Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #390
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Probably broke the record for most runs they've ever strung together despite their team being composed of those despicable white men, when we all know that cricket in Zimbabwe should be played by the glorious blacks, grandchildren of Mugabe.
, though are you missing something here? This is Bangladesh, not Zimbabwe. Or am I missing a reference that makes the joke even funnier? My brain's still not entirely functioning ...

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread