Unalaska Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Oh god this is like the biggest heatwave ever, I'm basically dead.
Do you want an emergency ice shipment?

And perhaps some frozen water cubes too.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #317
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Oh god this is like the biggest heatwave ever, I'm basically dead.
Fuuuuck. I just checked the Bureau of Meteorology and its Adelaide station reports that last night, it didn't even drop below 30C for you guys. That's fucking NUTS.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60...01.94675.shtml

We at least got down to 25.5 at 2am, though it's been fairly consistently around 38 from 2pm until now.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Do you want an emergency ice shipment?

And perhaps some frozen water cubes too.
Oh fuck yeah, if you sent that you'd be my hero.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #319
Blue Crack Supplier

Damn, this pasta is nice. This is the first time i've gone back for seconds on anything in ages.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #320
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Probably the best bus conversation i've had was last week where our bus started following the wrong route when we got to Pakuranga. The girl and guy in front of me and my mate turned around and we were all very concerned we'd got on the wrong bus, because as we'd all learnt sometimes the drivers pull up to where the service starts, and changes the sign while accepting passengers.

That was a fun 20 odd minutes.
Oh dear. That reminds me of when Kate caught a bus here in Melbourne, pushed the button to alert the driver that she wanted to get off, and he didn't stop. Four stops later, numerous people were waiting to get off and the bus driver just kept on going, oblivious to the people onboard. He then stopped in the middle of nowhere and let them off. Though I think they're partly to blame, as neither Kate nor anyone else actually said anything like "uh, you just drove past my stop" to the driver.

That argument I mentioned was epic. It was a Friday night and these people must have been totally sloshed. Half the group got on the tram, while half stayed off and they argued about whether it was the right tram or not. I've never heard so much swearing in my life. The driver went to talk to them twice and they still kept arguing. Eventually, none of them were actually blocking the doors, so the driver closed them and just left. The guy beside me and I both knew they were on the wrong tram but didn't want to say anything because this crazy bogan lady was absolutely convinced it was the right tram. We were both tempted to ride the tram to the end to see what happened when she got to the terminus and it was the wrong place.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 03:40 AM   #321
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Oh dear. That reminds me of when Kate caught a bus here in Melbourne, pushed the button to alert the driver that she wanted to get off, and he didn't stop. Four stops later, numerous people were waiting to get off and the bus driver just kept on going, oblivious to the people onboard. He then stopped in the middle of nowhere and let them off. Though I think they're partly to blame, as neither Kate nor anyone else actually said anything like "uh, you just drove past my stop" to the driver.
I've seen people in that situation before. How hard is it to say something nice and quick?

The driver has never missed my stop - more often than not they're asking me where the stop is. That was real effective the first time i caught the bus.

Sounds like a great fight too
Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #322
Vocal parasite

Holy shit, Bonnie. SBS just reported that today was Adelaide's 12th consecutive day with temperatures above 35.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 03:44 AM   #323
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Holy shit, Bonnie. SBS just reported that today was Adelaide's 12th consecutive day with temperatures above 35.
Good god. I couldn't cope with two days over 35.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:47 AM   #324
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I've seen people in that situation before. How hard is it to say something nice and quick?

The driver has never missed my stop - more often than not they're asking me where the stop is. That was real effective the first time i caught the bus.

Sounds like a great fight too
I think some people are just gutless. I don't get it. Though I've noticed some tram drivers are spectacularly incoherent and sometimes those people who do ask questions just get more confused.

I've never had my stop missed either. Kate ironically did, the very day after her bus experience. The tram sailed through my stop and pulled up at the next one.

I love the local bus route that runs down my street - although it has designated stops, it will stop absolutely anywhere. I just wish I had more reason to use it! The trams now only stop at their officially designated stops - the closest is a block from me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 03:50 AM   #325
Vocal parasite

OK, do any of you guys know websites with good recipes, especially Mediterranean ones? I'm getting bored with my current dinners.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-14-2008, 03:52 AM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier

I probably wouldn't kick up a fuss if the driver missed my stop - i don't mind the walk and my normal stop is pathetically close to my house. I actually normally get off several stops early to walk it.

I've found our bus drivers are pretty good at talking to people - they usually seem to get the barely english speaking asian passengers to the right place.

I like my bus. By the time my stop comes around most people are off, and i tell the driver that if he wants he can cut down a certain street that will get him back to the depot sooner.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:14 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure of any particular sites. What sort of Mediterranean dishes in particular were you thinking of cooking? Poultry? Breads?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Want to try something different?

http://www.asianfood-recipes.com/Mal...oodRecipes.php
Old 03-14-2008, 03:54 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Oh, right, Mediterranean . No idea, sorry.

By the way, I'm not really online, just lurking.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 AM   #330
Blue Crack Supplier

Malaysian food is made of SuperWin.

Tags
superthread