Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

I have one, but it's Chinese, 7 feet long and unsharpened.

If John Howard visits Melbourne, I would like to borrow it for activities that I assure you will be Perfectly Legal.*

*Under an Axverian dictatorial regime anyway.

Axver said:
Hey Ali! :wave:

How about the cool change that's rocked up, eh? :drool:

Y'know how people joke about talking about the weather being the most neutral venue of discussion, the last thing everyone falls back to?

Here in Melbourne, it's really not. It's practically one of the first things anyone mentions, and it's always relevant.

Axver said:

If John Howard visits Melbourne, I would like to borrow it for activities that I assure you will be Perfectly Legal.*

*Under an Axverian dictatorial regime anyway.

If he comes to the university, I'll rock up with ALL my weapons. Let's see them try to stop me from walking into any lecture he's giving, ha.

Also, you forget the good old Exodic law. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I reckon for the disrespect he's shown to the Aboriginals, he deserves at least a spearing.

major_panic said:
Also, you forget the good old Exodic law. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I reckon for the disrespect he's shown to the Aboriginals, he deserves at least a spearing.
*has flashbacks to seeing the video for The Mercy Seat on rage as a young person*

:up:

major_panic said:

Y'know how people joke about talking about the weather being the most neutral venue of discussion, the last thing everyone falls back to?

Here in Melbourne, it's really not. It's practically one of the first things anyone mentions, and it's always relevant.

:lol: Yeah, Melbourne provides endless material for weather discussion. In Queensland, it's just "well, I see the weather hasn't changed in the last month".

major_panic said:

If he comes to the university, I'll rock up with ALL my weapons. Let's see them try to stop me from walking into any lecture he's giving, ha.

:lol: That would be too awesome. "Nah, I'm just here to do a traditional wushu demonstration and to debut my new Haast's Eagle technique for the Prime Minister ..."

And I'll show up with my arsenal of intellectual weaponry. :drool:

Morning, Superthread.

Just saw the Arcade Fire discussion. Totally agree about "Wake Up."

I feel there's two songs they actually pulled off: "Rebellion (Lies)" and "Intervention."

Axver said:

:lol: That would be too awesome. "Nah, I'm just here to do a traditional wushu demonstration and to debut my new Haast's Eagle technique for the Prime Minister ..."

And I'll show up with my arsenal of intellectual weaponry. :drool:

Intellectual weaponry :up:

Haast's Eagle :up:

Hey there, AMENDMENT. Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?

And damn, I seem to have passed 1000 posts without noticing. Oh well.

Alisaura said:

:drool:

Shame it hasn't reached inside our house yet. :grumpy:
At least I didn't have to drive home in excessive heat! :yippie:

I'm always talking about weather... :D

Hah, I just e-mailed you and asked if the cool change arrived early enough for you. Glad it did. :up:

I'm somewhat hooked to following the Bureau of Meteorology's website ...

phillyfan26 said:
Morning, Superthread.

Just saw the Arcade Fire discussion. Totally agree about "Wake Up."

I feel there's two songs they actually pulled off: "Rebellion (Lies)" and "Intervention."

Greetings, Pee Fan.

I don't mind Rebellion (Lies). Can't remember Intervention.

major_panic said:
And damn, I seem to have passed 1000 posts without noticing. Oh well.

Hopefully one of the premiums can search back and find out which post was your 1,000th.

Nice going on how quickly you've boosted your post count. :wink:

Some of the subdivisions within the Law as shown in the Brick Testament:

When To Stone Your Children
When To Marry Your Sister-In-Law
When To Stone Your Whole Family
Fashion
Male Genital Injury
Why To Keep The Law

It's all great!

phillyfan26 said:
Intervention's off the second album.

Ah. I played the whole album twice. It was mediocre. Less shitty moments, but less potential too.

Axver said:
I'm somewhat hooked to following the Bureau of Meteorology's website ...
It's one of the few sites we can access at work... the radar maps can provide hours of entertainment when the only alternative is Yellow Pages or the Age website :lol:

Axver said:

Ah. I played the whole album twice. It was mediocre. Less shitty moments, but less potential too.

I tend to agree. I like them, but I certainly don't hero-worship them like some people around here do.

Intervention is on my playlist, so you'll get another shot to hear it.

Axver said:
Hopefully one of the premiums can search back and find out which post was your 1,000th.

Nice going on how quickly you've boosted your post count. :wink:
Is there a way of doing that besides just counting? :scratch:

major_panic said:
Some of the subdivisions within the Law as shown in the Brick Testament:

When To Stone Your Children
When To Marry Your Sister-In-Law
When To Stone Your Whole Family
Fashion
Male Genital Injury
Why To Keep The Law

It's all great!

:lmao: :lmao:

Now there's a Testament I can take seriously. :wink:

Alisaura said:

It's one of the few sites we can access at work... the radar maps can provide hours of entertainment when the only alternative is Yellow Pages or the Age website :lol:

The Age website occasionally does provide lols. Usually it has useful information though, such as cool changes :up:

And the Bureau of Meteorology (Melbourne) is actually cutting-edge science here, rather than a creative way of avoiding a real job. (thanks Terry Pratchett for that one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom