Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:
oh yes i was yahooing all over the place

I feel like I actually want to live again. Today was just nuts when I was out at Vic Markets.

I can handle the heat, it's more tolerable than in Queensland, but fuck I hate it.

Wish my hair were shorter too. I keep meaning to get it cut. I would've done it today but there was no way I was spending a second longer away from home than I had to. I just wanted my fan and a cold drink!

Hey, EYKIW, re: voting off One Step Closer in round two of HTDAAB Survivor?

EPIC PHAIL.

coolian2 said:
Oh Channel 9. Let's put cameras and microphones in the team dressing rooms and hope they don't swear. Fail.

I loved when they had Andrew Symonds mic-ed up during the Twenty20 game in Perth against New Zealand. He was talking to the commentators before bowling to Oram, and remarks "excuse me, I've got to bowl this big bastard - wait, can I say that?" Turned out they just made it. It was 11:01pm on the east coast, and 9:01pm in Perth; a minute earlier and it wouldn't have been permitted!

major_panic said:

BLOODY #*@&ing MELBOURNE.

And now it's 25.7. In 90 minutes, the temperature plummeted 12.5 degrees. This city is made of CrazyWin.

Axver said:

I loved when they had Andrew Symonds mic-ed up during the Twenty20 game in Perth against New Zealand. He was talking to the commentators before bowling to Oram, and remarks "excuse me, I've got to bowl this big bastard - wait, can I say that?" Turned out they just made it. It was 11:01pm on the east coast, and 9:01pm in Perth; a minute earlier and it wouldn't have been permitted!

Made of win! Man, that's one of the few things I love about Twenty20 - the fun factor. Once they made it serious, it just became meh.

mysterious_jen said:

i was just in there. and was going to say WTF !!!!!!!!!!

(then again i love ABOU) which will be next. :sad:

I don't get this forum's hate for One Step Closer. It's one of the few U2 songs from this decade that I really quite like.

I can't decide if I dislike ABOY or Yahweh more. What irks me about ABOY is that the alternate version had much better lyrics but Bono just had to dumb it down for the album. Ugh.

Axver said:

And now it's 25.7. In 90 minutes, the temperature plummeted 12.5 degrees. This city is made of CrazyWin.

Hey, it means that the meteorology guy that I quoted earlier was right!

Also, a serious and deep confession for you all: I've done something that I'd never done until I did it just then.

I made scrambled eggs for the first time.

major_panic said:

Made of win! Man, that's one of the few things I love about Twenty20 - the fun factor. Once they made it serious, it just became meh.

Yeah, the fun factor is what made me warm up to Twenty20. It'll never rival ODIs or Tests, but I still enjoy watching it and I'm looking forward to the IPL. Though the IPL's team names are just STUPID. Delhi Daredevils? Bangalore Royal Challengers? Chennai Super Kings? MUMBAI INDIANS?!

Axver said:

I don't get this forum's hate for One Step Closer. It's one of the few U2 songs from this decade that I really quite like.

I can't decide if I dislike ABOY or Yahweh more. What irks me about ABOY is that the alternate version had much better lyrics but Bono just had to dumb it down for the album. Ugh.

ABOY is a lame-ish attempt to be the Who. I like the idea behind Yahweh, but the execution is very lacking.

coolian2 said:
I see the Bangladeshis made 143.

And what, broke the record for their highest ninth wicket stand or something?

They're so going to get thumped.

Axver said:

Yeah, the fun factor is what made me warm up to Twenty20. It'll never rival ODIs or Tests, but I still enjoy watching it and I'm looking forward to the IPL. Though the IPL's team names are just STUPID. Delhi Daredevils? Bangalore Royal Challengers? Chennai Super Kings? MUMBAI INDIANS?!

You can't fault them - English isn't their first language by a long way.

Although "Mumbai Indians" is made of SuperWin, I must say. Is their mascot's name Captain Obvious?

major_panic said:
ABOY is a lame-ish attempt to be the Who. I like the idea behind Yahweh, but the execution is very lacking.

I know the live version is irrelevant to Survivor, being based on studio versions only and whatnot, but UGH, ABOY SUCKED LIVE. Bono's delivery was lacklustre, and having just one guitar made it even more dull. I don't normally go for covers, but replacing ABOY with Saints down here was a good move.

The idea behind Yahweh just seems like rehashing Gloria for no good reason. And the execution is abysmal; the intro on the album version sounds like dogshit! The alternate version is a little better in that regard, but ... meh, what a dull song.

Axver said:

And what, broke the record for their highest ninth wicket stand or something?

They're so going to get thumped.

Probably broke the record for most runs they've ever strung together despite their team being composed of those despicable white men, when we all know that cricket in Zimbabwe should be played by the glorious blacks, grandchildren of Mugabe.

Axver said:

I know the live version is irrelevant to Survivor, being based on studio versions only and whatnot, but UGH, ABOY SUCKED LIVE. Bono's delivery was lacklustre, and having just one guitar made it even more dull. I don't normally go for covers, but replacing ABOY with Saints down here was a good move.

I'm intrigued now. Which version of Saints do you think is the best?

Personally, I liked the full live one with Green Day - the sound of two drumkits makes the song good. Larry on his own, really sucks on that song.

major_panic said:

You can't fault them - English isn't their first language by a long way.

Although "Mumbai Indians" is made of SuperWin, I must say. Is their mascot's name Captain Obvious?

Why do they even have to give their teams English names though? I mean, it's India! The main market is the domestic market! Oh well. And honestly, I've never met an Indian whose English is anything less than impeccable. It turns out the Bangalore Royal Challengers are named after their sponsor. Quoth Wikipedia:

Vijay Mallya wanted to associate one of his top-selling liquor brands, No. 1 McDowell's or Royal Challenge with the team. He chose Royal Challenge and named the team as Bangalore Royal Challengers.

I've no idea who I'll support yet ... maybe the Mumbai Indians for their total stating-the-obviousness.

major_panic said:

I'm intrigued now. Which version of Saints do you think is the best?

Personally, I liked the full live one with Green Day - the sound of two drumkits makes the song good. Larry on his own, really sucks on that song.

Oh, I thought all the versions on the fifth leg were a much of a muchness, and a big improvement on ABOY, which nearly put me to sleep in Boston with its lacklustreness.

I never listened to any version featuring Green Day, including the studio version. I fucking hate Green Day.

mysterious_jen said:
yahweh leaves alot to be desired, i love ABOY its just funky. i wonder if LAPOE will go for the win ?

LAPOE's probably the better of that or COBL, going by studio versions alone. Live, I'd say COBL. I mean, you can actually hear Larry attempting to give a damn on studio LAPOE!!

Axver said:

Why do they even have to give their teams English names though? I mean, it's India! The main market is the domestic market! Oh well. And honestly, I've never met an Indian whose English is anything less than impeccable.

Still trying to throw off the shackles of evil colonialism... :wink:

major_panic said:

Probably broke the record for most runs they've ever strung together despite their team being composed of those despicable white men, when we all know that cricket in Zimbabwe should be played by the glorious blacks, grandchildren of Mugabe.

:lol:, though are you missing something here? This is Bangladesh, not Zimbabwe. Or am I missing a reference that makes the joke even funnier? My brain's still not entirely functioning ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom