Um, I know where the White Stripes got their sound..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
So I'm at the record store today and I'm listening to a Buzzcocks album. I've heard of the band, an old punk(ish) band from the 70's, but I hadn't heard any of their music. They've got an album titled "Singles Going Steady." I swear the first cut sounds soooooooooo similar to the White Stripes, down to the guy's voice. The song is called "Orgasm Addict." If you don't believe me, check it out on Amazon. The White Stripes have heard the Buzzcocks before. There's no doubt in my mind.

That is all.

Last edited:
Er, apparently I was one of the last people to figure that out. I just did a google search for "the whites stripes buzzcocks" and all kinds of people have already made the association. *sheepish grin*

YES! I finally heard/saw these guys on MTV (I've been watching A LOT of TV lately), and my first thought was "Holy crap! Someone's been listening to a lot of Buzzcocks!"

Well, you tried it just for once
Found it alright for kicks
Now you find out that it's a habit that sticks
And you're a orgasm addict

:sexywink: :sexywink:

*ahem*

THE STROKES: "Last Nite"

TOM PETTY" "American Girl"

YOU Decide....

nothin against the Strokes....I like 'em...but...

See, I always think the White Stripes sound like garage Led Zeppelin. What do I care, i like them.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Hey, better this kind of music making a "comeback" than more Britney and N'Sync tribute groups.

Am I right?

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!~~I can't take anymore of this "boyband" .....'music'. And what I really can't stand is when they say that they try to express themselves through "their" music. SOMEONE ELSE WRITES IT FOR THEM!!!, how much could they possible express through someone elses words?

Nothing against people who like that stuff, it is what it is. But please don't claim that it's more than what we all know it is.

(just venting my mind...too much work latley)

Isn't the White Stripes a 2 person band?
Just a guy and a girl ( his sister?)

:eyebrow:

Yes, Tom Petty can sing, like a dying duck. jk, I do like Tom Petty but you cant really act like he's a good singer.

Back
Top Bottom