Ultimate Fantasy Hockey Pool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
Because of such popular demand in the other thread... :wink:

I've started a yahoo league (autodraft) with a cap of 12 teams.

It's a head-to-head league with 25 players per team, divided accordingly with somewhat lax positions. There is a 15 player acquisition limit, so draft wisely. No limits on team to team trades until March 17... a little past the trade deadline :wink:.

So if you're up to the challenge, here's the site:

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

The league ID: 10112
Password: gretzkywho

Sign up soon so that you can pre-rank, and I can autodraft in mid to late September.

Good luck.

:up:

~cujo

Last edited:
how many teams are you going to have?

I have a tough time understanding hockey/basketball fantasy leagues...can you explain how the hockey one works (choosing players nightly to play, how do they score, etc. etc.)

It's super easy, Zoney. It has to be, or I couldn't have done it. :)

You can rearrange your roster daily (you can do it weeks in advance, actually, thanks to the real game schedule Yahoo gives you) or you can just leave it be. I usually do it in advance and put the players out who are really playing that night.

You go head to head against a team and whoever's players get the most points in real life wins that week. Everything counts--your teams are evaluated on goals scored, goals allowed, +/-, etc.
So, the success of your team depends on consistently good players.

If a player is injured in real life, he's injured on your team too and you have to bench him and put someone else out.

In my league last season, they traded constantly to get the players on hot streaks, so I fell behind really quickly because I don't like to trade.

You have to play, zoney, it's fun!! I won in the consolation league, LOL.

This is a private league.

I have the limit at 12 teams for now... I didn't know how much interest there would be.

There's nothing to it zoney. Just try to pre-rank with the knowledge that we're measuring the stats of:

Skaters: Goals, Assists, Powerplay points, Shorthanded points, +/-, Faceoff Wins, Penalty Minutes, and Game Winning Goals.

So try to get more "complete" players, like Modano, Peca, and Thornton for example.

Goalies: Games Played, Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts.

Pay attention to Games Played...

I looked at the Yahoo rankings... they're not too bad. But I don't know how safe you'll be if you don't edit your pre-rankings.

During the season there is a 15 player acquisition limit. If you don't remember that you're screwed.

Just sign up and ask questions later. I don't mind helping anyone if they need it... you can email me through the site.

It's really not that complicated or involving.

If anyone's still interested I'll be out of town the next few days. Feel free to sign up even if you're not serious about it. I won't be doing the draft until at least mid-Sept... or further if suggested.

Thanks.

*signed up* But slightly confused...as always...

edited to add that my rankings are kind of insane (at least if you go by the initial list...) that won't adversely affect anyone else, I hope?

Last edited:
Finally, Too Many Men has some chicks to reckon with.

Your draft rankings are just to compete with everyone else's--like if we picked the same player, but one of us ranked him higher than the other, the person who ranked him higher will get him. Or should.

So, just rank all the players you know I'll want really low. :shifty:

I can't. :huh: Because I'm confused by that too.

It only will draft so many players, if you pre-ranked more than that, you just won't get the bottom of the list. I always overpick. I think cujo means, (because the rules do caution against this) make sure you get all the positions filled in that top 15. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with alot of forwards and need to trade for defensemen.

My guess. :shrug: Cujo? Chizip?

Alright.

I've decided to set the autodraft effective Tues. Sept. 30th. If anyone wishes to join (zoney, griffey, etc.), you can refer to the first page of this thread for information on how to gain access to the yahoo league.

So the only question is... can you dance?

we can dance if we want to
we can leave your friends behind
because your friends dont dance
and if they dont dance
well, theyre no friends of mine

We are only competing within our league for players, right? Or do we have to compete with everyone else?

If we are, move that draft date up now.

Good.

The big name talent is all mine! Mine! :evil:

I am very disappointed in our hockey devoted. Aren't they going to put their fanatical knowledge to the test? :down:

Welcome zoney.

I may just have to close the league... draft is coming up on the 30th. Again, unless there are objections.

Griffiths just might have to find another sandbox to defile.

Okay, I just ranked my players. Is that all I need to do? And are those 25 players the only ones I have to choose from? Do I have to select per position or can it be any number of RW, LW, C, and goalies? What if I only have 3 goalies in my top 15? Is that okay? hee hee...so confused.

Ok.

You have to pre-rank... I think there's a composite list of about 500 players. If you do the first 25 or so, I'm assuming that the autodraft will fill in the rest (assuming you don't get your desired player) by the default rankings. So you might want to overshoot by selecting the first 50 or so... for safe measure (you have another 10 days yet).

You pick however you deem it necessary; although you may want to balance your choices out to ensure you won't need to "tweak" as much after the draft. Seeing as once you have your core team established, you'll only be allowed 15 add/drops. However, team to team trades between us are unlimited.

It's pretty easy, but you just have to hope your ranks stand over others.

Thanks, Cuj...

I have no idea why some superstar players are pre-rated *so* low. Am I missing something? Do you get equal points for a goal, an assist, for each increase in +/-, and so forth? Or are some stats worth more than others?

Back
Top Bottom