Ultimate Fantasy Hockey Pool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think all the stats are equivalent, except for maybe faceoffs, pim's, and goalie stats. If you want to know everything about our league, just click on League Settings on the League Overview page... it's on the left hand side under League Info. If you can't access it, here's all the categories and miscellaneous things:

League ID#: 10112
Password: gretzkywho
Season: Full Season
Draft Type: Auto
Draft Status: predraft
Draft Ready: No
Maximum Number of Teams: 12
Maximum Players on a Team: 25
Maximum Moves: 15
Maximum Trades: No maximum

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head League
Waiver Time: 2 days
Last Trade Date: Wednesday, March 17
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Minimum Games: 3
Roster Changes: Daily
Starting Positions: C, C, C, C, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, G, IR, IR, IR

Statistical Categories (Forwards/Defenseman):
Goals
Assists
Plus/Minus
Penalty Minutes*
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals
Faceoffs Won*

Statistical Categories (Goalies):
Games Started
Wins
Goals Against Average*
Save Percentage*
Shutouts (probably double or higher value than wins)

*- probably proportion of percentage.

Other categories should be equivalent whole numbers. It looks like a lot, but really what you're looking for is complete players. If you keep that in mind, you don't need to look through piles and piles of season stat previews and crap like that.

Thanks for joining everyone, we need one more though.

:up:

I'll join!

even if I have no idea how to play hockey

edit: nevermind, i'm completely clueless about how to join, and i probably wouldn't know which players to transfer

Last edited:
Yertle - Don't worry. I'm completely clueless as to which players to transfer as well--not because I don't know anything about hockey, but because I don't know the exact formula yahoo uses in determing rankings. I mean, there are a couple players who could finish in the top 5 or 6 scoring who are listed in the 50s and 100s! Obviously they were placed that low for a reason. As such, maybe the best thing to do is to use their selections....you might have a better chance than someone like me who chooses his own players without knowing why exactly.

Just remember to choose your top 15 or 20 players not positionally (that is, don't choose a string of RW, then a string of goalies, etc) because otherwise you could--if I understood this correctly--fill up your bench with only one or two parts of your team. Just pick the top players in the NHL for every position, and as Cujo said, the more well rounded a player the better (a player that isn't *just* a scorer for example, but someone who also takes penalties, wins faceoffs, etc). That's where yahoo's automatic selections come in. Possibly the best way to go?

Man, that was long winded...proof that I am indeed still clueless too.

no disk said:
Looking to kick some butt, if you still need one more...

no disk, you are indeed welcome to join.

The league limit is at 12 teams, and as of last night we had 7... so theoretically there are 5 spots left. Although, yahoo autodraft requires an even number of teams in the league... so it's either 8 or 10 (Unless interest reaches new levels).

Yertle, it would be a delight if you joined as well. Make us respectable.

I'm open to help any of those who feel overwhelmed or under prepared...

Last edited:
I sent an invitation to my sister. (The same sister who still hasn't joined Interference, so this could take awhile. :laugh: )

We'd like to have you along, yertle. :up:

Where are the rest of the NHL's devoted?

I have joined. In honor of my lack of attention to my football team, I have dubbed myself 'The Neglecterinos'.

Prepare to tromp me and have your way with my team 7 ways till Sunday. I wont even know it happened, because I wont be paying attention, that I promise you.

i want to play. i will provide you with hours of laughter at my stupidity. i'll be worse than mofo cos i'l actually be trying.

watch me crash my compouter notw

AvsGirl41 said:
I hear Mr. Wizard is weaving mofo some magic....

It's all about the wands with you two.

Wands? Never! We're sword fighters!

....wait......

AvsGirl41 said:

Are the ends tipped?

Or do you like to live dangerously?

Well, I have a broadsword, Cujie tends to use an icepick.

Neither are tipped :sexywink:

u2popmofo said:

Well, I have a broadsword, Cujie tends to use an icepick.

Neither are tipped :sexywink:

Not a claymore between you? Too bad.

The icepick must come in handy for those Basic Instinct theme nights.

AvsGirl41 said:

Claywhore...you mean like Demi Moore in Ghost?

Which one of you is Swayze?

I'm the Ghost. The Ghost with the 'most', if you catch my drift.

Cujo also likes to play as ghosts. His nickname is 'Slimer'....which is odd....

If you need help yertle, you can IM met at Cleo Troubadour on AIM. That goes for anyone else here as well. Unless you are Julie78975298u02... I won't fall for that again.

:down:

PS- I'm more of a broadsword.

u2popmofo said:

I'm the Ghost. The Ghost with the 'most', if you catch my drift.

Cujo also likes to play as ghosts. His nickname is 'Slimer'....which is odd....

Didn't you ever wonder why he buys his Tide in bulk?

Back
Top Bottom