Ultimate Fantasy Hockey Pool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
League Standings as of Jan. 19th:

1. Chizip - 258
2. Edgeman - 238
3. cujo - 237
4. Michael Griffiths - 232
5. Headache In A Suitcase - 213
6. bonoman - 212
6. u2popmofo - 212

First 2 spots get a first round bye... it'll be close.

Maybe I'm just slow (quite likely the case), but I'm still having trouble understanding what Cujo meant. Why would the top 2 teams "get a first round bye"? Doesn't that mean that they'll not make the playoffs? I would have thought, if anything, the top two teams would make them. Can someone please explain exactly what is meant here?

a first round bye means the top 2 teams dont have to play in the first round of the playoffs, they get a free pass into the second round

Thanks, Chiz. That's what I thought it might have meant at first, but the word "bye" through me off. I always thought it was "buy", but since I've never actually written the word in this context (or even read it, as far as I remember), I guess I just didn't know it was "bye" - which, to me, is like "goodbye", and not a "buy in" to the next round.

Bye for now.

:wink:

just want to say that even though my fantasy team the FrozenPeaches suck big time, I am enjoying my lead at this moment over Griffs! *points at Griffs and laughs! :laugh:*

Justified said:
just want to say that even though my fantasy team the FrozenPeaches suck big time, I am enjoying my lead at this moment over Griffs! *points at Griffs and laughs! :laugh:*
It's not just a lead... you actually *won*! There are no more games this week due to the all-star game.

i learned something

i learned that it's not wise to pick half your team to be from the same actual NHL team

Back
Top Bottom