UK X Factor!!! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2005, 03:42 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:37 PM
Regardless of the fact that I don't generally like the manufactured-pop thing, I do think Kelly Clarkson has an absolutely amazing voice. I think she is one of the few examples in which one of those Pop Idolish shows has produced anything good

/waits for onslaught of abuse

America has that 'So You Think You Can Dance' show, which I actually quite enjoyed when I was out there. I'm hoping they might broadcast it here on ITV2 or something.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

She does have a really good voice, although I have heard her doing that Mariah Carey '10 notes where one will do' thing when she sings which is a bit irritating. I agree though, she is one of very few who have actually been any good.

This 'So you think..' programme sounds good. I assume it is about exactly what it says in the title. Does it have lots of shows early on where people who blatently can't dance try too? If so, then it may be worth watching!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:32 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

X Factor 2moro!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:47 AM   #79
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Tilli

This 'So you think..' programme sounds good. I assume it is about exactly what it says in the title. Does it have lots of shows early on where people who blatently can't dance try too? If so, then it may be worth watching!
Thats my kinda show
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Get this bugger back to the top!

And my comments on the 1st live show from last wknd are 2 simple words - Chico....WHY? Terrible and talentless. Poor Addictiv Ladeeeeez, they werent great, but they were nervous cos of performing 1st, but they're certainly a lot better than that buffoon. Apprently even Sharon will now make sure he goes no further this wknd. How she would be allowed to do that I dont know, but I pray to god she does!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #81
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
:And my comments on the 1st live show from last wknd are 2 simple words - Chico....WHY? Terrible and talentless. Poor Addictiv Ladeeeeez, they werent great, but they were nervous cos of performing 1st, but they're certainly a lot better than that buffoon.
Haven't really been following this but I did see the show you're referring to. Both acts were rubbish but at least Chico managed to be somewhat entertaining (in the manner of a court jester, but entertaining nonetheless). THe Ladeez just could not hold a tune and deserved to go!

By the way, what's up with Sharon? Has she had more plastic surgery??

And off topic, did anyone see that "adrenaline junkie" show with Jack Osbourne?? I was actually impressed with the guy, considering that he was a complete waste of space prior.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:23 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah Jack seems to have got himself into shape at last - tho his TV presenting skills still leave a lot to be desired!

As for Sharon, she's got a new hair style from what I can see, but I think that's all. God knows how much she's spent on herself over the last few years to get her looking like she does. It's actually Kate Thornton from the show tho, that looks a lot younger than she is I reckon. 35 apparently but I would've said early 20's!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:34 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:37 AM
I still can't believe that Louis put Chico through. I mean did he take a toilet break or something while the guy was performing?!! He was way worse than Addictive Ladies (or ladeeeez or whatever). There are two big things I have against Chico:

1. What's with that really weird deep singing voice that he's suddenly got on the live shows?

2. He's is SO full of himself. It makes me wanna slap him.

And how hiliarious was it at the end when Kate asked Simon for some words (clearly meaning for addictive ladeeez) and he said, "Chico you are a joke!". But Chico has got more guts than I have, 'cos I wouldn't wanna go up there and sing (though by the sounds of things, singing isn't high on Chico's agenda either). So good luck to him I guess.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie

And (yeah, I can't be bothered to edit. Look it gets my post count up, OK?) Journey South were great.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:41 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

*growls 1st word* "SHHHHHHHHHARON ur so sexy"

God awful. I do hope he goes on sat. nite. Btw, I just made up the Ladeeeeez bit myself! I'm sure they wouldnt be upset!

As for who might win this year, I really like the pair of guys in Simon's category. I have ever since they sung 'Still Havent Found...' a few wks back. Both have great voices - they should make it into the top 5 no problem. Andy the binman is Sharon's best chance of a win, and I think she knows it now too, so maybe she'll stop pissing about with Chico and look to help this guy with 'real' talent.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:43 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
And (yeah, I can't be bothered to edit. Look it gets my post count up, OK?) Journey South were great.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie

yeh andy the bin man put everyone else to shame.

felt sorry for nicholas, he was given such a shit song to sing.

as much as i hate Chico, i just know that Addictiv Ladies (or whatever they're called) would annoy the hell out of me for the rest of the series if they had stayed in with all their "street attitude" ect...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:17 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, forgot to mention that I loathe Fortune. They just represent everything I HATE about boybands. The way their little faces light up when they're singing, like sum1's sticking a finger up their arse, it is just The constant hand movements, and of course, the dreadful vocals. I know so many would disagree and say that they CAN sing, which I guess is true. It's just the WAY they sing that I cannot abide!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:20 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
Oh, forgot to mention that I loathe Fortune. They just represent everything I HATE about boybands. The way their little faces light up when they're singing, like sum1's sticking a finger up their arse, it is just The constant hand movements, and of course, the dreadful vocals. I know so many would disagree and say that they CAN sing, which I guess is true. It's just the WAY they sing that I cannot abide!

no boyband will ever be as good as Take That
Old 10-20-2005, 07:21 AM   #90
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
as much as i hate Chico, i just know that Addictiv Ladies (or whatever they're called) would annoy the hell out of me for the rest of the series if they had stayed in with all their "street attitude" ect...

I bet Chico knows deep down that he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of getting very far so he's just enjoying himself and acting a bit stupid. On the other hand, Addictiv Ladies seemed to think that they were actually talented. Even the one taking lead couldn't sing worth a damn!