UK X Factor!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:

Tilli - ur avatar is legendary!:laugh:

I met KW once u know, at Gatwick Airport in 86'. Being only 4 at the time I didnt have much of a chat, but our flights were delayed and when he saw me crying and all agitated, he came over and started playing with my HE-MAN figures!:cool:

Sad way that he went in the end, if his diary is anything to go by...:(

Cheers!

I haven't read his diaries actually, my dad has just started reading a copy of his autobiography which is what prompted me to use him on my avatar. I loved carry on films when I was younger and I can also remember him from Wilo the Wisp. There was also a programme on about him some time ago and I never realised that there was such sadness in his life as he'd always been this funny, comic figure to me.:(

Tilli said:

Cheers!

I haven't read his diaries actually, my dad has just started reading a copy of his autobiography which is what prompted me to use him on my avatar. I loved carry on films when I was younger and I can also remember him from Wilo the Wisp. There was also a programme on about him some time ago and I never realised that there was such sadness in his life as he'd always been this funny, comic figure to me.:(

His diaries make for a very interesting read in ur a fan...:up:

Aardvark747 said:

:)

Feeling blue today?

*notices ur avatar*

Just trying to fit in with the colour scheme! It was pink for a while yesterday but that just made me look sunburnt!

Photoshop is fun!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Tilli - ur avatar is legendary!:laugh:

I met KW once u know, at Gatwick Airport in 86'. Being only 4 at the time I didnt have much of a chat, but our flights were delayed and when he saw me crying and all agitated, he came over and started playing with my HE-MAN figures!:cool:

WOW!! I am so impressed.
Tilli, your avatar is great (again).

Back on topic: Why is it in these sort of shows it's always the 2nd placers who end up coming up trumps whilst the winners generally fade into obscurity? Is it that whole 'Brits love the underdog thing'?

I think the majority of the people who vote in these shows are a certain type of person who probably don't know much about music. Also the winners have to do exactly what Simon Cowell or whoever tells them while the runners up can do more of their own thing and probably make better music by doing this.

Whatever happened to Michelle McManus?

{paintedroses} said:

Haha was she was working there or ..er.. dining? :wink:

The latter.....u know it!;)

It actually seems that right now, only Girls Aloud seem to have made a lasting name for themselves, since being on Pop Idol. (It was Pop Idol wasnt it?!)
Whichever show it was, they seem to have shaken off the 'reality show' tag.

Will Young I guess has done the same too, tho I havent heard him release anything in a while, i'm sure the next time he does it will be a top 5 hit.

Poor Steve Brookstein tho...despite his single and then the album both reaching no.1, he has been ditched by Simon Cowell and is now considering going back to his pub playing!
He never really stood out for me at all actually...just a normal guy with an average voice...:shrug:
If Tabby had won that series, I reckon he would've gone down a whole lot better. But I think HE is yet to release anything yet actually...:scratch:

So really, only G4 have been popular since the last series of X Factor - and they didnt even win!:wink:

karls77 said:

Who knows. She was on "You are what you eat" a couple of months ago as she'd gained a lot of weight post-pop idol.

Ha! That's right - I saw that too.
Quite funny actually, she got really pissy with the presenter when all she was doing was trying to help her, by telling her the right things to eat!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Ha! That's right - I saw that too.
Quite funny actually, she got really pissy with the presenter when all she was doing was trying to help her, by telling her the right things to eat!:wink:

Yeah, that's right. Didn't she have some odd phobia of fish or am I thinking of another show??

karls77 said:

Yeah, that's right. Didn't she have some odd phobia of fish or am I thinking of another show??

:yes: That was her alright! Strange really....from a brief glance, you wouldnt have thought she was adverse to ANY kind of food!:shrug:

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

If Tabby had won that series, I reckon he would've gone down a whole lot better. But I think HE is yet to release anything yet actually...:scratch:

I read that Rowenta, or whatever her name is and Tabby are both releasing singles in September.

More dreadful people on this show tonight. That guy in the white suit and the piano tie thing:eyebrow:

Simon's put downs were good though.:wink:

The piano tie man was tres funny, and that awful woman in the white outfit that looked like it came out of a mid-90s bargain bin :eyebrow:

Simon is :drool:

Ah, you mean the little old lady - she rocked!:wink:

Yeah, I reckon the Jacko kid will do well.

Was it me or was that little 4 year old boy who came on annoying? I hate it when kids get too big for their boots. I don't find it cute at all. :mad:

Thought Simon was a bit harsh with the Piano tie guy (but he lived to regret that!).

The Belfast one looks like it's going to be seriously entertaining...

TheQuiet1 said:
Thought Simon was a bit harsh with the Piano tie guy (but he lived to regret that!).

The Belfast one looks like it's going to be seriously entertaining...

Hey Quiet1 - just out of interest, whereabouts are u in Yorks? I remember u commenting once when I mentioned Last Of The Summer Wine - are u anywhere near Holmfirth?
I keep meaning to take a long weekend off and have a drive up there...but I never get around to it!:(

Back
Top Bottom