Ugly Betty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Did anyone else watch this?

Did anyone else love it as much as I did?

I loved America Ferrera (is that her right last name?), I loved Vanessa Williams and her assistant, I loved loved LOVED Gina Gershon as Fabia, I loved the Scottish co-worker, I loved her little brother and sister, and I loved those brightly colored sets in the office!

Oh, and Salma Hayek's cameo as the actress on the telenovella!

LOVE. IT.

Yeah, uh ... it was okay.

:shifty:

:wink:

I had high expectations for it, and was so pleased it actually lived up to those expecations.

Yes, I watched it this evening (after all the hype). I liked it! I knew "Fabia" looked familiar, I just couldn't place the name (Gershon).

:up:

Loved it, very charming. America Ferrera was in this fantastic movie called Real Women Have Curves, if you haven't seen it run now and rent it.

Ugly Betty is such a good show for teenage girls, and for women in general. I hope ABC will give it a chance, I think it has a much more limited audience than some other shows.

Salma Hayek is one of the producers

Real Women Have Curves was a great movie. :up:

I liked her in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as well, even though she wasn't my favorite character.

It was enjoyable but realistically I don't think it will last. It seemed a bit over the top with corniness.

I love Ugly Betty. Sure, it's silly and soapy, but it's got heart and style. But I relate to it becuase I have had a job somewhat like Betty's. Her situation is exaggerated for effect, but it's not totally unrealistic. :wink:

I loved the interaction between Betty and her father; you can see the love between them and how he has such faith in her and her dreams.

Am I nuts, or am I the only one who thought Betty's boyfriend and her editor looked somewhat alike?

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch the pilot, so I'm going to see if I can see it soon, but I did see the 2nd half of the 2nd episode and it looked really good.

Betty was very believable.
I've seen Betty la fea, and I liked that. Pretty sure I'm going to love this too.

I wished though, it wasn't in competition with Earl and the Office. It's hard to choose sometimes. :(

I watched the original (Betty la Fea) show like... 6 years ago??... it was cool :) and it was one of the most popular tv series in Colombia. I don't like the mexican version, thought.

Colombian tv networks produce good soap operas because they have a great sense of humor and original themes, it is not always the poor girl with the rich guy and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Loved Betty again this week. :up: It's my new favorite show.

Sevikins said:
I wished though, it wasn't in competition with Earl and the Office. It's hard to choose sometimes. :(

I'm also a My Name is Earl fan. It's tough to choose between the two. It would be easier if either Betty or Earl were available on iTunes (hint, hint, Apple ...)

Thank god my VCR still works ... I'm taping The Office now, while watching the end of Betty.

I saw most of it. My Moxie/Tivo box apparently died again, so I couldn't tape record anything. So I had to miss The Office. And I had to 'pause' Grey's Anatomy', and by the time I caught up, I missed half of ER :mad:

All because my girl is sick :sad: I see a visit to the doctor's office tomorrow. Which may also lead me to miss Roger Waters @ the Hollywood Bowl

/end rant

Queen Bee said:
I haven't seen this show but apparently it's on the brink of cancellation.

Don't get too attached, ladies.

I think you've got your shows mixed up. I haven't watched this show, but it was the most watched new show of the season so far when it debuted last week - at least that's what was reported. It even beat Survivor.

It's not going anywhere.

phanan said:

I think you've got your shows mixed up. I haven't watched this show, but it was the most watched new show of the season so far when it debuted last week - at least that's what was reported. It even beat Survivor.

It's not going anywhere.

I think it has been on the watch out it will probably get cancelled list but that was before it aired.

So who knows! I think Ugly Betty keeps its audience then it'll be fine!

I love this show!

You can go onto ABC.com and watch the episodes for free. (I love this option!!) I do this all the time for Desperate Housewives.

I just watch the premier this morning. I really like this show!!

I have a friend who works in the TV biz and yaks about ratings all the time. Here's what she said about Betty:

"The ratings are good. It is a solid second behind CBS's
Survivor and it makes ABC competitive in a time period that they haven't had a decent number in since 1985.

Episode 2 was lower rated than episode 1 but that happens with most new series. Still, the second episode had over 14 million viewers. All good."

I watched Ugly Betty as "Betty La Fea" when it was a spanish soap opera...it ROCKED... I still haven't seen the english version though, I'm gonna have to catch it on abc.com

:bump:

I love this show so much! I can't wait til Thursday when they finally run a new, non-flashback episode. The only problem is I missed the episode that ran right before Halloween and I'm having issues with the video player at ABC. It keeps freezing up on me because I don't have enough bandwith. I know what happened because I read the recap at Television Without Pity, but I want to see it!

It's alright.
She wears horrible clothing and she is quirky! Oh the premise!

Still watching my way through the first season, however.

Back
Top Bottom