U2's new return to guitar rock album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
No point really, just listen to Ted Leo and the Pharmacists.. "The Tyranny of Distance".
sort of the same thing, but even better in some ways.

Great lyrics, soaring melodies, catchy tunes, powerful drums, interesting textures, and a sort of happy life to it all. It really does remind me of an update of U2's 'Boy' sound. Well there's lots of other influences in there of course. But they definitely sound irish at least. It's just got that feeling.

So say I.

And a sample is here: Biomusicology mp3

Thanks for the link and thread. I'm downloading the song now. I'll respond with impressions later.

I admit, I never was too much into the songs I heard from their last album (and I havent even listened to anything else). I'm interested to hear this though.

Worked for me, Skeek. I like the song. I need to listen to it more to really give some impressions. I dig it so far though. :up:

paxetaurora said:
I'm going to move this to one of the U2-related forums...

I disagree, pax. The title is misleading. This isn't even about U2. Sorry to undermine your authority, but I'm moving it back. ;) :hug:

I have seen Ted Leo twice (second time just a couple days ago), and own Hearts of Oak (hope to get Tyranny of Distance soon) -- they're an excellent band, both on record and live. :up:

YEAH! elevated mole, they are definitely great! I actually just saw them live last night.. it was an awesome show. They played for an hour and forty five minutes!! (not half bad for a $7 club show I dare say) not to mention a really cool opening band, called the reputation.

Little did I know that they are, like U2, a LIVE band.. whose albums just can't match the intensity on stage. The albums are grrreat, but oh man that was a good show.

I also talked to Ted and the drummer Chris before the show a bit.. really cool guys.

So if these guys are in your area you owe it to yourself to check 'em out! :p

BTW, I will have a review and some pics up on my website from the concert hopefully today.

SkeeK said:
YEAH! elevated mole, they are definitely great! I actually just saw them live last night.. it was an awesome show. They played for an hour and forty five minutes!! (not half bad for a $7 club show I dare say) not to mention a really cool opening band, called the reputation.

Little did I know that they are, like U2, a LIVE band.. whose albums just can't match the intensity on stage. The albums are grrreat, but oh man that was a good show.

I also talked to Ted and the drummer Chris before the show a bit.. really cool guys.

So if these guys are in your area you owe it to yourself to check 'em out! :p

BTW, I will have a review and some pics up on my website from the concert hopefully today.

:up: Excellent. :) I absolutely agree -- you're really missing out if you don't see them live. I've made fans out of 3 of my friends already. Can't wait until their new album is out this fall. :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom