U2GIRL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2girl,

Anytime you get bashed or attacked, it's because you brought it upon yourself. Period!

Acting like Mother Theresa isn't gonna earn you any sympathy.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Soul service: i wasn't justifying my defensiveness. I was just trying to explain what it is that causes my defensiveness-and to do that, i need to explain things from the past. Since you weren't around back then, i need to inform you on the previous threads-so that you can understand my behaviour better. Ok?
About filling 1 page with my posts, maybe i wasn't too clear on that. It was others who did it, not me.
I should also tell you that i'm not one of those people who can say "i don't care what people say" (obviously, i wouldn't argue with them if i didn't care), and i don't think quitting posting or leaving is the answer in a disagreement. It always takes two to fight-and i think it's better to try and talk things out than, say, walk away and leaving anger behind.
You said quit posting or adapt: I never said people who don't agree with me have to reply. Ignoring my threads is also an option, plus it makes the thread in question go away faster. How can i adapt to bashing? Maybe they should let go, and not me.

Mikal: believe it or not, i was not talking about her-not the way you mean. (i was just explaining soul service the past of EYKIW-which includes her. that's all. no comments were given or anything, so don't insinuate!). But since you mentioned her: she commented on me in the "drug" and "TheU2" thread for no apparent reason.
Also, you could stop picking on me and get over the fact we disagreed on the whole "drug" thing. (you can't honestly tell me your little remarks don't have anything to do with that)

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-08-2001).]

Originally posted by soul service:
It's impossible to get along with everyone... There is always someone you won't connect with and that's ALRIGHT!!

You can't control others' thoughts. Leave it there. You can say what you think but they are not obligated to take it. They'll do whatever they want with what you say and that's the consequence you have to assume everytime you open your mouth!!!

Just a little more:
about the first paragraph-i don't know the answer to that one. I know there are quite a few people in here who never get into fights at all. (that is not to say they don't do it in real life, for example)
There are periods of time when i manage to achieve that here (getting along with people), so why not try and achieve it as much as possible?

About the second paragraph: you just mentioned one of my "sins". Yes indeed, if your name is U2girl, you can't do whatever you want with other opinions. And if you do, you're in trouble!

------------------

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

I get what you say. I'll let time and talks do their jobs and we'll see later if I have the same opinion...

I must say I'm quite surprised how this thread developped!! Quite interesting...

u2girl,

I actually never had a problem with you until the drug thread. If you recall, I actually defended you when Elvis started the thread about you.

I'm not trying to pick on you. To be honest, I'm just very annoyed with you. That's where those comments are coming from.

I just thought it was insane how you twisted a comment like "Maybe you should stay out of this debate because you don't have experience with the subject" into being this HUGE personal attack even after I applauded you for not doing drugs. YOU made that thread turn sour. I normally am a very easy going person. But when you basically turned every word I said around, it pissed me off. The last straw was when you started a new thread after the original one was closed.

Now, I apologize for being a dick to you the last week, but you did instigate it. I must admit, I have lost some respect for you. If you want to gain my respect back, I suggest you just admit that you instigated this whole thing and that you have done some wrongdoing instead of acting all innocent like you have been in this thread.

That's enough for now. Hope writing this wasn't a waste of time.

------------------

Originally posted by mikal:
u2girl,

I actually never had a problem with you until the drug thread. If you recall, I actually defended you when Elvis started the thread about you.

I'm not trying to pick on you. To be honest, I'm just very annoyed with you. That's where those comments are coming from.

I just thought it was insane how you twisted a comment like "Maybe you should stay out of this debate because you don't have experience with the subject" into being this HUGE personal attack even after I applauded you for not doing drugs. YOU made that thread turn sour. I normally am a very easy going person. But when you basically turned every word I said around, it pissed me off. The last straw was when you started a new thread after the original one was closed.

Now, I apologize for being a dick to you the last week, but you did instigate it. I must admit, I have lost some respect for you. If you want to gain my respect back, I suggest you just admit that you instigated this whole thing and that you have done some wrongdoing instead of acting all innocent like you have been in this thread.

That's enough for now. Hope writing this wasn't a waste of time.

Hmmm...well i said it all started after the "drug" thread, didn't i?

You're not picking on me? You can't be serious about that.

It was personal, that's what i'm trying to tell you-you made it personal with that comment (not to mention "you should try some to help you chill", after you applauded me) you mentioned above and all the little "here we go again" comments. Of course, "your posts are juvenile" attitude didn't help either.

I didn't instigate anything (and it's not MY fault we have different opinions), and i think i lost any chances of having your respect (or any normal attitude from you) with that thread, judging your behaviour lately. I don't owe anything to you, nor do i have to prove anything to you.

Like i said before, get over the "drug" thread already!

ps: The only reason i started a new thread is the original got closed. Is starting a new thread a crime all of a sudden?!?

------------------

But when you basically turned every word I said around

Read u2girl's last post.

I rest my case.

------------------

Originally posted by U2girl:
[B

ps: The only reason i started a new thread is the original got closed. Is starting a new thread a crime all of a sudden?!?

[/B]

yes. it is called trolling.

------------------

yes. it is called trolling.

That's funny, i thought trolling was posting stuff that pisses people off, and doing it intentionally. That, or insulting people.
(not to mention, after a thread is closed, it says "you're welcome to start a new thread")

LOL, i didn't have to turn your words around (not now and not in the "drug" thread). Your actions kind of speak for themselves.

ps: Do you realise how unsincere and uncredible your apology looks along with the accusations you made in the very same post?

pps: Saying "maybe you should stay out of this" is called patronising. And it is personal.

------------------

i didn't have to turn your words around (not now and not in the "drug" thread). Your actions kind of speak for themselves.

then why did you?

BTW, please explain to me how I was insecure. I can't wait to hear this one! LOL

------------------

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 11-08-2001).]

then why did you?

I just said i didn't. Why do you insist on saying something you know isn't true?

If you don't stop trashing around, this thread will get closed.

ps: What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about insecurity.

I just said i didn't. Why do you insist on saying something you know isn't true?

If you don't stop trashing around, this thread will get closed.

HAHA!!!!!!!!! How ironic.

------------------

[BI didn't say anything about insecurity.

oops! you're right! You said insincere. *putting on my reading glasses*

------------------

Maybe, but still-quit it.

quit what. you're the one keeping it going.

BTW, my "apology thread"(if that's what you want to call it), was sincere. I was basically telling you why I have been acting the way I have with you. The last thing I did in that thread was rip on you. I was being brutally honest. Yet you still gave me a harsh response. It's too bad you had to do that. I thought maybe we could end this discussion civily. I should have taken other members' advice and stayed out of it. I really regret being a part of this thread.

Soul Service, I apologize for this thread turning out the way it did.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 11-08-2001).]

oops! you're right! You said insincere. *putting on my reading glasses*

See? *nudge*

Ok, that with the reading glasses was funny.
smile.gif
Inspired the *nudge* at the "see" comment.

Hmmm-i guess we're both doing it. But as i have to go to now, this is it from me.

Mikal, actually, don't excuse yourself for anything cause the title of this thread is U2girl. Everything I wanted to know, I got it. And, it's alright. It seems that you're explaining each others out!! Even if it's a bit sparky, it's cool. Maybe, at the end of it, you'll even shake hands!! LOL!!! No, still, maybe this will end by a contract of beginning again and try not to offense the other by any way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom