U2 should follow Red Hot Chili Pepper example...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
I like how the Red Hot Chili Peppers released an album last year, managed to make it last for around 12 months with 4/5 singles, then release a new single from their upcoming Greatest Hits compilation under 6 months after their last album. single.

No long waits. No axiety. Makes it seem like they haven't disappeared. Some might say that's a bad thing, but I think its good.

I'd just like U2 to follow this example.

Thank you, that is all...

Well, U2 kinda did those things with Pop -> Best Of 1980-1990 and ATYCLB -> Best Of 1990-2000. They released their regular album, toured it, had some singles of it and less than a year later they released their compilation album. Granted, If God Will Send His Angels wasn't that big a hit anymore, but about 8 or 9 months after that they did have another single (Sweetest Thing). Same goes with Walk On and Electrical Storm.

So there is a small difference between 6 months after their last single and 9 months, but it isn't like an eternity.

C ya!

Marty

RHCP have become kind of stale they were awesome in the early 90's, but Californication was good.
I think currenly they are overrated.
U2 don't need follow any examples to further their career and I don't believe they need to start now.

Bunbury said:

U2 don't need follow any examples to further their career and I don't believe they need to start now.

I always think its annoying the way bands toss out the albums/ singles like there is no tomorrow almost as if they arent gonna last that long and trying to get as much as possible while they are still popular

U2 have nothing to prove and I like waiting - thats half the fun imo.

Bunbury said:
RHCP have become kind of stale they were awesome in the early 90's, but Californication was good.
I think currenly they are overrated.

I have to agree on that....

New RHCP stuff sucks!!!

I used to like them now I hate them. They used to write such good rock/puck music now its its just pussy music!

I was expecting this thread to be about the penis socks, personally.

I love the new RHCP stuff. How ridiculous would they be if they were still making the same kind of frat rock/punk music they used to make when they are now in their 40s, clean & sober, and all grown up. They are different people today and the music reflects that. Frusciante is doing some of his best work, imo.

And I agree that U2 needn't follow anybody's example.

joyfulgirl said:
I love the new RHCP stuff. How ridiculous would they be if they were still making the same kind of frat rock/punk music they used to make when they are now in their 40s, clean & sober, and all grown up. They are different people today and the music reflects that. Frusciante is doing some of his best work, imo.

And I agree that U2 needn't follow anybody's example.

Great points :up:

you have to give them some credit for evolving their style, even if you don't like it. and are you sure you wouldn't get bored if they put out 5 'blood sugar sex magik's?

Pussy music?? Yanni is pussy music. Californication and By the Way are them evolving and maturing gracefully. I'd rather hear them do these songs in 10 years than Party on Your Pussy.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Californication = :up:
By The Way = :up:

Up = :down:
Reveal = :down:

nuff said.
I have no idea what REM has to do with this thread,
I disagree so vehemently though that I'm about to throw a violent fit

Salome said:

you know what? my mistake. i have no idea why i put that. sorry everyone.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Pussy music?? Yanni is pussy music. Californication and By the Way are them evolving and maturing gracefully. I'd rather hear them do these songs in 10 years than Party on Your Pussy.

exactly!

and they STILL rock out like nobody's business live

Salome said:

this I have to see

will there be pictures? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom