U2 on Morrissey/Smiths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono: The Gang of Four are re-forming! But there is that 20-year leapfrog. Look at 1976 and punk -- 20 years before that it was Buddy Holly who was an influence on how the Clash sounded. Pop has eaten itself -- it's just that some people have been on strange diets.

:| No Bono, it is 9 years :sad: He missed the cd shrinkwrapped.

:wink:

Maybe there's too many songs on the one album. This is what vinyl did, it forced you into exactly the right length for a listening experience. But CDs...15 tracks shouldn't be allowed. People should be spanked for that. You've no time to listen to it, you lose the beginning, middle and end of an album. It's why people download.

I thought this was interesting. I disagree with it, as a great album can't be too long for me, but it is interesting. Maybe he's right as far as what will sell, but on a purely artistic side, I've heard some great very long albums. Maybe he just has a really short attention span. :shrug:

Huh? The R.E.M. part confuses me. There are 13 tracks on their new album, not 15, and the album is only a few minutes longer overall than HtDaAB...

Yeah, I'd probably refrain from saying outright, "It all went wrong when the drummer left and took the talent with him. They should hang it up already," if I were chummy with Stipey.

Back
Top Bottom