U2 Live at the Wireless - JJJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
For those in a position to access Australia's Triple J youth music network, they will be broadcasting one of U2's 2001 Boston concerts from the Elevation tour this Monday night. It will be at 9pm (eastern time).

So there ya go.

thanks Kieran, I would have missed it otherwise. Fellini, Mercury AND U2...what a week!!

Originally posted by cass:
thanks Kieran, I would have missed it otherwise. Fellini, Mercury AND U2...what a week!!

Me too. Just tuned into JJJ a few minutes ago and caught the promo by blind luck.

howdy, it's rare we are on line at the same time. Thought you may be in the chat room. You like Blur eh? wooooooooooohooooooooooo

PS : what's with this "youth" bit. us oldies listen to JJJ too. I have been voting like made in the Hottest 100( welcome to Jamaica, have a nice day, can't wait) I was wondering why you have to tell them your age. All voters over 25 straight into the circular file?I hope not.

PS : what's with this "youth" bit. us oldies listen to JJJ too. I have been voting like made in the Hottest 100( welcome to Jamaica, have a nice day, can't wait) I was wondering why you have to tell them your age. All voters over 25 straight into the circular file?I hope not.

As for why you have to tell them your age, I really wouldn't know. Most of JJJ's on-air personalities are over 30 anyway, so they're in no position to be ageist. As for calling it a 'youth' station, I mean no offence to anyone, it just helps pin down the radio station for those who may not be familiar with it. (eg. as in middle-of-the-road rock station MMM).

I know what ya meant young fella, thus the wink. This oldie just learnt you have to leave this forum come back in to read the next instalment(I think) tricky

I know what ya meant young fella, thus the wink. This oldie just learnt you have to leave this forum come back in to read the next instalment(I think) tricky

Of course, missed the wink. Re. your second comment, sorry to seem stupid, but what do you mean? I actually have no idea what that last sentence means...

Sorry kieran, I shoulda known better. But I am pleased that U2 are on the radio soon, at least I hope they are..... better go do battle with the wrapper on the cassette
biggrin.gif

PS: I wish to add Imran Khan to that list. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Sorry kieran, I shoulda known better. But I am pleased that U2 are on the radio soon, at least I hope they are..... better go do battle with the wrapper on the cassette
biggrin.gif

PS: I wish to add Imran Khan to that list. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Yeah, and pray the radio reception doesn't drop out halfway through or something. There's always the Sunday repeat if worst comes to worst.

Imran Khan. That's quite a list you've got there.

oh.... and Peter Sellers
God bless the ABC imho
and SBS..... the TV station, not the song.

oh.... and Peter Sellers
God bless the ABC imho
and SBS..... the TV station, not the song.

Were it not for SBS, I would throw my TV out the window. Or shoot it, a la fat Elvis (no I don't have a gun).

well knock me down with a feather... my kids are watching the AMAward thang on TV. My ears pricked up just then when I heard U2 mentioned. LMAO... they won the internet fans choice category.

Poprock?hmmmmmmmmm N'who? how'd that happen?LMAO "quit booing , U2 got eight Grammies" U2 are everywhere tonight.....cool.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 01-14-2002).]

That awards show was SO damn infuriating
Waaup y'all take off those dman glasses you fliphead PDiddy Daddy Puff Sean dork combs bleephead!!!!!

All that you break..Boston is ending now
frown.gif

Leave it behind....
Youve got to leave it behind
Leave it behind

Thankyou..to the popmart crew..,ooh no wrong show..hehe
Massachusetts...
Halelujah
Haleluuuooooeeejaaaaahhhh

Am I missing something, or was that an awfully short concert? Under an hour? Surely they must have edited some material out, but if so I could not detect it.

Bloody terrific concert, though.

Originally posted by brettig:
elevation, bd, new york, iwf, desire, bad, streets, wowy, and walk on.

9 songs

mad.gif

Triple J obviously couldn't delay the start of their bloody Groove Train just this once. Either these are all the songs they had the rights to play (which makes no sense), or they're playing us for silly buggers.

I don't like to be a whinger, but that's a pretty cheap way to hook in listeners. If you're planning on playing half a concert, fucking say so.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
yes it sucked
i taped it and its practically half over when it starts
bizarre

The thing that got me was there was no obvious editing. The crowd sounded pretty consistent, though 10-12 songs MUST have been cropped. Oh well, I'll rerecord on Sunday nite to fill up side two of my 90-minute tape. Was kinda hoping to hear Bono's 'RockNroll ******' rap...

**cass checks Kieran's original post**
oic 9pm. Everything interesting on TV lately has been kicking off at 9.30, I kinda got into a groove(or is that a rut?)Thank goodness for Sunday.
I'm pretty used to be thankful for small mercies, so I was stoked, but a few more songs would have been very very very very very very very very(u get the picture) nice indeed!
During WOWY, the word that came to mind was "LMJthundermachine" geez I love Larry's drumming.And then the image of power layered with fragility, that juxtaposition, the thing about U2 I have always loved.

I'm been so tempted by musical events,the Byron Blues Festival line up is getting better and better for this Easter. But I have to save my pennies for U2, I only get one shot at this.(we have to go halves in a boundary fence and the contractor and his machinery have been up there for days already...i just feel my "mum has to see U2 fund" shrinking by the hour)
Do you think they will actually come here? In 2002? And any guess at ticket price? It was $110 last time( but gosh a friend just paid $150 to see Rod"pooped 'em" Stewart)so U2 have to be worth twice that imho.

**cass checks Kieran's original post**
oic 9pm. Everything interesting on TV lately has been kicking off at 9.30, I kinda got into a groove(or is that a rut?)Thank goodness for Sunday.
I'm pretty used to be thankful for small mercies, so I was stoked, but a few more songs would have been very very very very very very very very(u get the picture) nice indeed!
During WOWY, the word that came to mind was "LMJthundermachine" geez I love Larry's drumming.And then the image of power layered with fragility, that juxtaposition, the thing about U2 I have always loved.

I'm been so tempted by musical events,the Byron Blues Festival line up is getting better and better for this Easter. But I have to save my pennies for U2, I only get one shot at this.(we have to go halves in a boundary fence and the contractor and his machinery have been up there for days already...i just feel my "mum has to see U2 fund" shrinking by the hour)
Do you think they will actually come here? In 2002? And any guess at ticket price? It was $110 last time( but gosh a friend just paid $150 to see Rod"pooped 'em" Stewart)so U2 have to be worth twice that imho.

Yeah, it was better than nothing, and honestly the concert (what we get of it) is excellent. WOWY worked with a very tightly reined-in kind of power. And Walk On just blew the roof off. Really, until now that song struck me as a bit ordinary (and on record, it is).

Will they come to Australia? God, I hope so. But I doubt it. Not this year. Maybe next year. However, if they begin their next tour in the US all over again, then I will be shooting green bile in all directions (fingers crossed for Australia 2003 maybe). Know what you mean about money, I probably won't be able to afford it if decent tickets are over $100. If they're over $200 (AUST) then, forget it.

Back
Top Bottom