U2 Live at the Wireless - JJJ - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2002, 06:52 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Am I missing something, or was that an awfully short concert? Under an hour? Surely they must have edited some material out, but if so I could not detect it.

Bloody terrific concert, though.

Old 01-14-2002, 06:58 AM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:09 PM
elevation, bd, new york, iwf, desire, bad, streets, wowy, and walk on.

9 songs

Old 01-14-2002, 07:38 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by brettig:
elevation, bd, new york, iwf, desire, bad, streets, wowy, and walk on.

9 songs

Triple J obviously couldn't delay the start of their bloody Groove Train just this once. Either these are all the songs they had the rights to play (which makes no sense), or they're playing us for silly buggers.

I don't like to be a whinger, but that's a pretty cheap way to hook in listeners. If you're planning on playing half a concert, fucking say so.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:45 AM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Indeed.

Old 01-14-2002, 07:53 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

yes it sucked
i taped it and its practically half over when it starts
bizarre
Old 01-14-2002, 08:00 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda:
yes it sucked
i taped it and its practically half over when it starts
bizarre
The thing that got me was there was no obvious editing. The crowd sounded pretty consistent, though 10-12 songs MUST have been cropped. Oh well, I'll rerecord on Sunday nite to fill up side two of my 90-minute tape. Was kinda hoping to hear Bono's 'RockNroll nigger' rap...
Old 01-14-2002, 02:11 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

**cass checks Kieran's original post**
oic 9pm. Everything interesting on TV lately has been kicking off at 9.30, I kinda got into a groove(or is that a rut?)Thank goodness for Sunday.
I'm pretty used to be thankful for small mercies, so I was stoked, but a few more songs would have been very very very very very very very very(u get the picture) nice indeed!
During WOWY, the word that came to mind was "LMJthundermachine" geez I love Larry's drumming.And then the image of power layered with fragility, that juxtaposition, the thing about U2 I have always loved.

I'm been so tempted by musical events,the Byron Blues Festival line up is getting better and better for this Easter. But I have to save my pennies for U2, I only get one shot at this.(we have to go halves in a boundary fence and the contractor and his machinery have been up there for days already...i just feel my "mum has to see U2 fund" shrinking by the hour)
Do you think they will actually come here? In 2002? And any guess at ticket price? It was $110 last time( but gosh a friend just paid $150 to see Rod"pooped 'em" Stewart)so U2 have to be worth twice that imho.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:37 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by cass:
**cass checks Kieran's original post**
oic 9pm. Everything interesting on TV lately has been kicking off at 9.30, I kinda got into a groove(or is that a rut?)Thank goodness for Sunday.
I'm pretty used to be thankful for small mercies, so I was stoked, but a few more songs would have been very very very very very very very very(u get the picture) nice indeed!
During WOWY, the word that came to mind was "LMJthundermachine" geez I love Larry's drumming.And then the image of power layered with fragility, that juxtaposition, the thing about U2 I have always loved.

I'm been so tempted by musical events,the Byron Blues Festival line up is getting better and better for this Easter. But I have to save my pennies for U2, I only get one shot at this.(we have to go halves in a boundary fence and the contractor and his machinery have been up there for days already...i just feel my "mum has to see U2 fund" shrinking by the hour)
Do you think they will actually come here? In 2002? And any guess at ticket price? It was $110 last time( but gosh a friend just paid $150 to see Rod"pooped 'em" Stewart)so U2 have to be worth twice that imho.
Yeah, it was better than nothing, and honestly the concert (what we get of it) is excellent. WOWY worked with a very tightly reined-in kind of power. And Walk On just blew the roof off. Really, until now that song struck me as a bit ordinary (and on record, it is).

Will they come to Australia? God, I hope so. But I doubt it. Not this year. Maybe next year. However, if they begin their next tour in the US all over again, then I will be shooting green bile in all directions (fingers crossed for Australia 2003 maybe). Know what you mean about money, I probably won't be able to afford it if decent tickets are over $100. If they're over $200 (AUST) then, forget it.