U2 iPod or iPod mini? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2005, 03:00 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

I like listening to mp3s

but i enjoy fm radio, too

if you have an ipod and want radio you can get a radio FM add-on thingy for an ipod called an itrip.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:40 PM   #17
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ewen
if you have an ipod and want radio you can get a radio FM add-on thingy for an ipod called an itrip.
this thing is great, but i gotta be honest. you have to get it just right or you don't get any sound. you can tell you've got it in tune because there's a blue light on the itrip that lights up when it's transmitting. you select the frequency (you can pick anything out of the whole spectrum) and just tune it in. it isn't full of static or anything.

as for recommendations, just get a regular ipod. the U2 one is too expensive, and the mini is as well, when a bigger size can be had for not much more money.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowKite
I am the proud owner of a U2 iPod. I love love love it. I was wanting an iPod for awhile and was vacillating between sizes - but when I heard about the plans for the U2 iPod I waited and got that.

I am only up to 2815 tracks but with all the enhancements possbile [photos, voice recordings]

Photos? You mean that the U2 iPod can store photos? Because I was debating between getting the U2 iPod or the iPod photo?

So if the U2 iPod can store photos then I guess it is decided. So, can the U2 iPod store photos?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Re: U2 iPod or iPod mini?

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Get an iPod Photo, at this rate. A 30 GB iPod Photo costs $349.00--the same price as a 20 GB U2 iPod. You'll at least get a color screen and photo capabilities with the iPod Photo and it's 10 GB larger!

Melon

Smart advice, as always. I have a slight dilemma with these two. I like the iPod photo and its specs BUT I only wish it looked like the U2 iPod because the white color on iPods is getting kind of old and dated whereas the U2 colors look a lot better.

I wonder if they'll release a U2 iPod Photo.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 03-31-2005, 11:05 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 04:40 PM
I have the now-no-longer-offered 40G iPod (after finally realizing the U2 one is purely a novelty)... I got it for a great deal, and will have infinite amounts of storage space (despite the 12G I have on the thing)...

The iPod mini is good only if your music collection is small -- the price (only about 50 bucks cheaper) makes it uneconomical (IMO). Otherwise I'd go for the 20G.

My dad has a 40G MP3 player - but it's not an iPod and it was MUCH cheaper than mine was... But, it's heavier and bulkier than mine (and not as good-looking).

I guess you really just have to look at how much music you have and will put on the thing, and perhaps then research out which one is best for you.

However, I absolutely love my iPod (and not because they're wildly popular right now) -- it's REALLY easy to use, its fun, the design is great...
Old 03-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Another question, I have a lot of mp3's already in my computer. I understand that iPod uses the AAC files, will I be able to store all of those mp3's straight to the iPod or will I have to rip my CD's again?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #22
Refugee

I own the U2 Ipod, and I love it...best purchase I've ever made. I know how it compares both price-wise, and size-wise, with the other Ipods, and I chose the U2 one, and I wasn't disappointed s will transfer directly into itunes. WMA files will, as well (takes a little longer). I already have both of the San Diego shows on my computer, and I bypassed the whole CD-burning thing altogther. 20 GB is plenty of room for a considerably large CD collection...
Old 04-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #23
Refugee

As others have said, it just depends on how many songs you want to put on there. I have the U2 iPod (though the regular 20GB would work just as well) and am up to 3500 songs. The Mini would just be unacceptable for me. Yes, it is a little larger than the mini but still small. I just hold it in my hand while running and it works beautifully. And shuffling songs while at work is just . So many random songs. My own personal radio station.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Another question, I have a lot of mp3's already in my computer. I understand that iPod uses the AAC files, will I be able to store all of those mp3's straight to the iPod or will I have to rip my CD's again?
All of my music is in mp3 format, and I have had no problem putting it on my iPod -- no "this file type doesn't work" type crap.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 12:40 PM
i have a mini which i love but if my parents hadn't bought me this one last christmas i probably would have bought a u2 one.

my roomie has one and loves it.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I want an iPod so bad, I'm going to ask for the iPod photo for my birthday.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #27
Refugee

as soon as my taxes come in , I'm getting one. It's the only time of year I can justify a little splurge lately. I'll likely get the U2 one. For the sake of 50 dollars, why not. White gets dirty really fast...
Old 04-09-2005, 03:42 AM   #28
The Fly

Local Time: 12:40 AM
I wonder how long the U2 iPod will stay in the market. I'm thinking of getting it but i don't have enough money, and it may take a few months to a year( ) before i can get it. Thing is, i'm just worried that by the time i go " Oh yeah! Enough money for a U2 iPod!", it won't be there anymore.

Anyone?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #29
Banned

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Ipod mini
Old 04-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

futureshop.ca is presently selling a 512mb muvo player for $109 cdn. only drawback i can see is the lack of a display screen.