U2 ipod accessories & advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stammer476

Refugee
So I got the new U2 ipod last week (my wife is the best!), and I was wondering two things:

1.) What accessories are available that are specifically designed for the U2 ipod (black & red). Links would be helpful.

2.) Any advice from ipod owners. What is something you wish you would have done differently when you first got your ipod?

Many thanks!!

They made a black iTrip. I :heart: it.

Incase made a black leather case with red suede lining. I :heart: it also.

Altec Lansing has black inMotion speakers...but I just opted for the regular JBL On Stage speakers. I :heart: them as well! :D

As for advice...don't wait on getting a good case. You will be sorry. Also, get a car charger if you get an iTrip. They say that the iTrip uses little battery life, but it's a lie, I tell you! A lie! I haven't seen any black chargers, so I just got a white one (that isn't a really big deal, I don't think).

Yeah, i saw the black itrip. Looks pretty cool. I'm probably going to get one soon.

I'll look for that case, too. Thanks!

If you haven't already, get a case/protective covering for it. The back of the U2 iPods scratch easily. I have had mine in a protective cover since the moment it came out of the package and I have not had a scratch on it.

Personally I use the iSkin in the "transparent" color. While not totally clear, you can see the black/red color scheme.

http://www.iskin.com/evo2.html

I'm having a mad love affair with my iPod. It has to be the coolest thing I've ever owned. No more carrying a million CD's anywhere! :drool: I have the iTrip, which means my iPod goes to work with me every day :drool: I agree with BC about the iTrip using little battery power. I was told the same thing and it's not true at all! I also have the black and red case.

Next on my iPod accessory wish list is a charger for my car and maybe some better speakers for at home.

I don't wish I would have done anything differently other than maybe buying mine 3 weeks later because the new color screen thing came out right after I bought mine :( But I love having an iPod and can't imagine going to work each day with a bag of CD's or going on a trip with tons of batteries on top of all of the CD's. Money well spent! :up:

For those of you with the iTrip, do you like it? I talked with someone yesterday who lives near me, and he said that it doesn't work well in a place like Detroit with so many radio stations. He eventually returned his and bought a different kind that had to be installed. Any thoughts?

I :heart: my ipod! It's probably my favorite possession period :reject:

I do need that case JessicaAnn mentioned :up:

The itrip doesn't work at all for me! It's mostly static. I thought it might be because of my location in so.cal with so many radio stations but I tried it driving across the country this summer and was never happy with the reception. :shrug:

Do you know what kind your friend ended up getting?

I wonder if I can still return mine...

He didn't give me the specifics. I know that it had to be professionaly installed and cost around $70, with installation. I'll ask him today and see if i can get the details.

stammer476 said:
For those of you with the iTrip, do you like it? I talked with someone yesterday who lives near me, and he said that it doesn't work well in a place like Detroit with so many radio stations. He eventually returned his and bought a different kind that had to be installed. Any thoughts?

I have had more problems with mine now that I live closer to Detroit and Ann Arbor. I often don't even bother with it for short little trips around town and to and from work anymore. I had almost no problems up in Saginaw and further north. Dad and I made a trip from Saginaw and all the way across the U.P. to Wisconsin and never had a problem. The same station was fine the whole way. Location really does make a huge difference.

....ok, now that you have the iPod, tell your wife that you NEED this for Xmas.

sd_large.jpg

:D

Bonochick said:
They made a black iTrip. I :heart: it.

Also, get a car charger if you get an iTrip. They say that the iTrip uses little battery life, but it's a lie, I tell you! A lie! I

Agreed. ;)

I :heart: my ipod. :) It's got some scratches though and I really wish I'd gotten a case... *goes to buy one*

The lesson, as always, is that I'm an idiot.

So I've been trying to decide on whether to get an iTrip or a professionally installed converter to play my new iPod in the car. Then it hit me last night ... my stereo also has a tape deck. Couldn't I just plug an old cassette tape adapter for a Discman into my iPod?

I tried it this morning. It works perfectly.

:reject:

BTW, Bonochick, I bought the Incase folio that you recommended from the Apple store in Novi last night. It's fabulous. :drool:

stammer476 said:
The lesson, as always, is that I'm an idiot.

So I've been trying to decide on whether to get an iTrip or a professionally installed converter to play my new iPod in the car. Then it hit me last night ... my stereo also has a tape deck. Couldn't I just plug an old cassette tape adapter for a Discman into my iPod?

I tried it this morning. It works perfectly.

:reject:

BTW, Bonochick, I bought the Incase folio that you recommended from the Apple store in Novi last night. It's fabulous. :drool:

That never occured to me! Thanks for the suggestion :hyper:

<goes digging through boxes for her old discman adapter

redkat said:
The itrip doesn't work at all for me! It's mostly static.

yeah me too!
I was really pissed off at the result because they wouldn't let me return it. :shrug: for some reason my itrip and my ipod don't work together in the car so I just use it at home for my stereos and stuff.

stammer476 said:
Couldn't I just plug an old cassette tape adapter for a Discman into my iPod?

that's what I use in the car, and I find it to be WAY better than the itrip :happy:

SteveDizzle said:
I think all the accesories are the same for all ipods

Some accessories that were normally white were made in black to match the U2 iPod. Same accessories, different color. And there was also the above-mentioned black and red case. Though it could be used for a regular iPod, it was designed with the U2 iPod in mind.

RedrocksU2 said:

sd_large.jpg

I'm getting that in October. :evil: muahahahahaha... I'd like to hear people's reviews here. How's the bass on this baby?

Oh and the whole tape deck adapter thing works perfectly. That's what I use. :up:

stammer476 said:
Couldn't I just plug an old cassette tape adapter for a Discman into my iPod?

that's what i do when my ipod goes in the car.

RedrocksU2 said:

sd_large.jpg

oh my. that thing looks beautiful. it certainly puts to shame the half-broken computer speaker set that i use at work.

oh, and the main point behind me reading this thread - will someone tell me exactly, in plain english, what the hell an itrip is? or send me to a link? i'm technologically retarded. i swore against getting an ipod for several months because i was sure i'd never be able to figure out how to use it. glad i saw the error in my ways since the thing is my best friend.

IWasBored said:
oh, and the main point behind me reading this thread - will someone tell me exactly, in plain english, what the hell an itrip is? or send me to a link? i'm technologically retarded. i swore against getting an ipod for several months because i was sure i'd never be able to figure out how to use it. glad i saw the error in my ways since the thing is my best friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itrip :kiss:

Dreadsox said:
ta866lla_125.jpg

I like this one.....works great in my office!

I use mine in my office too. It's especially nice when someone turns on the crappy music out in the hall...just shut my office door and turn up the good stuff. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom