u2 cover bands are lame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easy... easy... everyone.

We all have opinions. We don't need to insult each other because of it. This is not a personal thread, it is simply for discussion on U2 cover bands. Not an opportunity to make jabs at each other.

Hewson said:
What about symphony orchestras who perform the works of Beethoven, Mozart and the like?
Hewson-
I love how you occasionally throw up a brillant post:up:

diamond

*cough :shifty:

Inner Monolouge: Dare I say anything...?

I agree wholeheartedly. (((((((BEAR))))))))

I dont think its possible or cool even to make a living off imitating someone else. Fine, do a few cover songs. Thats respect. To think youre someone who already exists, Thats pathetic. Especially when you go around fooling innocent [and foolish] fans by doing things such as autographong and interviewing as someone else....:mad:

*End cough

they do interviews as if theyre in u2?! thats the worst thing ever!

composers doing mozart, the like are fine. why? cause he died hundreds of years ago. they also do not pretend to be like him. they do not dress as him, and they sure dont act like him in interviews.

u2 and all other tribute bands are lame ass.

"two thumbs down!"

Well until U2 asks them to 'shut it down'..
I dont think u should knock em..
Its not your place:)
I think theyre flattered actually(U2)..as long as the bands know their limitations and respect the artists ect:)

Peace
Out

DB9

I would go hear a U2 Tribute band if they were good. I think I would not bother to go hear a Creed tribute band. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

creed = pearl jam tribute band. :wink:

Actually, FWIW, when I saw Creed in a small club 7 years ago,
Scott Stapp, the lead singer, was wearing a Pearl Jam "Alive" t-shirt. :lol:

I honestly thought even before I looked at them (they were on the deck, and it was a nightclub, not even a proper concert) that they were a PJ tribute band. :lol:

Good thing you didn't buy the following:

e091572if16.jpg

trib01.jpg

LGVITA8526.jpg

I gie a big lame to U2 cover bands. Although I do enjoy the punk rock stylings of one cover band. Namely, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, who are a band that only plays punk covers of songs. But they are mainly show tunes, seventies balads, etc. And all the members are also members of other prominant punk groups (NOFX, etc.) SO yeah. Boo those cover groups. If you don't have anything original to say go spend some time getting experiences to write about.

theSoulfulMofo said:
i know someone who has this one. they told me it sucks.

i only own one tribute album. it's a punk/ska tribute album to duran duran, if that makes sense. they've got three tribute albums too, just like U2. i know there's another one that's all australian people, and kylie minogue did "girls on film."

also, on that punk/ska one, the abba tribute band bjorn again or whatever also covered "girls on film." :silent:

Is there a difference between a tribute band and a cover band?

This CD is actually pretty good. (If you like bluegrass music.)

B00005LZP8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lets not FORGET

U2 started out as a cover band..playing mostly other ppl's music.:)
Bono described it as "we were the world's worst cover-band and we finally decided to start making our own music"...

DB9:wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom