U2&Powderfinger.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TylerDurden

War Child
.....in October. 'Apparently'. 3 shows in Brissie. 3 shows in Melb. At least 3 in Sydney. Sweet. I think this story comes from the Powderfinger camp.

My Happiness and These Days are great songs! Powderfinger is a very cool band. That's great news for the Aussies.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

what the??!!!
now that would be amazing. I seem to recall, a long long loooooooong time ago, a few of us here had a "Give Us The Finger" campaign going, natty T shirts and all
smile.gif

Don't tell me they were listening ?**cass blushes**
October, the leaves are bright green...
Thanks for the glimmer of hope tyler. In the fullness of time....

confused.gif

Okay, so they are going to Australia then? When did this get announced?

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

that would be very cool
I hope it's true

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Well it comes from....
Rumours in the 'industry' here about U2 coming late this year and supported by Pfinger are all over the place again, a report on Triple J, which is where October and the 3 cities comes from, and a friend from Brisbane telling me that Powderfinger were in the news this week for something unrelated up there and were asked about their plans for the year, they said something about wanting to fast forward to October, something big planned blah blah. So thats 3 in a week. Plus the u2tours website has dates for them playing Sth America at the end of October, usually part of the same leg....

But thats all I got. If they are doing 3+ shows in each city I'd say it's indoor, which is good.

wowzers!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I'm kinda over Powderfinger, to be honest. U2 would be nice though.

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

Back
Top Bottom