U.S. Open Predictions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
I am just wondering if you all have any predictions about this year's upcoming U.S. Open tennis Championships??

Here are my picks:

Men:

Champion - Lleyton Hewitt
Darkhorse - Andy Roddick

Women - Serena Williams
Darkhorse - Jelena Dokic/Kim Clisjters

I think the eventual champion on both sides will come from among the top seeds. I'd love to hear some of your predictions. Let's see what you think.

Peace.

Whoa. I've just responded to three tennis threads....

Men: I think Hewitt, Roddick, and Safin are all big contenders. That is, if they can get their games togther. If Hewitt can be on top of his game. If Roddick can survive the mental toughness. If Safin can pull his head out of his arse.

Women: Much as I hate to say so, I think Serena or Venus will win. I don't see the same Williams sister winningtwo slams ina row though...maybe. I just feel that Henin, Clijsters, and Dokic all had a better shot on other surfaces. For some reason, I think this U.S. Open is going to be all about power (at least for the women).

I think Todd Martin will make a comeback and reach the semis.

Pat Rafter will end his retirement with a spectacular win against Greg Rusedski.

Karol Kucera and Magnus Norman will be the dark horses.

Fabrice Santoro will defeat Hewitt in the 2nd round, but will be beat by Jan-Michael Gambill.

Good ol' Wayne Ferriera will reach the quarters against Kafelnikov, and play a spectacular 5 set macth.

John MacEnroe will be speechless.

----
Hehehe. I feel like z_edge with this double identity.

I love tennis and I really do think that if Leyton is at the top of his game then I think he will win this one, but hey is Mark Phillippousis in this one too, I think that if he is he might be a bit of a dark horse- remember he got to the final once before so he is capable and the women, well who knows what will happen, lately I have found the women's tennis so boring and thus dont even watch it, but no doubt one of the Williams' sisters will win:)

Back
Top Bottom