Tyra goes fat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
Tyra Banks has gone undercover as a 350-pound woman.

Banks wore the fat suit to experience what it's like to be obese.

"It seemed like the last form of open discrimination that's OK, and I decided to put on a 350-pound suit myself and live that life for a day and see what happens," the 31-year-old former supermodel told AP Radio in a recent interview. "And it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life."

ADVERTISEMENT

Banks said she was shocked at the reaction.

"I started walking down the street and within 10 seconds, a trio of people looked at me, snickered, looked me right in my eye and started pointing and laughing in my face," the talk-show host said. "And I had no idea it was that blatant."

The segment will air Monday on "The Tyra Banks Show."

Banks, who had a sonogram on her show in September to prove that her breasts are real, is also planning a Nov. 18 segment on pursuing "a beautiful booty."

She will reveal her own "dimpled butt" and receive endermologie treatment on the set.

I :heart: shallow people.

Tyra_2005-09-28.JPG

I'd like to see footage of the people laughing and pointing in her face. There are obsese people everywhere, and I've never seen people do that to someone walking down the street. Not to say that it never happens and it didn't happen to her, but I have to wonder if she's upping the melodrama to make us sympathize with her little experiment.

I do not see that all the time either. I have seen it once before on a flight. It was one very rude man, he said to an overweight woman
" there is no way all that is going to fit in here".
The man next to me started laughing out loud.

I was horrified for the woman :(

The lady just continued down the aisle with her head down.

That was the worst I have ever see/heard. That man was truly ignorrant.

:tsk:

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:
I'd like to see footage of the people laughing and pointing in her face. There are obsese people everywhere, and I've never seen people do that to someone walking down the street. Not to say that it never happens and it didn't happen to her, but I have to wonder if she's upping the melodrama to make us sympathize with her little experiment.

I've seen it happen - not often but I've seen it. The first time was many years ago at university. A tall skinny ugly student asked an obese student if the fridge was her best friend. I thought who the hell are you???? I don't see it too much nowadays but then again only those who are that size would know. The average person like you or me arent' going to notice that sort of thing.

My mom was once insulted at Disneyland. Some guy wanted to get past us to his group ahead in line, and he said "I'm trying, but I can't get by this fat ass." :mad:

I think what you notice depends on who you are and what you are sensitive to.

If you're black you notice slurs against blacks much more than if you're not, if you're gay you notice slurs against gays much more tyan if you're not, if your obese you notice slurs against obese people much more than if you're not, etc.

Back
Top Bottom