Type of music you would consider torture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like old SKA, like the ethiopians, desmond, toots, the whalers, then going up to 70's, the specials, the selecter, madness, but New ska, blah! all these kazoo's and horrible lyrics, makes me wanna puke

AtomicBono said:
R&B, Country, Christian, Emo, death/speed metal, shitty pop from any era.

There are exceptions to every rule, of course. I'm not too keen on rap in general but I've kinda become immune to it and there is some I definitely like or even love (Outkast :drool: ).

Some bands I'd rather put my head in a blender that listen to:
Creed
Hoobastank ("The Reason" has got to be the worst song ever made)
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, ect.
Slipknot, Insane Clown Posse, ect.
Dave Matthews Band (most overrated band ever)
Macy Gray (probably the worst sounds I've heard in my life)

Mr. MIKEphisto, it's funny you said everything but Dream On for Aerosmith, because that's the only song I really love of theirs too, though Walk This Way is pretty good. Everything else I've heard is pretty bad.

the rest of Aerosmith? It is all terrible.. and only got worse over time! Your list is really similar to mine, and you even remembered the band that sings that stupid lifestyles of the rich and the famous pile of crap! Only one I am 50/50 on is DMB.. loveeee #41, and some of their older stuff. Can't listen to much new stuff though.

I dig Outkast too...

Originally posted by kakvox
limp bizkit
creed
linkin park
nickelback

yeah, bands like those

Those bands are different. Creed is hard religious inspired rock. Nickelback is straight classic rock style pop that all sounds alike. Linkin Park are suckass rock rap that have some merit with their orchastrations and other musical samplings. Limp Biskit purely sucks and tuneless rock rap.

Hate all four if you want, but don't call them all 'bands like that' because they are not the same. (if they all suck, they suck in different ways!)

AtomicBono said:

poodle...rock...?

what's that :huh:

yeah, what is that? :ohmy:

btw, even though I mentioned SOAD before, the one song of theirs I don't mind all that much is Aerials. At least the guy is not yelling like a madman in that one.

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river, then we turn around and put up our walls."

AtomicBono said:

poodle...rock...?

what's that :huh:

For those not "fortunate" to live through the 80's and early 90's, any hard/soft/rock/metal/bleurgh/band that emerged from America that wore spandex, had huge hair and wore more makeup than their female groupies. And then all the shockers they've since "inspired" :barf:

From Whitesnake to Bon Jovi, you can all DIE!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

blueeyedgirl said:

For those not "fortunate" to live through the 80's and early 90's, any hard/soft/rock/metal/bleurgh/band that emerged from America that wore spandex, had huge hair and wore more makeup than their female groupies. And then all the shockers they've since "inspired" :barf:

From Whitesnake to Bon Jovi, you can all DIE!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

basically Spinal Tap then?

:wink:

So-called garage rock (Bands which claim to represent what rock and roll is all about, even though they really are just sell outs) - Eg. The Vines and Jet.

Pretentious Aussie singer/songwriters who only achieve fame as a result of their extreme upper class education - Eg. Missy Higgins

Mainstream Hip Hop

Anyone from those shite Idol shows, regardless of what country's idol "competition" it is.

Creed (Except for One Last Breath)

Fundamentalist Christian Artists.

Mainstream R & B

Back
Top Bottom