Two Towers stoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I'm dying of anticipation!!

I can't even put it into words...so I won't try

I'm just exited

It's supposed to be a real dark movie....sad and despairing
*drool*

this review has driven over the edge of human exitement

SPOILERS
Review

I want to see it!!!!!

Damn not having a car! Damn having to work all day! Damn theaters being in sketchy areas or too far for me to get to on time! Damn not having any friends! :scream:

just be thankful you don't live near me

I'm going OTT for this one...green velvet and crystals and a cape and stealing one of Legolas' hairdo's..( no way could I look like Galadriel!!) I hope at least a hobbit or a wizard turn up. Our theatre is so old-fashioned( I LOVE IT!!) I want to sit in the balcony so I can be like that woman in Mullholland Drive with the blue hair..SILENCIO!!(some ppl bring children that are a bit young imho , and they get scared. I had a toddler behind me at TFOTR saying" daddy I don't like it"..poor kid)

I watched the Fellowship DVD with my eldest son yesterday...I didn't really want to see too much about TTT, but I glimpsed some of the new characters/actors and saw Peter Jackson talking about his finding of the perfect location for Rohan and building the miniature set. I was so concerned when I heard they were making a new version of LOTR, but I am well pleased. I think Peter Jackson and Co. have done a grand job. I am looking forward to seeing Shadowfax. Watching Arwen outride the nazgul on her grey yesterday made me want a horse. Even if you don't particularly understand the story, you would have to admire the beauty of the movie...oh and to see Gandalf again!!!

stoked, excited? u bet your sweet bippy!!:happy:

PS: I met my son's friend yesterday..she has a nice name imho...cassie:hmm: :hug: Lord of the Rings and Tolkien are very significant to us...so it is a wonderful annual gift, just full of wonder, wonderful.
Do you have the computer game? My boys want it, but too pricey for me yet...a one day thing.

Cant wait, 10:30am Wednesday cant come quickly enough.

That sounds like a sight to behold cass :D get into the spirit of things :)

gah!! so excited!!!

i could have gone to this killer LOTR pre-party where they are going to watch the extended edition DVD of FOTR before heading out to the midnight showing of TTT...but I have to work the next day. *sigh* So, I will have to settle for Wednesday evening.

Can't wait to see more lucious Viggo!!!

33632%3A4723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3EWSNRCG%3D3232389%3A54549nu0mrj

yeah!! can't wait, too bad i'll be spending wednesday sleeping after my 3 am to 6 am radio shift...that and running around trying to think of what to play on friday...

*joins Sula in viggo-drooling session*

:drool: :drool: :drool:

sadly i wont be able to see it till Thursday :(

nobody wreck if for me pleeeeease????:scream:

no no no..it's all about sean bean :sexywink:

sad he won't be around any longer

now I guess Brad Dourif will have to carry the 'hawt; title :sexywink:

I am taking a halfday tomorrow I think so I can see it tonight at the midnight showing. I have never done that for a movie before but I am going to for this I think.

Basstrap said:
no no no..it's all about sean bean :sexywink:

sad he won't be around any longer

yes, it is sad. :(

3363369523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A249%3B953ot1lsi

btw, is it just me or is this photo of young Sean eerily similar to someone we all know and love??

3363369523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323933%3A%3B535nu0mrj

fffffreaky!

yes!!!

I'm going tonight as well!!

12:00am :drool:

it's just after 12pm now...that's....
*carry the one*
12 hours!!

i can't see it until this weekend because i HAVE to see it with my little brother because neither one of us know anyone who is as wacko about LOTR as we are. and i won't see him til this weekend.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

:crazy:

Aragorn was the first character to win my heart.I agree about Viggo

but by the end of the book my heart belonged to Samwise Gamgee, and there it shall remain...hairy feet and all.

So some of you guys have already seen it? Roll on Dec 26th
Now theres' something more realistic and achieveable...one day. Take the boys to New Zealand to see where it was filmed. I was cleaning out the loft yestreday and realised how dusty all their Warhammer landscapes have become( I should have wrapped it all in plastic) My eldest is quite a brilliant artist and he knows LOTR in such detail...a mum fantasy, that he could have worked with the LOTR set makers
Next time.:yes: :sexywink:
PS: we watched the Black Hawk Down video last night...they killed off Orlando too soon imho . His character Blackburn was only 18 and he said " I've been preparing for this all my life"!!!:sad:

btw.

I have been playing the PS2 game and it is BAD A$$!!!! EW is on the game talking about playing it and being involved and how they had the real char doing voice stuff and not just taking all the sound from the movie. New Line was actually in on the design and production and it is soooooooooo fsking cool.

well...I saw it last night...I tried to get online when I got home but I couldn't

and it's been nothing but a blizzard here since early yesterday...but we all still braved the elements to see the moooovie

The movie is really quite spectacular
Gollum couldn't be more real looking...and he is quite a pathetic wretch...I think PJ pulled of those scitzophrenic silloquays[sic] quite nicely!!

Gimli is hilarious in this movie! it doesn't scath either....it's genuinely funny...and a good relief from the overwhelming feeling of darkness and hopelessness all throughout the movie
Legolas is as cool as always!!

and aragorm is played to perfection!
All the acting is superb

BUT
if you are stalwards of the book and sticklers for keeping to the original....you will most likely be dissapointed. If you thought FOTR veered from the book...this one blows that away!! I can live with most of the changes, though. After watching all the documentaries on the FOTR extended cut I realize how hard it is to bring this book to screen and the necessity to change certain things to better build character

still...it was hard to shut off the side of my brain that kept saying..."where did this come from?"

The weakest point is Merry and Pippin. The ents are not pretty good....but you cut to those scenes and the movie seems to lose momentum......until, that is....treebeard lets out a vicious roar and they all march on Isengard!!! Wait till you see dozens of ents squashing orcs and ripping apart isengard...and flooding it!! that was one of the coolest things in the movie.

and then...of course....there is helms deep!!!! Which will have you gripping your seats until your hands become white. The bloody battle is LONG and quite well done. Watching as 10,000 orcs march on helms deep.....*drool*
There;s something in this scene which is totally different from the book....but it was a cool change, so I thnk I could live with it

Frodo is done beautifull....you begin to see his breakdown quite nicely, and there are heartbreaking moments!

So...the movie is well acted and is quite entralling!!! You will drool alot...
but is it too off from the book?
I need to see it again

Well I think basstraps review will have to tide me over. As to date I have not see it yet. My friend who I said I would see it with had to have a mandatory body fat taping (it's and air force thing) this morning and it would not have been wise for him to go so we are going at 8 tonight. We did watch the first half of the extended DVD last night and are going to watch the rest of it right before we go since the new one picks up where last one left off so we get the full affect. I hope this day does not drag ass but since I want it to pass quickly it most likely will go by at the a agonizingly slow pace. :sigh: oh well. 11 hours and 15 min to go. :sad: ........................:scream:

im going to see it today at the earliest possible time. im actually getting ready to go buy my tickets right now! i am so excited..good review bassy...im waiting...waiting...very impatiently....waiting...waiting...:scream: :hyper:

Saw it this morning, totally brilliant. would write a review but dont want to spoil it for others...

I thought the ents were pretty well done actually, couldve been a bit bigger mind...
Gollum was very well done as well, though looked much better in darker bits than in the full light of day, voice was totally perfect.

Helms Deep, wow :)

I have to say I thought it was better than FOTR, and I'm a big fan of the books. I still loved it, I really loved the sequence of events, the way he presented everything, filled in the gaps, just fantastic.

Right, wont say any more :D

Go see it if you havent yet...

I didn't mean to say the ents are "not" pretty good....slip on my part!!
they are done well
I still think that storyline could have been done a little better

I need to see this movie again

the KEY is to go into the theatre and completely forget about the book...think of it as a movie losely based on a true story!
otherwise I found myself a little distracted.

I know I should have been blown away...I loved it...a lot....but I wish I hadnt been in that booky frame of mind

just that I'm on my 5th reading now, so I know the book inside out and it's hard to shut that off

but be not discouraged...it will please, I think

Back
Top Bottom