Two Towers stoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, I thought the Ents would have been much worse really...

I actually really liked the way the story was handled really, especially "the pursuit" (so as not to give much away ;)) I was really impressed by that.

There were some gaps in the books that needed to be filled to transfer it to the big screen, it doesnt delve into the thoughts of each character so a certain degree of poetic license has to be used, and you can infer things more easily in books that you need to portray explicitly on film, or else everyone gets confused (ok for some films, not this one I think...)

I've read the books twice, most recently early this year, and already events are starting to fade. I think thats what makes LOTR so timeless really, that you can pick it up again a year or so after you last read it, and enjoy it all over again without remembering every little detail.

Still great film, have to say I thought it was better than FOTR. The problem most people have found is the sort of broken storyline, but really the nature of the book dictates this, that there are 3 sometimes 4 different threads running at once, I actually thought that was pretty well dealt with.

I just saw it, It rules. -spoiler blah blah blah- I was dissapointed that neither Shelob nor Gandalf's breaking of Sarumon was included but that will just make ROTK all that much better.

I saw the movie at 11AM , and as Gheto would say...it was badass! I loved how Frodo was slowly being taken over by the ring...Gollum/Smeagol was one ugly mofo and the character was perfect, and the battle scene...I couldnt get enough of it. Too many good things to say about the movie. It was great and I plan on seeing it again soon:yes:

i'm so sorry...i haven't read anyone's posts yet, i'm just too psyched...just returned. movie was so awesome.

there were sap parts, sure, but there were SWEEEEET parts!

I don't know when I will get to see it. :( Maybe Sunday...

Sean Bean :drool: I was so bummed when he died in the last movie. He's more droolious to me than Viggo. (Sorry all you Viggo girls) :slant:

BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS!

BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS! BADASS!

Um ok now that that is out of the way. I just caught up on the posts and LMFAO at icelle. She was so right. :lol: I have read the books and blah blah but I still LOVED the movie. The crowd was so digging it too. When the title came up and everyone cheered and when they first showed Viggo I swear ( I am being serious) you could hear allot of girls sighing and some going woohoo and then the crowd laughed at that and the guys cheered at Gimli just to be smart asses. I soooooo thought of someone here with a Viggo avatar (cough*sulawesigirl4*cough) :lol: I think that last sentence belongs in this thread. :lmao: Anyway. I loved it and am most likely going to go see it again, and I very very rarely do that. Oh and did I mention that Orlando has been raised on the "I want him to be my baby daddy" list. Good god that man is hot. I actually bought a YM magazine (and incase you don't know that is aimed at teens) because it was a double cover with him and EW on it. I saw Orlando and was like HELLO what's your name. Ok I need to calm down. It is getting a little hot in here.

hehe. sula, the resident Viggo-lover is present and accounted for. And OMV!!!! This movie rocked! It was full of Viggoness, Orlandoness (is that a word?), and some other new characters such as Faramir and whats-his-name Eowyn's brother who were also pretty damn tasty.

Ok, so much for the drooling. As for the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Much darker than the last one. More complex, I thought. It is wonderful to see the characters being developed. The interaction between Gimli and Legolas is priceless. ("You'll have to toss me...Don't tell the Elf!") :lol:

One of the friends I went with is a big LOTR book freak, so he was whining all the way home about all the horrible changes, but thankfully I haven't read the books for two years, so I didn't notice them so much.

Other notes....Gandalf kicks ass! Gollum was well-done, imho. And although it took me a few moments to get used to the Ents, I do like them. Battle at Helm's Deep.....wowzers.

:up:

I went to a midnight showing last night and all i can say is wow!

Its one of those movies that you build up in your mind for so long and keep building it up and then you go and see it and it actually lives up to the expectations!

I am a big fan of the books as well and the changes didnt bother me that much, although I dont really like where they left off, probably just wanted more....

And Smeagol has to be the best CGI character ever!!!!!

I want one of these posters!!!

aragorn_poster.jpg

btw, the movie is getting like a 98% fresh reading on the tomato meter at www.rottentomatoes.com :up:

ghetofabu said:
Oh and did I mention that Orlando has been raised on the "I want him to be my baby daddy" list. Good god that man is hot. I actually bought a YM magazine (and incase you don't know that is aimed at teens) because it was a double cover with him and EW on it. I saw Orlando and was like HELLO what's your name. Ok I need to calm down. It is getting a little hot in here.

SCHYEAH!!!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68752

wow...reading all these reviews makes me want to see it again.

kids, if you aint seen it, getcher butts out there and see it.

Miss joyfulgirl who was all grumpy over LOTR last year, but then was kinda sorta not quite but almost won over by the DVD, LOVED Two Towers. She was at the matinee (first showing) here. :silent:

We had audience participation. People cheering and clapping and shit.

miss sula is so very proud of miss joyfulgirl for rising above her pre-conceptions and going and enjoying this lovely movie. :D dance of joy!

to celebrate, I feel compelled to post a Viggo.

trailer_427.jpg

p.s. I am a dork and have already seen the movie 2 times and it has only been out 2 days. haha. Ali Rose and I went last night and had such fun swooning in tandem. ;)

*spoiler*

spoiler

I finally got the opportunity to watch it this evening and it seriously exceeded my expectations which after a year or so had been building incredibly high...and has left me a little suprised that it still managed to match what I was hoping for. I doubt anyone could fault the stunning special effects, atmospherics, and ethereal locations scattered throughout but what I took away most was the emotional connections, and down to earth relationships which kept the film's feet firmly on the ground keeping in line with the book. Elijah devloped Frodo's decline superbly..he really perfected the direction Frodo has taken since we saw him sitting in the fields of Hobbiton to how you see him now. I can't even progress without mentioning Gollum as soon as possible. I really was doubtful if a CGI character would be suitable to carry off the character whilst maintaining a sense of being physically alongside the two leading hobbits for the most part of the movie but they proved me wrong in the most spectacular way. Andy Serkis nailed every facial detail which pulled you in to Gollum's world during every close up. His schizophrenic fluctuations while Frodo and Sam slept was fantastic comedy..and equally disturbing. With comedy in mind I thought Gimli really moved himself into the forefront..with, like Basstrap mentioned some classic comedic lines which didn't feel contrived at all..really was welcome during some of the darker tones throughout the film..again..the relationship between Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli felt so natural after a years worth of watching Fellowship that you really felt that they had been through so much and every loss, in-joke, look was intensified. No more so than during the epic Helms Deep battle..as groundbreaking and spectacular as you could ever wish for..the sight of thousands upon thousands of Orcs scaling ladders..falling from the castle walls, collapsing either side of the bridge walkway towards the gates..was pure sensory overload, and soaked in the smallest of details which I'm sure will make every single viewing a different experience. Linked into that whole portion of the film is the collection of Ents which I thought were pulled off very well..the paper-film translation was always going to be tricky..probably will be a hit-miss affair..maybe a that line may develop for those who have yet to pick up the books..

My only problem with the film really was down to the editing, and duration limitations. ?owyn and Aragorns relationship alone didn't seem to extend beyond a few deep rooted looks, and the odd verbal exchange..maybe I was just expecting a deeper exploration of their connection..likewise, a few storyline switches seemed a little sudden..especially during the Helms Deep/Merry-Pippen-Ents tangents.. With the film duration limitations Peter Jackson had to work to its completely understandable..and I can't wait to see what the DVD release(s) will have in store :drool:

There is so much I could add but I don't want to retain too much.. so I can appreciate it more when I see it again this Sunday..I highly recommend :D

ghetofabu said:
When the title came up and everyone cheered and when they first showed Viggo I swear ( I am being serious) you could hear allot of girls sighing and some going woohoo I soooooo thought of someone here with a Viggo avatar (cough*sulawesigirl4*cough)

:laugh: *sula and I raise our hands* :laugh:

Oh and did I mention that Orlando has been raised on the "I want him to be my baby daddy" list. Good god that man is hot.

:yes: :hyper: :drool:

I need a boyfriend so i can stop all this drooling over celebrities nonsense. :banghead:

Wow. I've never read the books and in fact i didnt even see the FOTR till a few months ago but BLIMEY. I sort of betrayed a couple friends we were all gonna go see it on Saturday...i couldnt hold out and went to se it with Sula last night. and i am MEGA pumped to see it again on Saturday. :hyper:

I want to go read the books now.

this is indeed the best movie/movies I've ever seen.

sulawesigirl4 said:

p.s. I am a dork and have already seen the movie 2 times and it has only been out 2 days. haha.

*is also a dork who saw the movie 2 times:yes:

even in our little town, I took the precaution of reserving our tickets

4 days to go!!!!
I haven't been reading your reviews... it's a bit like waiting for ATYCLB..I want the virginal experience.( I did just glimpse someone's comment about Orlando, teehee, I agree!!)
I also just read a review in a Sunday paper here ( hmm maybe I shouldn't have got wire-framed glasses, they are hurting my ears."teething problems" I suppose)
ANY-WAY...
this bit is:drool: :drool: :drool:worthy imho
"......The TT is a film rich in other things as well: the horses look magnificent, and once again director Peter Jackson shuns the conventional approach to horses on screen and produces animals that seem to shine in their strength and nobility.":heart: :hug: Sonny one so true I:heart: you ( I still miss the old rogue)
"..This is exceptional film-making where everything( the detail and the overview) is close to perfection..."
!WOW! 3 more days till Christmas....4 more days till the story continues.....I'm excited.

Kirk, I'm not sure if you'll read this. I hope so. I saw in another thread you are going to "hibernate" for a while. Good idea, must be downright "artic" up there. thanks for the "A-Zband list " thread. That required a lot of compiling and was good fun.
Sincere best wishes for 2003. Stay 'into the music", stay warm and wonderful.:wave:

another little aside, my dog's vet is from Canada, lovely man. He is a successful competitive carriage driver. He has a magnificent pair of warm-bloods, one of them called Gandalf (he's getting old now, a bay, not a grey, as I might have expected.... also years ago my sister had a red-setter ago called frodo, her husband gave me my first copy od Lord of the Rings....so many people love Tolkien...I wish he had lived to know all this)

Cass..with Tolkien influenced characters in mind..I used to know of a white Labrador named Pippin..a Cocker named Frodo..likewise my older sister was given the nickname Baggins when she was much younger..Tolkien influence spread far and wide...hope you do keep your ears away from the ground..and you have a great time while it pulls you inside when you get to see it..

..and happy christmas..great new year wishes to you as well :)

Such a thrilling film needs mulitple screenings just to sink in!

I do have one question to pose to those that have seen the film and read the book..

Why do they make Faramir such an asshole!???

I dont remember him acting the way he did in the film in the book at all.........anyone agree???

GAAAAAH!!!! :drool: :love: *claws at screen*

I wanna see it again....and again....and again...

This will be 3 now....:reject:

how did i get so attached to this movie???

Lemon Meringue said:

Sean Bean :drool: I was so bummed when he died in the last movie. He's more droolious to me than Viggo. (Sorry all you Viggo girls) :slant:

:shifty:

I agree - much more droolious! :drool:

:shifty:

*prepares for onslaught from Viggo's personal army*

Did I mention that Orlando is hot as fresh biscuts out of the oven. I wanna put some honey butter on him and go to town.

Carry on.

ghetofabu said:
Did I mention that Orlando is hot as fresh biscuts out of the oven. I wanna put some honey butter on him and go to town.

Carry on.

:up:

Gheto, lets you and me make an orlando bloom sammich.

Sorry Kirk we've absolutely demolished your thread with our hormones. :angel:

Yippee!

I finally saw it today. Loved it. Gotta see it again in the theater...soon. Gimli the Dwarf cracks me up! :laugh:

Slight Spoilers

I *finally* saw it today and I actually stopped myself many times from reading this thread until I saw the movie. I was a teeny bit pissy about how much it varied from the book (like, if you didn't read the book, you wouldn't know anything about the connections between Ents and Elves), but after I got past that, I was able to appreciate the movie for itself.

Helm's Deep=amazing, Faramir=unnecessarily asshole-ish, Eowyn=wanted more, Aragorn=wanted WAY more, Gandalf's appearance to the three in the Fangorn Woods=maybe my favorite part.

Confidential to sula: did you bump *that thread* in PLEBA, or do I need to take care of it? And is the nude scene coming in RotK, do you think?

Back
Top Bottom