Two Towers DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I don't often fawn over things...so let me just this once
cos I love the lord of the Rings

please...get the dvd that's out now...watch the behind the scenes of the return of the king...I was nearly in tears

I am convinced that ROTK will be my favorite movie going experience ever...the clips in this dvd confirm that, i's amazing

and the preview of the extended TTT dvd due in november is almost just as good. I can't believe they cut some of these scenes from the movie! like Boromir scenes where he is in Gondor...

get it

Pre-ordered mine and have to go pick it up today. My mom is in town visiting her mom and dad and she is going to come over tomorrow evening and we are going to watch it, order pizza, and do girly things. woot.

The Return of the King trailer/short was very cool. The extended edition did look pretty fancy too.

I think I'll have to wait for the extended version. I bought the Fellowship of the Ring dvd right away not knowing that and extended version would be coming out. I wish I would have waited for that. I'm too cheap to buy both. :yell:

Last edited:
I think I'm going to hold out for the extended version too. Although that won't stop me from renting the theatrical version when it's available. I wonder if they will have all the extras on that version? Maybe I should convince someone else to buy it now and then just borrow it. I'll have to ponder this one...

Did anybody else hear the rumors about New Line releasing the extended versions of FOTR and TTT in theaters before ROTK comes out? I wonder if they'll do it everywhere or just the major cities?

I miss Boromir.
(Actually I miss seeing Sean Bean portray Boromir but that's a whole other subject :sexywink: )

Lemon Meringue said:
I think I'll have to wait for the extended version. I bought the Fellowship of the Ring dvd right away not knowing that and extended version would be coming out. I wish I would have waited for that. I'm too cheap to buy both. :yell:

Same here. My friend has the extended version of the Fellowship and I borrowed his and felt cheated after I watched it a few times :( I may buy the extended version of the Fellowship if I can find someone that will buy the dvd I have now. I'm going to rent the Two Towers, even though I saw it 5 times in the theater, to get my fix. I'll wait for the extended version this time around before I buy anything.

I have to buy both
the special features on this one will not be on the extended

and I'm a nerd and I needs it all

I don't have a DVD player yet (well, on the computer, but watching DVD's on that one is not great at all). In 2 months I will have moved to a new house, so hopefully some money is left for a DVD player (and a TV, but most importantly a new computer and a good stereo). I'll be looking forward to the extended editions of FOTR and TTT and all the extra's that go with it. :hyper:

C ya!

Marty

heres the feckin thing.........Im actually wanting to see LOTR 2 again but like just the once Im not excited about LOTR anymore!

Will be then ROTK comes out, everyone will be and then after its away the excitement will die down and

I definately am blarging over LOTR now...

I hink Ive outgrown it or something or Im bored of it.

I think thr problem for you is lack of angelina jolie

OMG we got the DVD for like 12 quid due to special offer...............well its about 6 quid cheaper! And last night just HAD to sneaky a view at a few scenes just before we watch the whole film again!

And naturally I had to go straight to the Arwen scene, where her father tells her and shes standing over a dead Aragorn.....oh my my, that scene always brings a lump to my throat! Its so beautifully done.....what from the moment it flashes to her standing over him to all those years later she still does, and it was just perfectly done - I think PJ did the right thing - in directing that Liv bows her head as the camera pulls back more..........when shes wearing the black veil...........its just so beautiful!
and the music played in the background makes you feel the sadness. Esp as we see her walk through the trees (Im SO glad Liv was chosen for this part! :D)

that and the beginning of the end credits with Gollum's song...I swear that girl sounds so like Bjork, I was very surprised it wasnt!

So it put me in the immediate mood to go buy the CD that I always had trouble with before due to not knowing which cover to have.........in the end after spending what felt like an eternity choosing between Aragorn, Arwen and the 'standard' I chose the Arwen, because of the colours in it, (I like the blue), and yet I was annoyed cause I also wanted the standard, but got the surprise of me life when I opened it knowing it was a card like the first ones had, to find the standard one tucked in behind it! LOL! So now I have both! :applaud: - and I cant believe i waited this long to buy the CD, but it never really was around ?12, until thanks to WH Smith!!!!!!! Also bought Blue Crush and together got a fiver knocked off for both! :D

So now Im happy................:hug: Arwen.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

ti-hua said:

Did anybody else hear the rumors about New Line releasing the extended versions of FOTR and TTT in theaters before ROTK comes out? I wonder if they'll do it everywhere or just the major cities?

I've heard those rumors also, mostly on another movie message board. i believe it will happen, and i'll be there:yes:

I've heard the rumors as well, and I will definitely be seeing them if it's true.

My favorite quote about ROTK (from the TT dvd): "It's better than one and two combined."

:hyper:

I took a VHS copy out of the library and finished watching it about an hour ago. It was wonderful. But I want to see all the extra features as well, so I'll take that out at the library when it's available.
I'm definitely buying the Extended Edition DVD; I want ALL the extra goodies!!!

My extended version set is ordered, so I'm waiting on November. But I want to see those trailers badly... I may rent it just for that. More Boromir? Happy day!

:angry: hey icelle, check this out.

i was watching this DVD last night. there is a mistake in this movie. in the scene where merry and pimpin are being held captive by the orcs, when they are all being slaughtered. watch when aragorn is tracking the hobbitses...when the horse is about to come down on pippin, his hands are not bound. seconds later, they are. ever notice this? i'll bet you didn't.

very good observation!

that's what they get for filming one scene in a remote outdoors location and then the next half way across new zealand! it must be hard sometimes trying to keep little details consistant. But they've done a great job

i swear to Aragorn im gonna rent this tonight and see for myself:angry:

Back
Top Bottom