Two nights in Rochester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
That's what I've got. Two nights in Rochester, NY, on a business trip, September 24-25. Tell me tell me TELL ME there's something fun to do. Please tell me somebody great is playing and you have an extra ticket.

Pretty please?

You might want to check the Eastman School of Music if you are into classical music. There may be a concert happening there. I performed there years ago. It is a beautiful concert hall.

Why aren't you performing there 9/24-25? :grumpy:

I mean, thanks for the tip! :wave:

joyfulgirl said:
Why aren't you performing there 9/24-25? :grumpy:

I mean, thanks for the tip! :wave:

LOL....I can still belt out Motzart's Clarinet Concerto......by memory.....

However, my lips, tongue and fingers are out of shape.

The mind is willing but the body...well...is old.

Ok, I'll admit it, I live in Rochester. The Bug Jar had some good shows, Water Street Music Hall is another venue you might want to check. The club scene is just about dead though. The only place that I really like is an English pub downtown called The Old Toad. Depends on what you're up for I guess. I'll try to find out what else is going on while you're here if you want. Let me know.:)

stop by SUNY Brockport, about 20 minutes outside of Rochester... i've heard they've got a decent gym there where you can play some hoops...

brockport.jpg

isn't that guy wearing #42 dead sexy? I think so, myself. What a stud he is. He must be so smart and funny too. Maybe a big U2 fan as well... from the looks of him. :scratch: :shrug: :)

Ok people, you are forcing me into two nights of cable TV in my hotel room. :mad: :wink:

I'll be on a expense account. Money is not an issue. Tell me the BEST restaurant in town at least. Best as in hippest atmosphere + mouthwatering food.

What is Rochester known for (besides #42)? What is its claim to fame?

It was actually awesome! I spent a week in NYC, which was my home for 15 years, and hated nearly every minute of it. It did not help that Bush was staying at the hotel next door so that all the streets were blocked off and I was greeted several mornings by 40 cops on motorcyles outside my hotel, along with secret service men whispering into cell phones. It just all irritated me to no end and I had a meltdown in Duane Reade's (the drugstore). I got food poisoning in Little India (I think all the sauces were made with hydrogenated oils, :mad: ) and lost my ATM card. Two traveler's nightmares in one week for this once-savvy traveler. The sighting of Antonio Banderas in Grand Central Station alleviated the stress only a tiny bit.

So I wasn't looking forward to the next part of the trip, Rochester. I mean, if I can't have a good time in NYC, is there any hope for a girl in Rochester? Hell yes. I had the best food I've ever had. Ok, maybe not THE best, but it was so good I could have licked the plate. In fact, I went back again the next night. Incredible, elegant food in a hip bistro with a gorgeous, smart, sophisticated waitstaff.

So all you Rochester people, please go immediately to eat at 2 Vine, 24 Winthrop St. (in the East End). It was just fabulous, and very hip. Everything about it was what I was looking for in NYC and didn't find.

And my meetings went well, Rochester has some beautiful mansions and I got cruised by hot straight men half my age. Any more questions???

:sexywink:

joyfulgirl said:
and I got cruised by hot straight men half my age. Any more questions???

:sexywink:

Yeah, I gotta question for you. Where exactly did you find these hot straight men?

I've lived here over 20 years and I've yet to find one!;)

ti-hua said:

Yeah, I gotta question for you. Where exactly did you find these hot straight men?

I've lived here over 20 years and I've yet to find one!;)

uh, the airport, the restaurant, the porter at the hotel...

I live in a town where the vast majority of the male population is gay, including at least half of the so-called straight married men, so getting male attention when I travel is quite refreshing!

And go to 2 Vine. I insist.

Back
Top Bottom