Two New York stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
two quickies:

1. I got a call from an unemployed, MBA-awarded friend today who said he was driving around the beach since he had nothing else to do today. He decided to get a car wash and as he was waiting to pull into the driveway of the establishment, a cop pulled up behind him. He slowed down a bit, put on his indicator and continued. The cop proceeded to pull right up behind him and put on his lights and sirens. As my friend had *illicit* articles in his car, he decided to pull over slowly and see what the hell the cop wanted. The cop car quickly pulled around him, pulled into the driveway of the car wash and proceeded to cut my friend in line and wash his car.

The cop wanted a car wash.

2. I had to go to the supermarket on Sunday night as ouizy always goes mundanely to the supermarket on Sunday night. There is nothing like a NYC supermarket, extra small carts, extra narrow aisles, rotten fruit, old ladies screaming at the deli kid because the pastrami is sliced too thick, old ladies screaming at the fish guy because the halibut is sliced too thin, and what can I say about those lines? I can say this; in my supermarket there are different kinds of check-out lines. There is the "5 item and under" line, the "10 item and under" line, the "15 item and under" line, and the rest of the lines. I was on one of the rest of the lines as my cart was full of the "groceries" I buy (typically snack foods and fruit drinks.) The lines were extremely long and I heard some guy start screaming. He was on the "10 item or under" line and he was yelling something about a number of items a girl on line had, but he was screaming at the top of his lungs like it was the end of the world. The girl in question already had her groceries on the conveyor belt and was getting ready to pay when this guy (who was at least 8 people behind her) ran up to her, and asked her how many items she had. She said, "I dunno like 10 or 12." He proceeded to scream out how many items she had (after he counted out loud) and berated her for having 18 items (most like a banana, an apple) on the belt. He picked up a basket and threw all her groceries into it and kicked it away from the line. People started to yell at him, but it was too late, the damage was done. The young girl held her head down, called him a fucking asshole and got on one of the long lines.

It was unbelievable. All I could think was "welcome to New York" but then I just thought that we were lucky bullets were not flying...

its her fault for not getting in the right line

cheaters never win

and winners never cheat

The other day I was talking on my cell phone on the train, someone asked me to please quiet down (I talk very soft, and only quick conversations) I told them no. They called me an asshole, so I called them a gock-gobbler. Such is life in NYC.

nbcrusader said:
What happens if the police want to get ahead of you in the donut line?

From The Smoking Gun today:

JULY 14--Meet Michael Matakaetis. The 23-year-old Florida man was arrested last week after cops pulled him over for suspicion of drunk driving. Matakaetis, who had an open bottle of Captain Morgan Rum in his Lexus, apparently realized he was plastered and would be headed to the slammer. So, according to this Martin County Sheriff's report, Matakaetis decided to try and bribe his way out of the can. But instead of cash, Matakaetis actually offered the cop a stack of Dunkin' Donuts coupons. He noted, without irony, "You can have these if you just let me park the car and I'll walk home." If you're wondering where Mikey got that fistful of freebies, well, his pop is a doughnut impresario who's in the process of expanding his South Florida Dunkin' Donuts empire. Matakaetis's bribe offer was rebuffed and he was transported to the county jail, where he compounded his problems by telling the deputy, "You're gonna get a bullet...you should've let me go." Along with a misdemeanor DUI count, Matakaetis was also charged with a felony for threatening the cop. Released on $50,500 bail, Matakaetis faces an August 14 court hearing.

it's not just new york.
people are assholes everywhere.

yesterday, i wouldn't let a woman on the internet without i.d.
it's not my idea. it's district policy.
she proceeded to tell me what a rude bitch i am.
then she said to her kids, "c'mon, kids. get your kkk cards and let's go."

:|

bonosgirl84 said:
it's not just new york.
people are assholes everywhere.

yesterday, i wouldn't let a woman on the internet without i.d.
it's not my idea. it's district policy.
she proceeded to tell me what a rude bitch i am.
then she said to her kids, "c'mon, kids. get your kkk cards and let's go."

:|

She was probably a New Yorker in Las Vegas. :|

:lmao:

oh maaaan shopping in big stores is so crazy these days!

At my local massive Tescos store, I find myself irate if Im rushing round and big trollies are pushed right into me!

Im like :banghead:

but, sometimes there is cool talent that hang about in them

One other time I wore this black bra under a see through net top and it was quite funny! (mean that in a completely NON bragging way now! ) - cause for once I just wanted to try and look sexy.

one man saw me and held and started feeling his apple........at the fruit section. as I was choosing potatoes, he was like 50...I started laughin under my breath!!! It was gross!

:lmao:

:laugh: at the cop and maybe that guy in the supermarket never got his daily subscripty of 'Extra XXX'!

:D

Last edited:
Aaaaah, I hate Tescos when it's busy. There's always some creepy looking guy who finds an excuse to push his trolley past you and just coincidentally get a LITTLE TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!!! :madspit:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

you must be a south shore person then... we're out of our minds here on the north shore

Gee...how did ya guess?? Maybe I'll move over to the North Shore...just hate to give up the closeness of the beaches.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

you must be a south shore person then... we're out of our minds here on the north shore

Speak for yourself, Headache...We're all normal in the Town of Huntington!

(yeah, right!!!):laugh:

Long Island is home, and that's why I like it.

Diane
*Greenlawn resident, Walt Whitman H.S. grad*

Diane L said:

Diane

my dad went to whitman... class of '68. grandmother still lives over there... off 110 across from the mall.

and you huntingtonites are deffinetly not well in the head...

sincerly headache...

outdoors9a.jpg

sknmdw7.jpg

img1.gif

kings park resident, kings park grad

Diane L said:

Diane

Hey...my first PT job was in Huntington...the commute just got too much. Ya ever try & get down Rt110 at 5pm? Now Im 5 mins away from work and couldn't be happier:wink:

ah, i love NYC stories. I can't remember a good one for me right now.

Oh! When I moved here my dad helped me move in and we were walking around the neighborhood. We walked by some guy who was talking to himself and my dad turned to me and said "Are you sure you want to live here?"

sharky said:

Oh! When I moved here my dad helped me move in and we were walking around the neighborhood. We walked by some guy who was talking to himself and my dad turned to me and said "Are you sure you want to live here?"

That's normal in NY.....:confused:

<babbles to self>

ouizy said:
two quickies:

a number of items a girl on line had

Only in NYC are people at the grocery store (or a movie ticket line) 'on line' rather than 'in line'. :lol:

I once came home to my apt in NYC and found 3 cops in it. My place had been broken into and somebody called the police. It was totally ransacked but the first thing I saw when I walked in were *illicit articles* on the floor. Some of them were just embarrassing, others could've gotten me arrested. As I innocently said, "Hey, what's going on in here?" I kicked the items under something with my foot. What can I say, I was young and stupid.

Another time I emerged from the subway one morning on my way to work to find a homeless man (warning: graphic description) masturbating with one hand and a finger from the other hand up his butt. Top o' the mornin' to ya, buddy.

Re: Re: Two New York stories

joyfulgirl said:

Only in NYC are people at the grocery store (or a movie ticket line) 'on line' rather than 'in line'. :lol:

Another time I emerged from the subway one morning on my way to work to find a homeless man (warning: graphic description) masturbating with one hand and a finger from the other hand up his butt. Top o' the mornin' to ya, buddy.

LMAO....sorry...I just got a really bad visual here...now I can't stop laughin...

I remember walkin thru Times Square, goin to see Les Mis...there was a poor naked homeless guy just layin in the street by the curb. People were just steppin over him, goin about their business. Didn't even know if the poor guy was dead or alive.

Kinda sad....

Back
Top Bottom