Two lame questions: Oasis and Pearl Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by martha:
1. Where are Oasis from?

2. Pearl Jam's record Ten: Should I pick it up used if I see it?

Thank you. I'm not really an idiot.

1. Manchester, England
2. Most definitely. And then buy Yield.

Then buy 'Binaural.'

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

"Ten" is an awesome album, you definitely should get it!

annalivia

------------------
"Well, you know, if you're four young men from the north side of Dublin, you know, you need to get a little weird sometimes!" Berlin, 2001-07-29

Yeah - get TEN, listen to it 1000 times, and than 1000 more times to Black and Oceans.
After that buy Vs., Vitalogy, Yield, No Code... and download a lot of songs from the net that are not on the albums - "LONG ROAD", "State of love and trust", "Fucki up"...

AND ENJOY

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Hmmmm...I don't like Pearl Jam, to be honest. The singer's voice sounds like Peter Maffay, IMO
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Pate20 (edited 12-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Pate20:
Hmmmm...I don't like Pearl Jam, to be honest. The singer's voice sounds like Peter Maffay, IMO
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Pate20 (edited 12-27-2001).]

So that would make the Creed singer a second-hand Peter Maffay ripoff... curioser and curioser. Who is Peter Maffay?

Peter Maffay is a singer from Hungary, I think, but he sings in German. His voice is anyhow mumbling...he is a kind of unintentional joker. You simply have to laugh if you hear him. The singers of Pearl Jam and Creed (you are right!) sound a bit like him.

Peter Maffay is a singer from Hungary, I think, but he sings in German. His voice is anyhow mumbling...he is a kind of unintentional joker. You simply have to laugh if you hear him. The singers of Pearl Jam and Creed (you are right!) sound a bit like him.

Sounds like a good description of the 'singer' from Rammstein. They - intentionally or otherwise - are the funniest band in the world.

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Sounds like a good description of the 'singer' from Rammstein. They - intentionally or otherwise - are the funniest band in the world.

Not intentionally, they take themselves incredibly serious. Laughing at them is absolutely the best one can do.

annalivia

------------------
"Well, you know, if you're four young men from the north side of Dublin, you know, you need to get a little WEIRD sometimes!"
Berlin, 2001-07-29

Originally posted by annalivia:
Not intentionally, they take themselves incredibly serious. Laughing at them is absolutely the best one can do.

annalivia

If I knew German, it might throw a whole different light on things. A scary light.

I can't stand most of the German singers, only Element Of Crime are good...but that's it IMO. Rammstein do extremely stupid lyrics, I sometimes wonder whether they take themselves serious or not. But they are funny, definitely. And if you're drunk, you may find them even rocking!
biggrin.gif

Ah, but anyway back to the subject at hand. I like, but don't love, Pearl Jam - much the same way I feel about REM. In both cases I own or have at least heard most of their albums, enjoyed them all, didn't consider any of the music 'bad'...

And yet, I can't get that excited. Vitalogy is my favourite from Pearl Jam. Here they actually seemed to be trying to break out of their straitjacket. Maybe they succeeded.

Oasis. Well the cocaine has ruined them. Not permanently, hopefully. The one song which stops me from despising Oasis is 'Don't Look Back in Anger', a tune so divine (whoever stole it, or from where) that you can forgive almost anything for it.

Originally posted by Marko:
Yeah - get TEN, listen to it 1000 times, and than 1000 more times to Black and Oceans.
After that buy Vs., Vitalogy, Yield, No Code... and download a lot of songs from the net that are not on the albums - "LONG ROAD", "State of love and trust", "Fucki up"...

AND ENJOY

Ditto!
wink.gif

I really LOVE TEN! It's a great album I don't get tired of it!! Yield, Vitalogy, and VS are awesome also!
smile.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 12-29-2001).]

The singers of Pearl Jam and Creed (you are right!) sound a bit like him.

No. Let us never speak of Pearl Jam (excellent band) and Creed (horrid band) in the smae sentence EVER again.*

*unless, of course it is saying something to the effect of "Wow, Pearl Jam really whoops Creed's ass."

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Originally posted by Lilly:
No. Let us never speak of Pearl Jam (excellent band) and Creed (horrid band) in the smae sentence EVER again.*

*unless, of course it is saying something to the effect of "Wow, Pearl Jam really whoops Creed's ass."

LOL! YEP!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom