Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm only gonna get the Blu-Ray single Disc....I don't really need the other stuff. If I can hang out, I might Order the Springsteen concert at the same time..that means I won't be seeing the Discs arrive till like mid July :crazy:

Hi Daniel!

Fair enough... Honestly, I have very little acquisitive urge relating to this Rose Bowl thing. I suppose I'll get it in some form, if only for Crazy Tonight. I'm not sure what the postage would be from the LN site, it still might be the cheapest option for the other formats too.

Hi Daniel!

Fair enough... Honestly, I have very little acquisitive urge relating to this Rose Bowl thing. I suppose I'll get it in some form, if only for Crazy Tonight. I'm not sure what the postage would be from the LN site, it still might be the cheapest option for the other formats too.

Ali :wave: How are things?

Yeah, well Honestly, I've heard a few bits of bootlegs here and there, seen a little bit of footage from gigs, but I haven't seen anything else from this tour...so I'm gonna buy it. But I ain't hanging out for it, ala Chicago or Slane DVD's.

Things are okay... up too late as usual! How's you?

Yeah, not hanging out for it. If it's still cheap tomorrow I might order it, just to see what happens. Otherwise someone can get the normal version for me for Xmas if they're stuck for ideas. :wink:

I love that little Tori gif in your sig, btw... *L*

Yeah I'm not too bad.

Same, up too late. But heck, I figure I might as well stay up...I miss this place being busy, even though I stop visiting the site as often, I miss coming on and reading stuff that had happened.

Haha. Yes I stole it from one of the Tori Boards :shifty:

Yeah I'm not too bad.

Same, up too late. But heck, I figure I might as well stay up...I miss this place being busy, even though I stop visiting the site as often, I miss coming on and reading stuff that had happened.

Haha. Yes I stole it from one of the Tori Boards :shifty:

Yeah... Still, these things are cyclical, it'll pick up again at some point. Always good to see you and others around :)

I've been running around like a headless chicken lately... up to see my parents, hanging out with friends visiting from overseas, working late, seeing movies, going to science talks... since when did I become such a social butterfly... *L*

I keep getting emails from TicketBastard about bands touring that I'm mildly interested in, but they're all playing Festy Hall... is it bad that that's enough to put me off? :reject:

Hee! Well it sounds like you have/are been busy!

What Gigs? I was thinking about Florence + The Machine, I think that's at Festy, but the price was a bit high for me. I see Muse are coming back, But I don't think I could sit through that new song, Live.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Leonard Cohen, but talk about breaking the bank!

Hee! Well it sounds like you have/are been busy!

What Gigs? I was thinking about Florence + The Machine, I think that's at Festy, but the price was a bit high for me. I see Muse are coming back, But I don't think I could sit through that new song, Live.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Leonard Cohen, but talk about breaking the bank!

Florence were one mob I thought about, also Kasabian and John Butler Trio. We need more venues that size, dammit!

I don't wanna know how much Leonard Cohen is charging! I thought about taking my Mum to a thing with a big band and three different guys singing Beatles songs, but it was $100 for the cheapest tickets... no thanks.

And Muse... I still don't know what to do about that. I'm definitely going, but I can't decide about GA or seats, although if everyone I know goes GA, that will pretty much decide the issue. *L* Last time I was in a seat by myself it was a bit odd, but maybe that's just because that was at Festy Hall too.
I just hate that it's in the middle of the week, and even if they add another show, it'll probably still be in the middle of the week. Although by that stage I might be able to swing a day off work afterwards or something.

Florence were one mob I thought about, also Kasabian and John Butler Trio. We need more venues that size, dammit!

I don't wanna know how much Leonard Cohen is charging! I thought about taking my Mum to a thing with a big band and three different guys singing Beatles songs, but it was $100 for the cheapest tickets... no thanks.

And Muse... I still don't know what to do about that. I'm definitely going, but I can't decide about GA or seats, although if everyone I know goes GA, that will pretty much decide the issue. *L* Last time I was in a seat by myself it was a bit odd, but maybe that's just because that was at Festy Hall too.
I just hate that it's in the middle of the week, and even if they add another show, it'll probably still be in the middle of the week. Although by that stage I might be able to swing a day off work afterwards or something.

Oh Yeah, Not real Keen on Kasabian, I have all their albums, but I probably wouldn't pay to see 'em (Saw them Live at Big Day Out in 2007, they were quite awesome)....but wouldn't pay for a sideshow. John Butler would be great, I saw him at the same Big Day out, and he was pretty good. He's also playing up in Bendigo I see, so I could go to that, for less travel ;)

I think the most Expensive Cohen Tickets are $250+ and the cheapest, are either $99 or $150 I'm not sure. I'm only half interested, I've never really heard his stuff....just covers, Like Tori does a few (Famous Blue Raincoat...Suzanne) , and they are bloody awesome songs....Just don't know if I can really throw that kind of fund-age away!

Will you be going with muse with superthreaders or normal people :laugh: Cause if say you ax and danny go or something, It would be enough to convince me to tag along.

Also, hope Crowded House announce some bloody Aussie dates already!

Oh Yeah, Not real Keen on Kasabian, I have all their albums, but I probably wouldn't pay to see 'em (Saw them Live at Big Day Out in 2007, they were quite awesome)....but wouldn't pay for a sideshow. John Butler would be great, I saw him at the same Big Day out, and he was pretty good. He's also playing up in Bendigo I see, so I could go to that, for less travel ;)

I think the most Expensive Cohen Tickets are $250+ and the cheapest, are either $99 or $150 I'm not sure. I'm only half interested, I've never really heard his stuff....just covers, Like Tori does a few (Famous Blue Raincoat...Suzanne) , and they are bloody awesome songs....Just don't know if I can really throw that kind of fund-age away!

Will you be going with muse with superthreaders or normal people :laugh: Cause if say you ax and danny go or something, It would be enough to convince me to tag along.

Also, hope Crowded House announce some bloody Aussie dates already!

I have two of Kasabian's albums, not sure how many there are in total... I am interested in seeing them, but too casually to put myself through the pain of not only getting to and from, but going into Festy Hall and trying to enjoy music there.

I saw John Butler solo a couple of years ago, he was co-headlining with Claire Bowditch and ... er, someone else. I'll have to check the t-shirt... *L* He was pretty incredible, it's almost worth it just to see him do Ocean. But I'm not that keen on what I've heard of his latest album, and again the Festy Hall factor is enough to make me go "meh" and miss out.
I didn't know he was playing Bendigo... I might have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

Ouch... why are all these old artists charging such insane prices? Is it because they figure their fan base is all over 50 and loaded? :grumpy:

I know Ax and Charlotte are up for at least the one Muse show (they did say "any/all", but then saw the ticket prices ($100 - $120), so I'm not 100% sure how keen they are now for more than one), not sure about Danny. I know one other friend of mine who's going, will see if my housemates are interested, but I'm not confident with those ticket prices.

Yes, I too am looking forward to hearing about Crowdies dates. Hope they don't clash with Muse, is all...

And it's getting on for Pumpkin Time for me... catch you later :wave:

Hi folks. For those of you who are Crowded House fans ... well, Charlotte and I are currently listening to their 1985 (or early 1986?) demo, i.e. before they had recorded an album. It's eight tracks. It's truly, truly amazing in a fantastically hilarious way. A couple of the songs, especially That's What I Call Love, sound much more like Split Enz than the Crowdies and show Neil and Hessie in transition from one band to another. Now We're Getting Somewhere has TOTALLY different verse lyrics, Recurring Dream is only two minutes long, and there is a mystifying eightiestastic version of Walking On The Spot (may I remind you here it wasn't released until 1994).

But truly the highlight is Hole In The River, which is somehow - get this - upbeat. Probably the musical equivalent of gypsy wares.

---

On an unrelated note, the ticket price makes me want to puke, but yeah, Charlotte and I are still up for Muse. If it turns out Crowdies or other good bands' dates clash with Muse, well, our priorities don't lie with the Teignmouth trio and their collisions of neutron stars, but let's hope that doesn't happen since we definitely want to go.

Mark this pointless post down as post 121,121.

Symmetrically rockin'.

AxChar! (discotheque!) :wave:
I'd ditch muse for the crowdies as well. Well If you guys are jetsetting around Australia/NZ...I'd probably only go to the Melbourne gigs.

Daniel! How are things? :wave:

We're definitely aiming to do Crowdies in multiple cities, as many as we can. Don't want to have to ditch on Muse if we can avoid it, especially if things like Nishe, Citizen Erashed, and Sunburn remain in the set (almost makes up for Neutron Star Failision). Surprised by how few gigs Muse are doing; looking at the schedule, I reckon they've left space to do multiple shows in fewer cities rather than single shows in more cities.

Speaking of Crowded House, on the weekend I heard that new single off their latest album, Saturday Sun I think the song was? Whatever it is, it's quality.

Daniel! How are things? :wave:

We're definitely aiming to do Crowdies in multiple cities, as many as we can. Don't want to have to ditch on Muse if we can avoid it, especially if things like Nishe, Citizen Erashed, and Sunburn remain in the set (almost makes up for Neutron Star Failision). Surprised by how few gigs Muse are doing; looking at the schedule, I reckon they've left space to do multiple shows in fewer cities rather than single shows in more cities.

Hey, yeah things are okay...how are you?/you guys? :)

I'll settle for Melbourne gigs, I'm gonna be pretty much fundless in the coming weeks for the next...year at least. So I think we should be sweet. I hope the Crowdies go for smaller Venues again, that would be awesome!

I'll second Vlad re: Saturday Sun being quality. Rather enjoyable live too. Really looking forward to the new Crowdies album; some of the other stuff they've done live has been very promising. Look out for Isolation and Twice If You're Lucky, people.

Hey, yeah things are okay...how are you?/you guys? :)

I'll settle for Melbourne gigs, I'm gonna be pretty much fundless in the coming weeks for the next...year at least. So I think we should be sweet. I hope the Crowdies go for smaller Venues again, that would be awesome!

Good to hear! Not too shabby; Charlotte's having fun with an essay right now while I'm trying to motivate myself to do some work.

The Crowdies are doing smaller venues in the UK this time, and Neil has expressed a strong preference for more concerts in smaller venues rather than less in big venues. Seeing them in the Forum Theatre again would be fantastic ... just hope they don't do the Palais, since it'd be seated. By the way, found a boot of the first Melbourne show in 2008, the one with the crazy second encore ...

I'll second Vlad re: Saturday Sun being quality. Rather enjoyable live too. Really looking forward to the new Crowdies album; some of the other stuff they've done live has been very promising. Look out for Isolation and Twice If You're Lucky, people.

I am considering digging into their discography, Saturday Sun did spark quite a bit of interest. Although I've never really been interested in bands from Australia/NZ, mostly the UK.

The Crowdies are worth investigating, Vlad. :up:

Fuck it, I'm buying the damn DVD set.

I'll be going for a GA ticket on Monday for Muse, if you guys are too.

Also, I can't cook.

Now to fit that in with all the other stuff on my 'to-get' list.

What DVD is this you're talking about?

They're even more worth catching live, in my opinion.

The U2 360 Rose Bowl Super Mega Deluxe Box Set with Bells On and Shiny Things. I never intended on getting it, but LiveNation's site is apparently flogging it for $39 USD (plus at least $15 USD shipping). Still a damn sight cheaper than anywhere else. I hope. I don't particularly care that it won't get here for a month or more. *L*

They're even more worth catching live, in my opinion.

The U2 360 Rose Bowl Super Mega Deluxe Box Set with Bells On and Shiny Things. I never intended on getting it, but LiveNation's site is apparently flogging it for $39 USD (plus at least $15 USD shipping). Still a damn sight cheaper than anywhere else. I hope. I don't particularly care that it won't get here for a month or more. *L*

Uhuh, and I just got the urge that I need to get some Bowie ... Honestly, never thought of it until now.

I have too much that I need to get. :(

So I did terrible in my final semester of college and nearly cost myself my masters :( wait I'm doing accounting...I should have done worse!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom