Twatt, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Massive new Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrr post in EYKIW to smirk/cringe at!

"- His kermit oprah sound was taken one step further on Vertigo tour"

""OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sister Can't Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet you go", that is the strongest version ever on that line."

:lol: I can't even follow it, it's so epic and incoherent. It is so obvious he/she/it has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to vocals. Truly the best example of a blind fanatic.

Axver said:

I love how Brisbane thinks its solution is busways. The network of busways it has built has cost the same as a railway, yet lacks even the carrying capacity of trams, is already overburdened, has no room for expansion, and is falling to pieces. They're going to have to turn it into a tramway sooner or later. Idiots.

What worries me is that at the moment, everyone's all talk about public transport but as soon as funding comes into the picture, it's never made available. 20 years down the track, when we need the infrastructure yesterday, the money will be made available, but then it's already too fucking late.

I hate governments.

Hah, jeez, me too. In this particular area, they don't seem to think much, do they?

The Sad Punk said:

Hah, jeez, me too. In this particular area, they don't seem to think much, do they?

All they think about is "let's make nice sounding promises to get re-elected".

What shits me is the current anti-expenditure attitude of governments. Fuck hospitals, education, public transport, etc. WE NEED TO BOW AT THE ALTAR OF THE ALMIGHTY BUDGET SURPLUS!

USE THE FUCKING SURPLUS, YOU IDIOTS. What's the point of having surpluses year after year if you do fuck-all with them for the public good?

Axver said:

All they think about is "let's make nice sounding promises to get re-elected".

What shits me is the current anti-expenditure attitude of governments. Fuck hospitals, education, public transport, etc. WE NEED TO BOW AT THE ALTAR OF THE ALMIGHTY BUDGET SURPLUS!

USE THE FUCKING SURPLUS, YOU IDIOTS. What's the point of having surpluses year after year if you do fuck-all with them for the public good?

It's fear and incompetence in manners that they should really be qualified in. They waste money in areas that are already well supported, and yet hold off on things that could be much better off, despite promises. Hey, come to think of it, the government reminds me of my old school. :hmm:

The Sad Punk said:

It's fear and incompetence in manners that they should really be qualified in. They waste money in areas that are already well supported, and yet hold off on things that could be much better off, despite promises. Hey, come to think of it, the government reminds me of my old school. :hmm:

Oh, but let's be honest, the politicians need a pay rise and sending our troops to Iraq is far more important for future generations than building sustainable cities with quality education! :up:

I think I slept about 10 hours last night. It was gooood. Bloody hell I needed that sleep, after tiring myself out with being social and all.

Now it's approaching midnight here and I'm actually getting a bit of work done! So mind the slow posts.

I slept awesomely last night, mainly because I had been drinking and dancing heaps beforehand. And then I slept during the day, too. Quite the lazy one, I am.

That said, I should hit the hay very soon!

Yeah, I'm thinking it won't be a good idea if I stay up ridiculously late. Then again, if I get on a roll with work, I suppose I should just go with it.

At least I don't have to be out the door until 1:30pm tomorrow. :up:

And at least the weather's cooled down. Considerably. What's it like over in Adelaide now, Bonnie? It's just about fucking winter here in Melbourne.

Being social is so much godamn work :angry:

My problem is simply staying up too late in this damn thread and then not getting enough sleep, and then having to take my pain medication which half knocks me out.

I haven't taken it yet today though, 'cause I can't get anything done when I'm on it, and I want to try to get some writing done today. I have an important sex scene to write.

Axver said:

And at least the weather's cooled down. Considerably. What's it like over in Adelaide now, Bonnie? It's just about fucking winter here in Melbourne.

The weather is pretty chilly, I've been wearing a jacket for most of the day, but it's certainly not freezing. Interesting to see which way it goes tomorrow.

The Sad Punk said:

The weather is pretty chilly, I've been wearing a jacket for most of the day, but it's certainly not freezing. Interesting to see which way it goes tomorrow.

I've worn my thicker blazer a couple of days, though it turned out I was a bit too warm in it today at the library.

Putting things in perspective, it's actually not a bad temperature - close to my ideal, even. But the rapid change from stiflingly hot makes it feel much colder than it otherwise would and I just haven't adjusted to it yet.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Being social is so much godamn work :angry:

My problem is simply staying up too late in this damn thread and then not getting enough sleep, and then having to take my pain medication which half knocks me out.

I haven't taken it yet today though, 'cause I can't get anything done when I'm on it, and I want to try to get some writing done today. I have an important sex scene to write.

:lol: Yeah, staying up on these threads is addictive. And I've done it far too much this past month. Now that it's getting to be more stressful at uni, I won't be around nearly as much as I have been.

And while you write sex scenes, I'll be writing about the history of Melbourne's markets and the Holocaust in Romania and so forth! Wow, lucky me.

OK, I love Summer '68 by Pink Floyd far more than I reasonably should.

:lol:

For once, the real spelling is more phonetic!

GO ENGLISH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom