Twatt, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to remember a website. There's the Register of the National Estate, then there's some other heritage/history site and I'm buggered if I can remember what it is!

mysterious_jen said:
i gave up on doing work, now im drinking, enjoying u2 and pissed off that i have an early start back at hell work tomorrow.

bagh.

:hug: I'm pissed it's nearly April and my month of stress is about to begin. Eek.

stress . not cool.

i am putting off stress till tomorrow. im not looking forward to it.

stress is running 4 staff short with no relief.

anyone who calls in sick better be calling from a hospital or they are fucked.

If they don't call from a hospital, you'll verbally rip shreds from them until they do need a hospital?

OK, the people who destroyed the Fish Market in 1959 were fucking criminals.

Check this out, corner of Flinders and Spencer Streets:

FishMarket1.jpg

WHAT FUCKING IDIOT KNOCKS THAT DOWN?

Axver said:
OK, the people who destroyed the Fish Market in 1959 were fucking criminals.

Check this out, corner of Flinders and Spencer Streets:

FishMarket1.jpg

WHAT FUCKING IDIOT KNOCKS THAT DOWN?

WOAH thats an awesome building. isnt that where the aquarium and those ugly railway track viaduct things are now? or the grand hotel? ( although i lurrve the grand :drool: )

Whoa, that's a pretty gorgeous building, Ax. On a much smaller scale, I've been pissed off that a really lovely antique house had to be destroyed for some ultra-expensive bullshit thing for South Road, here in Adelaide. If something like a hospital or an orphanage or a Yiros stand is going to be built there, fine! But not for some lame ass expensive underpass.

Axver said:

No, Stuck In A Moment, the American version, is 10,000x worse.

Truth!

mysterious_jen said:

WOAH thats an awesome building. isnt that where the aquarium and those ugly railway track viaduct things are now? or the grand hotel? ( although i lurrve the grand :drool: )

The railway viaduct is actually there - the Fish Market was located between it and Flinders Street, from Spencer Street up to Queen Street. If you look in the background on the left, you can see part of the viaduct. The Fish Market was long and narrow. The railway hasn't taken any of the area formerly occupied by the Fish Market, though I believe it has taken some of the old Corporation Market's land that was on the other side of the original viaduct.

The site of the Fish Market is currently under construction, some shopping centre and car parking is going in there now.

Here's an overhead view that shows you how the Spencer/Flinders intersection used to look, with the Fish Market / railway viaduct / Corporation Market.

a10592.jpg

Massive new Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrr post in EYKIW to smirk/cringe at!

"- His kermit oprah sound was taken one step further on Vertigo tour"

""OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sister Can't Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet you go", that is the strongest version ever on that line."

The Sad Punk said:
Whoa, that's a pretty gorgeous building, Ax. On a much smaller scale, I've been pissed off that a really lovely antique house had to be destroyed for some ultra-expensive bullshit thing for South Road, here in Adelaide. If something like a hospital or an orphanage or a Yiros stand is going to be built there, fine! But not for some lame ass expensive underpass.

Laaame. I love the logic of continual road expansion, as if it's going to solve gridlock. No, it just encourages more road use and then you're more fucked. How about some public transport? I mean, Adelaide could use electrified railways or something for starters ...

And :lol: - "a hospital or an orphanage or a Yiros stand"!

We could use a lot of things, yes. But I do think there has been more of an eye on public transport more recently, though I'm not all up on that. I would have taken further advancement there over another underpass any day.

Hey Bonnie, your latest on the demotivational thread about Bono's ego is fucking hilarious. :laugh:

The Sad Punk said:
We could use a lot of things, yes. But I do think there has been more of an eye on public transport more recently, though I'm not all up on that. I would have taken further advancement there over another underpass any day.

I love how Brisbane thinks its solution is busways. The network of busways it has built has cost the same as a railway, yet lacks even the carrying capacity of trams, is already overburdened, has no room for expansion, and is falling to pieces. They're going to have to turn it into a tramway sooner or later. Idiots.

What worries me is that at the moment, everyone's all talk about public transport but as soon as funding comes into the picture, it's never made available. 20 years down the track, when we need the infrastructure yesterday, the money will be made available, but then it's already too fucking late.

I hate governments.

The Sad Punk said:
Massive new Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrr post in EYKIW to smirk/cringe at!

"- His kermit oprah sound was taken one step further on Vertigo tour"

""OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Sister Can't Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet you go", that is the strongest version ever on that line."

fucking epic post contradictory at every turn and makes no sense !

yay go petrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and that is soooooo a chick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom