Twatt, Shetland Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #706
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Thanks, it's from me actually, I wrote it yesterday in place of actually doing work. I think I might write some more poetry tomorrow between my tute and the concert.
Oh really? You've some skill there. And yeah, write some more, it's better than doing actual work.

I need to hurry the fuck up and start on that Terrorism assignment.

Anyway, see you tomorrow!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #707
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:12 PM
Unos dos tres catorce!

Net goes on, it’s bright
Interference is your head
Can’t rule your heart
A postcount so much stronger than
A life
Your eyes are wide
And though you'd sleep
You can't be stuffed
Your posts can climb up

Hello hello
I’m at a place called Out of Control
It’s everyone I wish I'd always known
And they all give me something I can feel, feel

The night is full of holes
As your posts rise up high
Some posts are gold
They twinkle as the
Boys play planes and trams
We know we lack a life
At least we know….

I can’t stand my work
I’m logging on the net
The beautiful blue crack
Has Ax and philly's rants
Swinging to the music
Swinging to the music
Oh oh oh oh

Hello hello
I’m at a place called Out of Control
It’s everyone I wish I'd always known
And they all give me something I can feel, feel

Post whoring
Oh yeah
Hours of fun…

All of this, all of this can be yours

Just don't start no flames and no-one gets hurt….

Hello hello
We’re at a place called Out of Control
Net goes on and all I know
Is that you give me something

I can feel your posts teaching me how
Your posts are teaching me how, how to steal… steaaaaaalll

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah (yeah)!

Two thousand, four hundred posts, and good night!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #708
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yeah. I lifted it from Joy Division's Twenty Four Hours, one of the central songs to the compilation. I really didn't have a clue what to call the thing until tonight. Its working title was The Telegram Regrets from Porcupine Tree's Synesthesia.
I got a couple of Joy Division albums for Xmas, but like Tool for you, a lot of the songs kinda blur together for me... I love Atmosphere though, and a few others.

I try to appreciate Joy Division and The Jam and The Clash and some of those other uber-influential punk-type bands... but a lot of it I just don't get.

Quote:
My main problem with Radiohead is that Thom Yorke's vocals are, to my ears, less appealling than the sound of three cats being strangled!
Well, if you dislike cats, that might be quite a pleasant sound...
(I like cats, don't get me wrong!)

Quote:

I should try that sometime. I haven't heard anything from 10,000 Days at all. I like a few Tool songs but find their albums tend to blur into similarity.
Do you have the album? I can make a copy for you or upload it or something, if you like. I personally prefer Lateralus, but those albums do both have quite a similar feel. I don't know much of Tool's earlier work... I listened to Aenima once and kinda went and backed away slowly.

I think I need to make a CD of songs with thunder in them. It's probably the biggest cliche in music, but I still love it
Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #709
Vocal parasite

Here's a sneak peek at my Desert Island tracklist through its cover and a quote.

You're the last man. Your kind is extinct. You are outside history. You unexist.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #710
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah (yeah)!

Two thousand, four hundred posts, and good night!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #711
Vocal parasite

Quote:
We know we lack a life
At least we know….
x17 at the whole thing, but especially that.

Brilliance, Maj.

G'night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #712
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Here's a sneak peek at my Desert Island tracklist through its cover and a quote.

You're the last man. Your kind is extinct. You are outside history. You unexist.
Cool...

Last man... any women left?
(I guess your kind wouldn't be extinct otherwise. )

*tries to marry the concept of permanence with being the last human alive*

Eh, I'm tired. Brain no worky.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #713
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I got a couple of Joy Division albums for Xmas, but like Tool for you, a lot of the songs kinda blur together for me... I love Atmosphere though, and a few others.

I try to appreciate Joy Division and The Jam and The Clash and some of those other uber-influential punk-type bands... but a lot of it I just don't get.
Which Joy Division albums did you get? I'm a bit of a Joy Division heretic in that I think Closer isn't all that (I usually only play Atrocity Exhibition and Twenty Four Hours). I absolutely adore Unknown Pleasures though. Disorder, New Dawn Fades, and She's Lost Control are all kinds of brilliant.

As for the others you mention - I haven't listened to The Jam, and I like some songs by The Clash but the only full album I've heard is London Calling, which I think has far too many unnecessary tracks.

Quote:
Well, if you dislike cats, that might be quite a pleasant sound...
(I like cats, don't get me wrong!)
OK, how about nails on a chalkboard then?

Quote:
Do you have the album? I can make a copy for you or upload it or something, if you like. I personally prefer Lateralus, but those albums do both have quite a similar feel. I don't know much of Tool's earlier work... I listened to Aenima once and kinda went and backed away slowly.

I think I need to make a CD of songs with thunder in them. It's probably the biggest cliche in music, but I still love it
Lateralus is the one album I have. It rather failed to motivate me to get more, but as far as individual songs I've downloaded go, I recall enjoying Aenima, Forty-six And Two, and Schism. Can't remember what albums they're from though. I meant to check out 10,000 Days but never got around to it - I suppose I should! I'd like to hear it.

And I need to get more PT stuff to you. Would a data CD work well?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #714
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Cool...

Last man... any women left?
(I guess your kind wouldn't be extinct otherwise. )

*tries to marry the concept of permanence with being the last human alive*

Eh, I'm tired. Brain no worky.
This is without doubt going to be the bleakest playlist in the whole tournament, and almost certainly the least popular!

The quote is from a movie adaptation of Orwell's 1984. It's a sample at the end of Our Illuminated Tomb by Sculptured, my third last track. The final three tracks are the first three I actually put together when making the playlist and I think it's one of the best trios I've ever made:

Sculptured: Our Illuminated Tomb
The Cure: Untitled
Porcupine Tree: Collapse The Light Into Earth

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #715
Blue Crack Supplier

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Axver
Which Joy Division albums did you get? I'm a bit of a Joy Division heretic in that I think Closer isn't all that (I usually only play Atrocity Exhibition and Twenty Four Hours). [quote]
Closer and Permanent... I think Permanent is a Best-Of or something, it seems to share a lot of tracks with Closer.

Quote:
As for the others you mention - I haven't listened to The Jam, and I like some songs by The Clash but the only full album I've heard is London Calling, which I think has far too many unnecessary tracks.
I've only got best-ofs of The Jam and The Clash... The Jam didn't really have any stand-out tracks that I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote:

OK, how about nails on a chalkboard then?
Aaaaack!! Okay, you win... *shudder*

Quote:

Lateralus is the one album I have. It rather failed to motivate me to get more, but as far as individual songs I've downloaded go, I recall enjoying Aenima, Forty-six And Two, and Schism. Can't remember what albums they're from though. I meant to check out 10,000 Days but never got around to it - I suppose I should! I'd like to hear it.
Schism is on Lateralus, Aenima is (I hope!) on Aenima, and I have no idea about the other one.
Righto... I'll sort something out soon...

Quote:
And I need to get more PT stuff to you. Would a data CD work well?
Yep, that's fine... geez, how much were you planning on giving me?? Not that I'll say no to free music

Dammit, I gotta go. Must remember that in order to actually GET to bed early, just thinking about it isn't enough

It'll take me at least half an hour for my brain to slow down...

Seeya
Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #716
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Closer and Permanent... I think Permanent is a Best-Of or something, it seems to share a lot of tracks with Closer.

I've only got best-ofs of The Jam and The Clash... The Jam didn't really have any stand-out tracks that I can think of off the top of my head.
Ah, right. I don't have Permanent; I just looked up the tracklisting and there's some ... interesting choices. Novelty?! Something Must Break?! Oookay. If you like She's Lost Control, Day Of The Lords, and Shadowplay, then Unknown Pleasures would be worth it.

I think Liam's used The Jam in a Desert Island tracklist or two, but I can't really remember now. Meh. As far as post-punk goes, I think the one band everybody needs to hear but rarely does is The Chameleons. Don't Fall is one of the greatest album openers ever. Hell, all of Script Of The Bridge is incredible.

Quote:
Schism is on Lateralus, Aenima is (I hope!) on Aenima, and I have no idea about the other one.
Righto... I'll sort something out soon...
Ah, right. Cool, thanks.

Quote:
Yep, that's fine... geez, how much were you planning on giving me?? Not that I'll say no to free music
I'm just running low on CDs and I figured I'd at least do the ones for you that I did for Melissa, but on a single data disc, and I imagine I should be able to fit some more stuff on too.

Quote:
Dammit, I gotta go. Must remember that in order to actually GET to bed early, just thinking about it isn't enough

It'll take me at least half an hour for my brain to slow down...

Seeya
Yeah, I'm thinking about turning in early and doing some reading too. But not reading for pleasure - reading for uni. Woooo.

G'night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #717
Vocal parasite

Righto, I'm out for the night. See you later, folks!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:12 AM
nooooooooo
Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #719
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Monday
Old 03-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #720
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:12 AM