TV producer Aaron Spelling dies at 83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well maybe if she had concentrated more on her relationship with Charlie instead of how much was spent on the wedding, it might have worked out better, or they may have never gotten married in the first place. Who knows of course, but I have seen several situations like that in which that was the case but the marriage didn't work out or never should have happened. I'm sure she has lived very well with what her parents have. It sure seemed like a lavish, gorgeous wedding to me. Perhaps Tori equated how much her parents love her with what they spent/didn't spend on her wedding (if this story is even true). If that's the case, that's sad. I'm sure growing up with that kind of money causes more problems than the average person realizes :shrug:

Last edited:
E Online

In the history of poor little rich girls, Tori Spelling may be the poorest.

At least that's the way her story is told in the new Us Weekly, which quotes sources as saying the daughter of Aaron Spelling will inherit just $800,000 of the TV legend's estimated $500 million fortune.

The magazine previously quoted "a pal" as saying the Beverly Hills 90210 alum stood to net "a significant portion" of the dynasty that Dynasty, et al., built.

Crunching the revised numbers in its Aug. 7 issue, Us reports Tori Spelling's designated share amounts to a 0.16 percent fragment of the nine-figure largesse. The actress' next likely move, according to the magazine: Contesting the will--potentially charging that an ailing Aaron Spelling "was not of sound mind" when he signed revisions to the document three months prior to his June 23 death.

"She was never banking on getting a lot of money," the "pal" tells the magazine. "[But] she thinks it's weird that an interior designer would get almost as much as her."

The interior designer in question is Robert Dolley, described by Us as "Candy's home decorator." Aaron Spelling's will calls for Dolley to receive $50,000, Us says. Other reported payouts: $50,000 to Aaron Spelling's brother Danny; and $25,000 to Ernestine Young, "Candy's personal manicurist." (Young reportedly won't get her money until after Candy Spelling's death.)

Tori Spelling's inheritance is said to be shy some zeroes because of her ongoing estrangement from her mother.

While Us' moles intimate that Candy Spelling put the kibosh on Tori getting more money, the magazine further reports that Randy Spelling, Tori Spelling's 27-year-old actor brother, who is not estranged from his mother, also will inherit $800,000.

Still, Us' pro-Tori insiders insist Tori and Randy will not be treated equally. "Randy is set for life," a source tells the magazine. "Candy will take care of him."

Candy Spelling is the sole executor of her late husband's estate, Us says.

A call seeking comment from the widow's publicist was not returned Wednesday. The Spelling matriarch declined to talk to Us for its article. Her daughter's associates, however, were not nearly as tight-lipped.

In Us, "a pal" restates Tori Spelling's concern that her mother "was cheating on her dad"--the reputed tipping point in their relationship. (Candy Spelling has denied any such extracurricular activity.) "A friend" says Tori is, in the words of the magazine, "deeply hurt and confused by the insult of the will." And "a source," who may or may not be a pal, says Tori "doesn't have enough money to buy an apartment, let alone a house."

For her part, Tori declined to comment on the matter of her inheritance.

"I'm moving on with my life," the actress, who wed actor Dean McDermott in May, tells Us. "I'm just focusing on starting a loving and healthy family."

(For the record, the magazine terms the newlywed's maternity status as "not pregnant, but trying.")

Playing up the she's-no-heiress angle, Us notes it interviewed Tori at a thrift store in Canada (where the U.S. dollar carries slightly more buying power) and shows photographs of her and McDermott window shopping at a pawn shop and scanning lottery tickets.

According to the magazine, the 33-year-old star, late of the semiautobiographical VH1 comedy series so noTORIous, lives in a rented house in Southern California's San Fernando Valley, subsists on income from made-for-TV movies and "hasn't accepted a cent from her family since starting on Beverly Hills, 90210," which was produced by her father.

The Us profile, "Tori's Heartbreak," is the latest volley in a PR war that erupted immediately after Aaron Spelling's death. The sniping was highlighted by Tori's accusation--also delivered via Us--that her mother didn't inform her of her father's passing and by Candy's retort that her daughter's comments were "mean spirited."

Tori's ex husband is going to be on that Keith Ablow show Thursday. Apparently he says that when he asked for her hand in marriage, her parents started saying all this awful stuff about their own daughter (that's what the Dr. said on one of those entertainment shows I was watching last night).

tmz.com

Charlie reveals to the syndicated talk show that Candy told him if he didn't sign the pre-nuptial agreement the invitations to the wedding would not go out in the mail.

Shanian admits the bad blood between Tori and Candy existed even prior to their wedding in 2004. Charlie claims that after asking the Spellings for their blessing to marry Tori, Candy and Aaron proceeded to tell him what a terrible daughter she was. "They said how selfish she was and how she needed therapy really badly and she was just horrible to her parents."

Shanian also claims Aaron would tell Tori "I love you best, even more than mommy," which would pit Candy and Tori against each other in a competition for Aaron's affection.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Tori's ex husband is going to be on that Keith Ablow show Thursday. Apparently he says that when he asked for her hand in marriage, her parents started saying all this awful stuff about their own daughter (that's what the Dr. said on one of those entertainment shows I was watching last night).

:| Classy family.

Back
Top Bottom