Tutaekuri River Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In My Place is better. I kind of see a valid U2 comparison in this one, thanks to the guitar, which I had yet to hear in any of their tracks. Still, I think it's a stretch even on this song. Echo doesn't mean you automatically sound like U2.

That is actually my favorite Coldplay song. "Give me love over this." :drool:

I don't even know about the lyrics. I just think it sounds odd. It sounds like they're trying to do something "different" by opening up in the middle of the riff, but the riff is just really messy.

In My Place is better. I kind of see a valid U2 comparison in this one, thanks to the guitar, which I had yet to hear in any of their tracks. Still, I think it's a stretch even on this song. Echo doesn't mean you automatically sound like U2.

I think this song was the first to really show their cracks, honestly. It's pure cheese, like most of X&Y.

God Put A Smile On Your Face is amazing though.

I think this song was the first to really show their cracks, honestly. It's pure cheese, like most of X&Y.

God Put A Smile On Your Face is amazing though.

I didn't mind it. The Coldplay songs that usually turn me off are when Martin uses his falsetto too much. Didn't see that there.

GPASUYF was very good, agreed.

I didn't mind it. The Coldplay songs that usually turn me off are when Martin uses his falsetto too much. Didn't see that there.

GPASUYF was very good, agreed.

The drum beat is the only thing giving that song a backbone; it's just a boring, safe melody with OK lyrics. Meh.

But this is a really good album otherwise. I even like Politik.

The drum beat is the only thing giving that song a backbone; it's just a boring, safe melody with OK lyrics. Meh.

But this is a really good album otherwise. I even like Politik.

Never meant that it was anything special, just a nice little tune.

The Scientist wasn't bad. And now it's Clocks, a song I already liked thanks to having it on a burnt CD from a buddy.

Never meant that it was anything special, just a nice little tune.

The Scientist wasn't bad. And now it's Clocks, a song I already liked thanks to having it on a burnt CD from a buddy.

Oh, nevermind me, I'm just ranting. :wink:

Clocks is indeed very good, if overplayed. Seriously, I've seen the video at least 15-20 times.

I didn't know it had a video.

I'm joining epinions, by the way. You have an account, right?

Hahahahaha great username. :up:

"Trust" means that you trust I won't write consistently shitty reviews. Which I can't promise.

I'm writing my first review, which is of John Frusciante's "Shadows Collide with People."

:wave: Hey Ax.

They came to a compromise concerning the Florida delegates (69-59 split in favor of Hillary, not that big a gain for her), so the democratic primaries are pretty much over. Obama wins.

Thank god for that.

Just submitted it.

I'll probably peruse your reviews, specifically the ones of albums I've heard to see how our tastes match up.

Good review. A little thin, but well-written. It's helpful to me, so I have no complaints.

Prepare for some comments from the advisers of the site. They tend to be pretty critical, so heads up. However, take their advice. They're sharp and know precisely what they're talking about; it's why they have the tag.

Good review. A little thin, but well-written. It's helpful to me, so I have no complaints.

Prepare for some comments from the advisers of the site. They tend to be pretty critical, so heads up. However, take their advice. They're sharp and know precisely what they're talking about; it's why they have the tag.

I didn't want to sound overly repetitive, hence the thinness. I will look out for those.

I didn't want to sound overly repetitive, hence the thinness. I will look out for those.

I'll confess: I had an account but hated my earlier reviews so I deleted it and started this new one. Everybody thinks I'm this brilliant newbie, but I've been there since I was 13. Be glad your reviews are already good; it took me forever to get the formula I have now.

I just can't be bothered with sites run by little Hitlers like that.

I just can't be bothered with sites run by little Hitlers like that.

:huh: They're not forcing anyone to do anything. They're just trying to point folks in the right direction is all. Every review stays put unless it's openly profane or off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom