Tutaekuri River Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So New Zealand is pretty comfortable?

Yes, the temperature for the most part is very mild; relatively cool summers, and compared to much of the Northern Hemisphere, relatively warm winters too. The Kapiti Coast, just north of Wellington, rarely gets far below -7C even on the coldest winter nights, and it has never snowed there during my lifetime.

Yes, the temperature for the most part is very mild; relatively cool summers, and compared to much of the Northern Hemisphere, relatively warm winters too. The Kapiti Coast, just north of Wellington, rarely gets far below -7C even on the coldest winter nights, and it has never snowed there during my lifetime.

Sounds like a great place to live.

Apart from people in Central Otago, I don't think most New Zealanders know what hot is. I remember considering 25C hot, summery weather on the Kapiti Coast!

My sister in law, in Ashburton, hits the mid 30's regularly in the summer. Nice dry heat there too, none of this humid shit we get.

Oh man, I've found an awesome location for the next thread.

My sister in law, in Ashburton, hits the mid 30's regularly in the summer. Nice dry heat there too, none of this humid shit we get.

It also can tend to get that warm around the Hawkes Bay too. My cousins live there, and we used to visit them every few weekends. On summer weekends, I'd just melt in Hastings!

It snows in a few of the other places though. Central North Island and a heap of places in the South Island. Problem with a damp cold in lots of places in winter.....

In the scheme of things it's a pretty balanced blend compared to some countries.

It snows in a few of the other places though. Central North Island and a heap of places in the South Island. Problem with a damp cold in lots of places in winter.....

In the scheme of things it's a pretty balanced blend compared to some countries.

It amazes me how little snow the southern North Island gets. In my father's lifetime, there's only been snow a couple of times in the lower parts of the Wairarapa.

I wonder when Wellington city itself last had snow? Apparently the last time central Melbourne got snow was 1951, with sleet in 1986 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom