Turn on's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Cook and is willing to teach me :wink:

Overall caring

Has to respect my space and his own if we get into a relationship

Willing to respect my sick parents and help them when needed

Independent, Confident and Smart (Medical and Math Smarts a HUGE plus)

Likes animals but not allergic to them....dogs and cats at the least....but exotic animals a plus.

Having a car is a plus (Doesn't matter what make or model....so long as it works)

Owns his own place a plus (Doesn't matter if it's an apartment, condo, house or whatnot)

I'd say a turn on for me is people who know that you don't form the plural with an apostrophe.

:heart:

A guy who:

Respects me and my family
Shares the same religious and political views
Has a sense of humor
Is flexible and can go with the flow
Is a bit naughty

oh and

can spit beer a mile (now that's impressive) :D

For Honor said:

Girls that look good in socks

I had to read that twice... I mean how did you figure that one out? :laugh:

It's hard to form a list. Something I might not normally go for may be cute & quirky on someone else. however, it's a major plus if a guy:

genuinely listens to what I have to say--it's horrible when you're speaking to someone and their eyes never meet yours for example.
is considerate.
shares similar taste in music.
is patient.
smells good.
has a sense of humor--someone who'll appreciate my wit, however dry.
dark hair with maybe a little gel = :up:

Adam
drool.gif

All right...turn-ons for me include:

- Accents. I know it's been said many times before, but it's so true...this American girl loves listening to English, Scottish, Australian, and especially Irish accents! :love: Pathetic as it may sound, that's one of the reasons I got into U2 - heard an interview w/Bono (I think it was him talking about Live 8), and I was hooked. :nerd:

- When a man is genuinely caring and not afraid to show it, especially when he goes out of his way to do things that he knows will be special for you. :cute:

- Intelligence, friendliness, good sense of humor and a good personality in general. These, to me, are more important than good looks (although those don't hurt, either! :wink: ).

- Crew guys. :shrug: What can I say? The fact that they're involved in the sport says a lot about their character traits (determined, tough, not afraid of pain), and besides it means I can talk about ergs and training and such with them and not get the blank look I get when I try to discuss these things with my non-rowing friends. ;)

- Love of music. Even if we like different types of music, the fact that the guy cares about it is a good thing. If he can play an instrument, that's a definite plus, and if he's a songwriter? :faint: Amazing. I'm a sucker for singer/songwriter/musician types. :wink:

^you're a rower too cabcere? :hyper:

i have 2k erg test tomorrow :no: x infinity

yeah crew guys are definitely ripped.

don't feel bad. one of the first things that got me into U2 was that mom was listening to One and i was like, that guy says "can't" funny, where is he from? i think she said scotland but close enough :lol:

VertigoGal said:
^you're a rower too cabcere? :hyper:

i have 2k erg test tomorrow :no: x infinity

yeah crew guys are definitely ripped.

don't feel bad. one of the first things that got me into U2 was that mom was listening to One and i was like, that guy says "can't" funny, where is he from? i think she said scotland but close enough :lol:

Yes, another rower! :rockon: I'm always excited to meet other crazy people, lol. :wink: Good luck w/your 2k tomorrow! :) I'm scheduled to do mine next week, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it - I've been out of commission for about a week because of a back injury, and I never thought I'd miss erging every day but I really do! :sad: Oh well. I guess I should stop hijacking this thread and let people get back to discussing turn-ons, lol. :uhoh:

ahh i hope your back's alright. :huh: :hug:

we don't erg everyday, it's only my second season novice (i was previously a swimmer...there are a lot of burned out swimmers in this sport!)...so i'll be lucky to pull a 2:10 because i suck right now, i'm really out of shape for the season. i'm dreading tomorrow

anyway...accents are hawt. yeah

VertigoGal said:
ahh i hope your back's alright. :huh: :hug:

we don't erg everyday, it's only my second season novice (i was previously a swimmer...there are a lot of burned out swimmers in this sport!)...so i'll be lucky to pull a 2:10 because i suck right now, i'm really out of shape for the season. i'm dreading tomorrow

anyway...accents are hawt. yeah

:hug: Thanks, I hope so too! I'm actually a novice as well - I started rowing last fall but had to drop out because of back trouble (sprained ligament that's since healed, but it gives me trouble every now and then). And don't feel bad about the 2:10 - I'm really out of shape too and so my 2k goal (if I manage to get through the test) is a 2:11. :wink: So no worries, I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow! :hug:

And to make this post legit, I thought of a few more turn-ons...

- Honesty/openness
- Mutual trust (meaning that he trusts me and I can trust him - I'm not quite sure how to say it but you get the idea, right?)
- Accepts me and loves me for who I am
- Creativity

my goal is a 2:11 too (but I need to get under 2:10 to get on A boat)

back to turn-ons, here's a shallow one related to looks:

-good cheekbone/face structure. a lot of my friends think it's stupid of me to think that, and that the first thing you notice about a guy is their eyes, hair, etc. But I think it really does make a difference in the sexiness department, even if you don't realize it. This is one of many reasons that Johnny Depp > Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise for example. :yes:

Guys with:
-very intense eyes...there has to be something going on behind there :lol:
-great smile, teeth don't have to be perfectly straight, but there are those smiles that light up rooms :drool:
-a strong personality, like he could get through anything if he had to
-dark hair, not a necessity, but definitely a plus
-good speaking skills, none of this i've been in school for over 10 years, but still can't speak relatively proper english
-nice personality, bad boys are nice, but i'd rather have someone who will stick with me and doesn't have to cause trouble
-loyalty, honesty, :blahblah:

confident...not conceited
humble...not meek
beautiful...not gorgeous.
playful...not childish.
intelligent, not imperious.
femine...not girly.
witty...not humorous.
sensitive...not disadvantaged.
spontaneous...not impulsive.
resilient, not stubborn.
independent...not aloof.

Ms Right...but not always.

(small wonder why I'm single).

A specific turn on I have is observing an excellent walk. Women, have a most amazing, graceful manner of walking. I feel positively cave-man like, when I walk along with my friend Rubina.

Back
Top Bottom