Tumbleweed Restaurant, Chillicothe, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, okay - we get the point, we see that Chinese history is very nice and colourful. That's okay, it doesn't stop the fact that they commit barbaric monstrosities today.

Oh shit, a representation of the voyages of Zheng He, the guy who Gavin Menzies claimed discovered the whole world and then some in his pseudo-historical bullshit book, 1421. Menzies' ego must be really inflating right now.

Yes, okay - we get the point, we see that Chinese history is very nice and colourful. That's okay, it doesn't stop the fact that they commit barbaric monstrosities today.

I think this is how Hu Jintao keeps power. His bores his population with this over-wrought shit, and in comparison his speeches seem entertaining.

Oh shit, a representation of the voyages of Zheng He, the guy who Gavin Menzies claimed discovered the whole world and then some in his pseudo-historical bullshit book, 1421. Menzies' ego must be really inflating right now.

Oh god, you're not joking. This is bullshit.

Oh yeah - I'm not saying it definitely didn't happen, but it's still controversial and shrouded in mystery and confusion. Surely there are more certain things to parade about?

Oh god, you're not joking. This is bullshit.

Oh yeah - I'm not saying it definitely didn't happen, but it's still controversial and shrouded in mystery and confusion. Surely there are more certain things to parade about?

I am saying it didn't happen. No historian takes him seriously because his method is simply so non-existent. Especially now that he's made a claim Zheng He sailed up the Thames and gave one of the King Edwards a gift of underwear.

Oh god, TMI and I apologise but I just coughed up phlegm. Now I'm really scared I've got what Kim's had. This better fucking blow over overnight. I don't even have anybody in Melbourne to take me to the doctor!

I am saying it didn't happen. No historian takes him seriously because his method is simply so non-existent. Especially now that he's made a claim Zheng He sailed up the Thames and gave one of the King Edwards a gift of underwear.

Well, I haven't heard about that. Yeah, calling bullshit there. God, history revisionists are the devil, I tell you. Makes things so difficult for people who actually take it seriously.

Doesn't he have a reasonably recent book titled "How China Magically Sailed To Italy And Somehow Began the Renaissance Because Obviously Westerners Can't Come Up With Important Historical Revelations Themselves" or something along that?

Oh god, TMI and I apologise but I just coughed up phlegm. Now I'm really scared I've got what Kim's had. This better fucking blow over overnight. I don't even have anybody in Melbourne to take me to the doctor!

:hug: I've been like that for the last two weeks. And before I coughed so hard I vomited some beer.

It's TMITIME! More interesting than the Olympics!

Well, I haven't heard about that. Yeah, calling bullshit there. God, history revisionists are the devil, I tell you. Makes things so difficult for people who actually take it seriously.

Doesn't he have a reasonably recent book titled "How China Magically Sailed To Italy And Somehow Began the Renaissance Because Obviously Westerners Can't Come Up With Important Historical Revelations Themselves" or something along that?

Yeah, I don't know the details of the claim but he made it. And that's pretty close to the bullshit title of the bullshit book he just released. It's so inane. I'm just staggered by the evidence he pretty much invents (one story about China "discovering" eastern Australia is based on a tale told by a mentally-imbalanced seller of curios in Queensland) or completely twists to sustain his claims. But at least he's given History departments in universities everywhere something to laugh about. History revisionists shit me because usually anyone taking that title is just a history extremist who goes way too far. The people who are actually making serious discoveries that DO necessitate rewriting history books are never the ones trumpeting themselves like they're god's gift to academia.

/rant

:hug: I've been like that for the last two weeks. And before I coughed so hard I vomited some beer.

It's TMITIME! More interesting than the Olympics!

Haha, yeah, TMI stuff seems far more entertaining than this rambly dullness. They're even worse than me going on about trains.

I'm meant to be meeting cin and Danny on Sunday. :( I don't want to get them sick! I hope I only have it on a minor scale and it blows over.

Congratulations, you're sick.

I'm going to turn my firewall on so I don't catch anything off you guys.

:lmao: Smart idea.

Haha, my Mac just randomly started playing Porcupine Tree. Must be telling me to stop paying attention to the Opening Suckamony. Or maybe I faintly touched it by accident; one of the two!

The bullet train? THE BULLET TRAIN? You idiot commentator, that's JAPANESE. China has something completely different.

For fuck's sake!

Why am I watching this.

Just let the athletes march. I should go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom