"True Romance"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I have always loved this movie. It ranks in my personal top 5. Today I picked up the new DVD of the unrated version, and it reminded of how great of a movie this is. Also I was surprised to see none other than Jack Black in a bit part. There are so many great performances by Christian Slater, Dennis Hopper, and Christopher Walken, among others. Anybody who loves movies should not go without seeing this one. Anybody here agree?

I have always loved this movie. Patricia Arquette at her best, and Christian Slater has always been one of my favorite actors.

Didn't Samuel L. Jackson play a small part also? Its been a while since i seen this movie...I'll have to dig it out again:D

"True Romance" is an incredible movie and the unrated version is definitely the best way to go. Brad Pitt's small part was so funny and Gary Oldman was total genius as the pimp. I am so not a fan of Quentin Tarantino, but really dug this film, maybe it's because he's not in it.

Can't forget about Val Kilmer as Elvis!

True Romance rocks.

The movie is funny, fantastically exciting, witty, edge of your seat stuff and packed with amazing performances. My personal fave is Gary Oldman, but Patricia Arquette is wonderful... my fave part is the part where she kills Gandolfini. She burns him, beats him on the head, scratches his eyes out, stabs him and shoots him until he's a fat bloody mound on the floor.

Classic movie. And very romantic too. In which other movie do you get the leading man telling the woman that he went over to her pimp's house and shot him in the crotch, to which she responds; That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me..."? Sniff. Almost brings tears to my eyes.

Classic film.

Ant.

I fucking love that movie.

I also fucking love that song in the movie with the marimba. it plays while they are sitting on an old sofa outside an airport I think after she gets her ass kicked.

Nate Dogg:

Since you have the DVD - any way of letting me know what song it is and who recorded it?

ouizy said:
I fucking love that movie.

I also fucking love that song in the movie with the marimba. it plays while they are sitting on an old sofa outside an airport I think after she gets her ass kicked.

Nate Dogg:

Since you have the DVD - any way of letting me know what song it is and who recorded it?

Here's the soundtrack listing:

1. You're So Cool
2. Graceland - Charlie Sexton
3. In Dreams - John Waite/Bekka Bramlett
4. Wounded Bird - Charles & Eddie
5. I Want Your Body - Nymphomania
6. Stars At Dawn
7. I Need A Heart To Come Home To - Shelby Lynne
8. Viens Mallika Sous Le Dome Edais - Delibes (from "Lakme")
9. Tender Trap, (Love Is) The - Robert Palmer
10. Outshined - Soundgarden
11. Amid The Chaos Of The Day
12. Two Hearts - Chris Issak

True Romance frickin rules! I love the scene between Walken and Hopper. It dosent get much better than that! Walken is the king of the monolouge!

:cool:

there are so many movies I haven't heard of or seen

so I appreciate you reviews and recommendations. We have six long hot weeks of summer holiday soon. Good weather to catch up on movies. **cass starts list**
True Romance- great cast, plot, music...and a Gecko called Clarence?
bit of blood eh?**cass gets out her Zaphod Beeblebrox glasses**

Back
Top Bottom