Tri-Series: Australia, South Africa, and Sri Lanka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Thus far, Australia has taken apart Sri Lanka, and this evening, South Africa defeated Australia (thank goodness). Pretty low-scoring match at the 'Gabba today, though it got really exciting at the end. Boucher scored just 1 off his first 19 and then ended up on 63 not out off 62! Kemp also played a great innings, scoring 29 off 22.

Next: South Africa vs Sri Lanka on the 17th. South Africa should demolish the Sri Lankans.

Last night's finish was awesome. I nearly pissed myself when Daar (Dar? Whatever his name is, lol) pulled them off with the rain :lol:

Angela Harlem said:
Last night's finish was awesome. I nearly pissed myself when Daar (Dar? Whatever his name is, lol) pulled them off with the rain :lol:

I was baffled! I'd only recently checked the weather radar on the Bureau of Meteorology's website to make sure no storms were coming in the evening (I didn't want the game to prematurely end!) and there was nothing in sight - and then suddenly, it's raining! The updated radar showed that the one spot of rain in Brisbane had settled itself in right above the 'Gabba! I couldn't believe it.

My mother was livid. She wanted them to stay out there, just to bowl one more ball to see the batsman hit it for six, as that would've won the game right there and then.

Ha! Suck shit to him! Sorry. I cant stand him. Not sure why. He deserves it much more than Lee, who is usually very sportsmanlike. I was wondering if he'd get hauled up too, after seeing that.

... Sri Lanka just conclusively beat South Africa. :ohmy:

South Africa are being taken to pieces right now.

Brett Lee's taken five wickets. Only two are left to get.

Glad I'm not GibsonGirl right now. :wink:

Well, Shaun Pollock tried to save the game but was dismissed for 46. South Africa all out for a pathetic 186.

After they beat Australia last week, I did not expect them to fall apart against Sri Lanka or in this second Australia fixture. Sure, they didn't have a high target in the first Australia game and they plodded to reach it, but I thought they could only improve.

Australia vs Sri Lanka on Sunday should be good. Was Sri Lanka's victory over South Africa significant, or will Australia just thump them again?

Axver said:
Was Sri Lanka's victory over South Africa significant, or will Australia just thump them again?

i think that is the key question in the series...
only time will tell

PS go Australia. and Brett Lee's bowling tonight was on fire

oh sorry

its another boring tri series

i feel sorry for the two teams that ever bother coming here because the only victories they achieve seem to be only against each other

the only times you beat australia are when we're bored out of our minds we cant be bothered with second rate opposition and we just let things drift

but in other cases, you wont beat australia in a game with something riding on it

johan botha is a dead set splitting image of larry mullen

57502.jpg

oh...

NO BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashedCarDriver said:
oh sorry

its another boring tri series

i feel sorry for the two teams that ever bother coming here because the only victories they achieve seem to be only against each other

the only times you beat australia are when we're bored out of our minds we cant be bothered with second rate opposition and we just let things drift

but in other cases, you wont beat australia in a game with something riding on it

Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

Get over your stupid fucking country.

Axver said:

That's an equally stupid (if not more so) statement.

It's one thing having a wee bit of banter (as done to good effect in other threads). It's another just crossing the line and insulting other people's nationalities.

Lately, I've found a new cricket message board and I've been posting there. bigcricket.com
It's populated mostly by Aussies, but there's a few of us there who try to stick up for some of the other countries.

It's pretty cool if you're interested in talking cricket. And yes, there's a whole lot of Aussie trash talking going on.

I like sticking up for other countries. It is great to see good competitive sport. :up:
Trash talking any country or place is rude, I reckon.

Lets declare this a maiden with no runs for the pro or anti Australians, and play nice :wink:

Australia in big trouble here, looking like they're about to lose big.

Axver said:

Well since polite warnings and private emails dont work... are you TRYING to get banned? Because you are heading that way.

Well, CrashedCarDriver, what do you have to say now? Sri Lanka just won conclusively; you lot failed to even get within 50 runs of the target.

Oh, wait, you let Sri Lanka win, right? :|

Sicy said:

Well since polite warnings and private emails dont work... are you TRYING to get banned? Because you are heading that way.

Why don't you start getting on CrashedCarDriver's case for continued baiting and inflammatory comments? It's one thing to be proud of one's country, but to say CrashedCarDriver blatantly distorts the facts is to put it lightly. I would consider his posts to be trolling against anyone who does not support Australia.

Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

While CrashedCarDriver's pro-Aussie stance borders on the cartoonish, at least he supports his own team. I've seen you post less about New Zealand than you do about Australia, which is odd to say the least.

But again, this is not about that, it's about this fucking cricket series, and I'm glad the Lankans won, because now things are going to be interesting.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

While CrashedCarDriver's pro-Aussie stance borders on the cartoonish, at least he supports his own team. I've seen you post less about New Zealand than you do about Australia, which is odd to say the least.

Well, it'd be nice if I could more closely follow the Kiwi team's fortunes, but I'm a bit tough out of luck unless it's on free-to-air TV or I can get access to pay TV. I don't like to listen to radio broadcasts or read the online updates, so if I can't watch the game itself, I'm left with a post-match article and maybe a television highlights package, and in that case, I don't really have a whole lot substantial to say about the team.

But again, this is not about that, it's about this fucking cricket series, and I'm glad the Lankans won, because now things are going to be interesting.

Hell yes. This could be a nice, close contest. South Africa versus Sri Lanka on Tuesday will be an interesting game. I'm honestly concerned about South Africa's ability to score at a decent speed. Both Australia and Sri Lanka have put on solid scores, but South Africa has generally plodded along. Even when they did win, for a long time they were going agonisingly slowly until Boucher and Kemp turned it up a notch during the last ten overs.

Oh well, not a good night for the aussies tonight.:| I have to say though that this series has been one of the more interesting one-day series in recent years - OF COURSE I love seeing australia win, but its terrific to see a good competition, with all three teams in with a chance. Should be an interesting week - shame i have to work on australia day instead of being at Adelaide oval :grumpy:

Axver said:
Why don't you start getting on CrashedCarDriver's case for continued baiting and inflammatory comments? It's one thing to be proud of one's country, but to say CrashedCarDriver blatantly distorts the facts is to put it lightly. I would consider his posts to be trolling against anyone who does not support Australia.

I am not talking about him right now I'm talking about YOU and your constant personal attacks and swearing at other members. This has been going on long enough and you've ignored me and the other mods' warnings. Next time I'm not even going to say anything to you, I'll be posting in Inside Broadcast.

ishkash!!! long time no see! :wave:

I heard that he had the option of playing for England as his parents are both poms. Dunno if that's true.

He really needs to do something about the um...zinc...on his lips...:slant: Speaking of which though, those dolls are making a comeback it seems. There is a shop in here which sells them.
:|

Back
Top Bottom