Tri-Series: Australia, South Africa, and Sri Lanka - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 03:05 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Lately, I've found a new cricket message board and I've been posting there. bigcricket.com
It's populated mostly by Aussies, but there's a few of us there who try to stick up for some of the other countries.

It's pretty cool if you're interested in talking cricket. And yes, there's a whole lot of Aussie trash talking going on.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:20 AM   #17
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:14 AM
I like sticking up for other countries. It is great to see good competitive sport.
Trash talking any country or place is rude, I reckon.

Lets declare this a maiden with no runs for the pro or anti Australians, and play nice

Old 01-22-2006, 03:43 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Australia in big trouble here, looking like they're about to lose big.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:18 AM   #19
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Get over your stupid fucking country.

Well since polite warnings and private emails dont work... are you TRYING to get banned? Because you are heading that way.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Well back to the cricket.

Aus really struggling now. They need more than 8 runs and over if they're going to win this.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Clarke gone.

We've got a series now.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:13 AM   #22
Vocal parasite

Well, CrashedCarDriver, what do you have to say now? Sri Lanka just won conclusively; you lot failed to even get within 50 runs of the target.

Oh, wait, you let Sri Lanka win, right?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Well since polite warnings and private emails dont work... are you TRYING to get banned? Because you are heading that way.
Why don't you start getting on CrashedCarDriver's case for continued baiting and inflammatory comments? It's one thing to be proud of one's country, but to say CrashedCarDriver blatantly distorts the facts is to put it lightly. I would consider his posts to be trolling against anyone who does not support Australia.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

While CrashedCarDriver's pro-Aussie stance borders on the cartoonish, at least he supports his own team. I've seen you post less about New Zealand than you do about Australia, which is odd to say the least.

But again, this is not about that, it's about this fucking cricket series, and I'm glad the Lankans won, because now things are going to be interesting.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #24
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

While CrashedCarDriver's pro-Aussie stance borders on the cartoonish, at least he supports his own team. I've seen you post less about New Zealand than you do about Australia, which is odd to say the least.
Well, it'd be nice if I could more closely follow the Kiwi team's fortunes, but I'm a bit tough out of luck unless it's on free-to-air TV or I can get access to pay TV. I don't like to listen to radio broadcasts or read the online updates, so if I can't watch the game itself, I'm left with a post-match article and maybe a television highlights package, and in that case, I don't really have a whole lot substantial to say about the team.

Quote:
But again, this is not about that, it's about this fucking cricket series, and I'm glad the Lankans won, because now things are going to be interesting.
Hell yes. This could be a nice, close contest. South Africa versus Sri Lanka on Tuesday will be an interesting game. I'm honestly concerned about South Africa's ability to score at a decent speed. Both Australia and Sri Lanka have put on solid scores, but South Africa has generally plodded along. Even when they did win, for a long time they were going agonisingly slowly until Boucher and Kemp turned it up a notch during the last ten overs.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 11:44 PM
Oh well, not a good night for the aussies tonight. I have to say though that this series has been one of the more interesting one-day series in recent years - OF COURSE I love seeing australia win, but its terrific to see a good competition, with all three teams in with a chance. Should be an interesting week - shame i have to work on australia day instead of being at Adelaide oval
Old 01-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Why don't you start getting on CrashedCarDriver's case for continued baiting and inflammatory comments? It's one thing to be proud of one's country, but to say CrashedCarDriver blatantly distorts the facts is to put it lightly. I would consider his posts to be trolling against anyone who does not support Australia.
I am not talking about him right now I'm talking about YOU and your constant personal attacks and swearing at other members. This has been going on long enough and you've ignored me and the other mods' warnings. Next time I'm not even going to say anything to you, I'll be posting in Inside Broadcast.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:14 PM
already there is a dearth of porcupine tree fans....

Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #28
Refugee

very uninspiring triseries indeed

theres nothing johan "larry mullen lookalike" botha can do about it either
Old 02-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #29
War Child

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Andrew Symonds is an Alien.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #30
Jesus Online

ishkash!!! long time no see!

I heard that he had the option of playing for England as his parents are both poms. Dunno if that's true.

He really needs to do something about the um...zinc...on his lips... Speaking of which though, those dolls are making a comeback it seems. There is a shop in here which sells them.