Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup Rugby is fast approaching!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah it scared the shit out of me... especially that part where Tana slapped the back of one of the fowards... I was like :shockandawe:

Tonight has been such a good night in all ways.

I know you don't follow League Axver but Stacey Jones, NZ's greatest ever player played his last game with the Warriors tonight... he scored a try in the 76th minute to win the game 22-20. :sad:

That was just ... wow. I don't think I've quite gotten over that Haka. There was one shot where the camera was looking dead on at Tana and he's absolutely belting his lungs out with an almighty roar, and ... I could've just about wet myself.

I consider league to be rugby's pansy brother, but Stacey Jones is a great man. :up: Glad to hear he ended his career on such a great note!

Shame about Mr Frenchie the ref (maybe he still holds a grudge over Mururoa?), but seven exceptional tries made that game a true standout. If you like gridiron and you'd seen that game, your mind would've been blown by how fucking better rugby is. Best game of the year, certainly.

[/B]

No Axver, no grudge over mururoa:lol:

It was a good match but nothing extraordinary. :wink:

great new HAKA
The Words of KAPA O PANGO

KIA WHAKAWHENUA AU I AHAU!
HI AUE, HI!!
KO AOTEAROA E NGUNGURU NEI!
AU, AU, AUE HA!
KO KAPA O PANGO E NGUNGURU NEI!
AU, AU, AUE HA!
I AHAHA!
KA TU TE IHIIHI
KA TU TE WANAWANA
KI RUNGA KI TE RANGI E TU IHO NEI, TU IHO NEI, HI!
PONGA RA!
KAPA O PANGO, AUE HI!
PONGA RA!
KAPA O PANGO, AUE HI, HA! Let me become one with the land

This is our land that rumbles
And it’s my time! It’s my moment!
This defines us as the All Blacks
It’s my time! It’s my moment!

Our dominance
Our supremacy will triumph
And will be placed on high

Silver fern!
All Blacks!
Silver fern!
All Blacks!

Joe The ROCK Rockocoko rocks:rockon: & the ALL BLACKS:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Meh, I peeked.

Oh well, at least we didn't get completely hammered! Even though I tend not to watch a game after I know that the Boks have lost (especially if the score is close, because that just makes me the moer in), I think I'll watch this one anyway to see the new Haka. :D

My prediction for the next match:

New Zealand 48 - 13 Australia

The Aussie bastards will be lucky if they can even get that.

Those new words to the Haka are great. I particularly like the "Our Supremecy will triumph" line. I can't wait until Saturday night to see if Tana is still as ape-shit insane as he was last week. :hyper: :combust:

I wonder if they'll do the new Haka or not. They've said they're only going to use it for special occasions. But the lyrics are fantastic! Thanks for posting them, jacobus. :up:

And I must say I really like Zihua's scoreline! If that happened ... :drool:

My prediction's quite conservative:

New Zealand 30 - 22 Australia

How much more special could the occasion be? The final game for both George Greegan and Eddie Jones. This is the cause for multiple Hakas I would think... maybe Vertigo it... one before the game and one after... possibly do it whilst waiting for Australia to form scrums, halftime, on the bus to and from the game.

Seriously though I would like it to be a "secret weapon" of sorts... to really fire up the boys and show anyone who stands opposite that they are really in it now.

Hey, GibsonGirl, do you plan on watching this game (especially considering the winner of this determines whether NZ or SA gets the Tri-Nations), or can I go ahead and gloat about the results without worrying that I've blown it for you?

timothius said:
How much more special could the occasion be? The final game for both George Greegan and Eddie Jones. This is the cause for multiple Hakas I would think... maybe Vertigo it... one before the game and one after... possibly do it whilst waiting for Australia to form scrums, halftime, on the bus to and from the game.

Seriously though I would like it to be a "secret weapon" of sorts... to really fire up the boys and show anyone who stands opposite that they are really in it now.

:lmao: Oh my goodness, that's one of the funniest things I've read all day! :lmao:

NZ vs Australia setlist:

1. Haka
2. Commence game
3. Try: Rokocoko, 20m run
4. Try: Mealamu, 5m
5. Try: Rokocoko, 80m
6. Try: Gear, 50m
7. Start half-time
8. Haka
9. End half-time
10. Try: Jack, pushover
11. Try: Weepu, 10m
12. Try: Muliaina, 35m
13. Try: Umaga, 25m
14. Australian penalty
15. Try: Howlett (sub), 50m
16. Try: MacDonald, 15m
17. End game
18. Haka

Final score:
New Zealand 70 - 3 Australia

Injury toll: 5 Australians, when the fifth was injured they had no sub to send on and played the last five minutes with only 14 players.

Axver said:
5. Try: Rokocoko, 80m
6. Try: Gear, 50m

Personally, I'm really fond of that segue. Amazing opening, incredible speed ... :drool:

timothius said:
The crowd will be dissapointed that setlist regulars such as Greegan Knock On & Matt Dunning Failed Attempt At Field Goal have been left of the setlist. :sad:

Well, I didn't include snippets. For example, there was a Gregan Scrum Knock On at the start of Rokocoko 80m, and Two Australians Running Into Each Other featured in Umaga 25m. During Haka x2, there's a full Eddie Jones Heart Attack!

Axver said:
Hey, GibsonGirl, do you plan on watching this game (especially considering the winner of this determines whether NZ or SA gets the Tri-Nations), or can I go ahead and gloat about the results without worrying that I've blown it for you?

Oh, gloat away! We all know who's going to win anyway. And by the time I actually get to see the game, George Gregan will be wearing nappies in his wheelchair.

You two are going to make me lose a lung with your setlists! :lol:

Axver... I just realised we forgot God Defend New Zealand & Advance Australia Fair :faint:

At the conclusion of the game all New Zealand and Australian players and staff will be bussed to North Shore Entertainment Centre where they will be joined by the South African sqaud to perform a "Tri-Nations Musical Spectacular". The tentative setlist is as follows:

New Zealand players enter the stage to rousing applause... they launch into a rendition of:
1. We Are The Champions: Tana Umaga ft. All Black Choir conducted by Ghraham Henry
(Crowd goes insane - All Blacks file off as Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuquri step onto centre stage, Wendell takes the mike "Thsii jlyY1 wEEEE toOKA a ATRiP to SuthO Afrikkka hez ah a FOO SONGzzzz BOT dddat... hIT DA beat mutthAER FOOKaer!")
2. In Da Club : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
3. Eat You Alive -> Hot Patato -> Working Up An Appetite : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
(Matt Dunning steps onto the stage as the beat hits Wendell inchorently dedicates the next song to Matt)
4. Ass Like That : Wendell Sailor & Matt Dunning
(Lote & Wendell leave the stage as various vegetables appear on stage via the crowd - Percy Montgomery enters)
5. Barbie Girl -> Pretty Fly For A White Guy: Percy Montgomery
(Crowd finds the irony as Percy leaves the stage - special guest Neil Finn arrive to play a short set)
6. Can You Hear Us?: Neil Finn
7. Message To My Girl: Neil Finn (Dedicated to various members of Australian front row)
(Sean Fitzpatrick walks across stage - causing Neil to go into a impromptu version of...)
8. There Goes God: Neil Finn
(Neil exits the stage as Smit & Habana of South Africa enter wearing Lion masks and fake tails made out of readily available art & craft suplies - they apologize for their late arrival and say their taxi was slow, unlike those at home....)
9. 500 In My Taxi
(They then announce the "Lekker Afrikainise Medly")
10. In The Jungle -> Can You Feel The Love Tonight? -> Zulu Wardance -> Mugabe Repossessed My Farm (E-I-E-I-O) -> Seconds -> I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts.
(They exit as Andrew Merthens, Carlos Spencer & Justin Marshall appear via Sattelite from England to sing...)
11. London Calling -> Money: Merthens, Marshall, Spencer
(Daneil Carter, Rico Gear, Aaron Mauger and Richie McCaw appear Daniel introduces the song "We are a band from Christchurch Village, New Zealand, and like many small insignificant villages, it has its shite and it has its bad, this is a song about our hometown, it's called Bad")
12. Michael Jacksons "Bad" -> U2's "Bad" -> Hate This Place: Cantab-4
(They Exit, Australian Rugby Union CEO Enters, summoning George Greegan)
13. Take A Walk -> Nanananana Hey Hey, Goodbye
(Eddie Jones enters stage)
14. I Will Follow: Eddie Jones
(All New Zealand & South African players enter stage for grande finale)
15. Why Don't You Get A Job?

Crowd leaves satisfied, despite not hearing Haka -> Stories For Boys.

....(They exit as Andrew Merthens, Carlos Spencer & Justin Marshall appear via Sattelite from England to sing...)
11. London Calling -> Money: Merthens, Marshall, Spencer
cool & funny stuff timothius:up: i like the Mehrtens-Spencer-Marshall part the most:applaud:

timothius said:

5. Barbie Girl -> Pretty Fly For A White Guy: Percy Montgomery
(Crowd finds the irony as Percy leaves the stage - special guest Neil Finn arrive to play a short set)

Perce can't help it that he's a little naff. :lol:

3. Eat You Alive -> Hot Patato -> Working Up An Appetite : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
(Matt Dunning steps onto the stage as the beat hits Wendell inchorently dedicates the next song to Matt)

:drool:

Tim, I'm taking you to court to sue you for the doctor's bill I now have to pay for the ribs I broke laughing at your setlist.

TONIGHT! :hyper:

Wonder if the Aussies can field a full team?

This is the All Blacks 400th test and their 123rd against Australia with almost half of those – 57 – at Eden Park. New Zealand have won 45 of those tests and have not lost to Australia in Auckland since 1986.

The All Blacks have won their last 11 tests in Auckland and if they win tonight it will be their 16th at home – a feat achieved only once before.

GO NEW ZEALAND!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

New Zealand 34 - 24 Australia

The Tri-Nations is OURS! Back in Kiwi hands, right where it belongs!

Let us all sit around and sing the Kiwi anthem as loud as we can.

E Ihowa Atua,
O ngä iwi mätou rä,
Äta whakarongona;
Me aroha noa.
Kia hua ko te pai;
Kia tau tö atawhai;
Manaakitia mai
AOTEAROA!

God of nations at thy feet
in the bonds of love we meet.
Hear our voices, we entreat,
God defend our free land.
Guard Pacific's triple star
From the shafts of strife and war,
Make her praises heard afar,
God defend NEW ZEALAND!

In some ways, I was hoping that the Aussies would win (for obvious reasons. ;) ) But when you're as shit as the Australian Wallabies, there really is no hope.

Yes, South Africa didn't win the Tri Nations and I'm disappointed as hell. But Australia lost five times in a row, and that's almost just as good. :rockon: Congratulations to New Zealand!

Don't sing too much Axver, the 2007 World Cup final will be France-South Africa. New Zealand will be defeated in semi-final, as usual..... :lol:

Congratulations to NZ for a great win and for winning the overall comp.

Hopefully the Australian's will pick themselves up, dust off and come up with a winning combination that sees them back on top.

Back
Top Bottom