Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup Rugby is fast approaching! - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 08-31-2005, 09:13 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:32 AM
The crowd will be dissapointed that setlist regulars such as Greegan Knock On & Matt Dunning Failed Attempt At Field Goal have been left of the setlist.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #137
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
The crowd will be dissapointed that setlist regulars such as Greegan Knock On & Matt Dunning Failed Attempt At Field Goal have been left of the setlist.
Well, I didn't include snippets. For example, there was a Gregan Scrum Knock On at the start of Rokocoko 80m, and Two Australians Running Into Each Other featured in Umaga 25m. During Haka x2, there's a full Eddie Jones Heart Attack!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Hey, GibsonGirl, do you plan on watching this game (especially considering the winner of this determines whether NZ or SA gets the Tri-Nations), or can I go ahead and gloat about the results without worrying that I've blown it for you?
Oh, gloat away! We all know who's going to win anyway. And by the time I actually get to see the game, George Gregan will be wearing nappies in his wheelchair.

You two are going to make me lose a lung with your setlists!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:58 AM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Axver... I just realised we forgot God Defend New Zealand & Advance Australia Fair

At the conclusion of the game all New Zealand and Australian players and staff will be bussed to North Shore Entertainment Centre where they will be joined by the South African sqaud to perform a "Tri-Nations Musical Spectacular". The tentative setlist is as follows:

New Zealand players enter the stage to rousing applause... they launch into a rendition of:
1. We Are The Champions: Tana Umaga ft. All Black Choir conducted by Ghraham Henry
(Crowd goes insane - All Blacks file off as Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuquri step onto centre stage, Wendell takes the mike "Thsii jlyY1 wEEEE toOKA a ATRiP to SuthO Afrikkka hez ah a FOO SONGzzzz BOT dddat... hIT DA beat mutthAER FOOKaer!")
2. In Da Club : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
3. Eat You Alive -> Hot Patato -> Working Up An Appetite : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
(Matt Dunning steps onto the stage as the beat hits Wendell inchorently dedicates the next song to Matt)
4. Ass Like That : Wendell Sailor & Matt Dunning
(Lote & Wendell leave the stage as various vegetables appear on stage via the crowd - Percy Montgomery enters)
5. Barbie Girl -> Pretty Fly For A White Guy: Percy Montgomery
(Crowd finds the irony as Percy leaves the stage - special guest Neil Finn arrive to play a short set)
6. Can You Hear Us?: Neil Finn
7. Message To My Girl: Neil Finn (Dedicated to various members of Australian front row)
(Sean Fitzpatrick walks across stage - causing Neil to go into a impromptu version of...)
8. There Goes God: Neil Finn
(Neil exits the stage as Smit & Habana of South Africa enter wearing Lion masks and fake tails made out of readily available art & craft suplies - they apologize for their late arrival and say their taxi was slow, unlike those at home....)
9. 500 In My Taxi
(They then announce the "Lekker Afrikainise Medly")
10. In The Jungle -> Can You Feel The Love Tonight? -> Zulu Wardance -> Mugabe Repossessed My Farm (E-I-E-I-O) -> Seconds -> I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts.
(They exit as Andrew Merthens, Carlos Spencer & Justin Marshall appear via Sattelite from England to sing...)
11. London Calling -> Money: Merthens, Marshall, Spencer
(Daneil Carter, Rico Gear, Aaron Mauger and Richie McCaw appear Daniel introduces the song "We are a band from Christchurch Village, New Zealand, and like many small insignificant villages, it has its shite and it has its bad, this is a song about our hometown, it's called Bad")
12. Michael Jacksons "Bad" -> U2's "Bad" -> Hate This Place: Cantab-4
(They Exit, Australian Rugby Union CEO Enters, summoning George Greegan)
13. Take A Walk -> Nanananana Hey Hey, Goodbye
(Eddie Jones enters stage)
14. I Will Follow: Eddie Jones
(All New Zealand & South African players enter stage for grande finale)
15. Why Don't You Get A Job?

Crowd leaves satisfied, despite not hearing Haka -> Stories For Boys.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #140
Refugee

Local Time: 05:32 PM
Quote:
....(They exit as Andrew Merthens, Carlos Spencer & Justin Marshall appear via Sattelite from England to sing...)
11. London Calling -> Money: Merthens, Marshall, Spencer
cool & funny stuff timothius i like the Mehrtens-Spencer-Marshall part the most
Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:32 AM
why does drew bledsoe have his own cup?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

5. Barbie Girl -> Pretty Fly For A White Guy: Percy Montgomery
(Crowd finds the irony as Percy leaves the stage - special guest Neil Finn arrive to play a short set)
Perce can't help it that he's a little naff.

Quote:
3. Eat You Alive -> Hot Patato -> Working Up An Appetite : Wendell Sailor & Lote Tuquri
(Matt Dunning steps onto the stage as the beat hits Wendell inchorently dedicates the next song to Matt)
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #143
Vocal parasite

Tim, I'm taking you to court to sue you for the doctor's bill I now have to pay for the ribs I broke laughing at your setlist.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #144
Vocal parasite

TONIGHT!

Wonder if the Aussies can field a full team?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #145
Vocal parasite

This is the All Blacks 400th test and their 123rd against Australia with almost half of those – 57 – at Eden Park. New Zealand have won 45 of those tests and have not lost to Australia in Auckland since 1986.

The All Blacks have won their last 11 tests in Auckland and if they win tonight it will be their 16th at home – a feat achieved only once before.

GO NEW ZEALAND!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #146
Vocal parasite

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

New Zealand 34 - 24 Australia

The Tri-Nations is OURS! Back in Kiwi hands, right where it belongs!

Let us all sit around and sing the Kiwi anthem as loud as we can.

E Ihowa Atua,
O ngä iwi mätou rä,
Äta whakarongona;
Me aroha noa.
Kia hua ko te pai;
Kia tau tö atawhai;
Manaakitia mai
AOTEAROA!

God of nations at thy feet
in the bonds of love we meet.
Hear our voices, we entreat,
God defend our free land.
Guard Pacific's triple star
From the shafts of strife and war,
Make her praises heard afar,
God defend NEW ZEALAND!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

We played abyzmally, yet somehow won fairly comprohensively. This team has a real chance of becoming one of the great teams of all time.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:57 AM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

In some ways, I was hoping that the Aussies would win (for obvious reasons. ) But when you're as shit as the Australian Wallabies, there really is no hope.

Yes, South Africa didn't win the Tri Nations and I'm disappointed as hell. But Australia lost five times in a row, and that's almost just as good. Congratulations to New Zealand!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #149
War Child

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Don't sing too much Axver, the 2007 World Cup final will be France-South Africa. New Zealand will be defeated in semi-final, as usual.....
Old 09-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #150
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:32 AM
Congratulations to NZ for a great win and for winning the overall comp.

Hopefully the Australian's will pick themselves up, dust off and come up with a winning combination that sees them back on top.