Tree question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabird

War Child
with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she
What causes a pear tree to have small pears that won't grow? Any ideas? This is the first year it's happened. It usually grows tons of big ones or just a few big ones, but they are never small time of year. It's also lost most of its leaves on the lower branches and the ones that are coming in are weird and don't look like the rest of the tree. I don't think it's dead because when you break a branch it's still green inside. have 3 theories:

1- too much rain. My yard has been a virtual swamp that will not dry out.

2- the soil has run out of nutrients needed to grow the pears

3- my neighbor has poisoned my tree somehow. This is not crazy, but she is. She has a history of messing with my plants on purpose.

Which one is most likely? I hate to go with #3. Somebody please tell me 1 or 2 might be it, or give me a new one. I love this tree and have raised it from a seedling.

Last edited:
you might want to call a nursery and ask them, they should be able to help you. they can probably even suggest things you can try to promote the health of the tree.

i'm not an expert when it comes to trees or plants, but i'd most likely say something to do with the nutrients in the soil or the amount of water it's gotten...i probably would have said lack of water, but i guess too much water can have adverse affects on plants that aren't used to that much water too.

Back
Top Bottom