Travis vs. Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

If she really IS angry about that, that REALLY lowers my opinion of her. :tsk:

why? have you met her and asked her what her opinion is?

regardless of whether you agree with Chris or not, it wasn't the most eloquent thing he's ever said; I think she was more embarrassed for him because when you make a spectacle of yourself, it tends to follow you around in a negative way, he could have found a more intelligent way to speak his mind, he's certainly capable...

contrast that with Nobel Peace Prize nominee Bono and his statement:

"We do not need to make a martyr out of Saddam Hussein. It is not as simple as war or no war. These are complex problems, and we need complex solutions.

The war against terrorism is bound up in the war on poverty."

well anyhow, at last check, Gwyneth was more than happy to kiss and make up :sexywink:

Last edited:
meegannie said:
I :heart: Travis's cover of "Baby One More Time"
:laugh::yes::laugh:

The best part of chris's speech though, was when he imitated justin timberlake and was like *in a very high voice* 'i just wanna love ya baby'...:laugh:

jkayet said:
:laugh::yes::laugh:

The best part of chris's speech though, was when he imitated justin timberlake and was like *in a very high voice* 'i just wanna love ya baby'...:laugh:

:laugh: He sang that at the end of "In My Place" here in OKC. The crowd went wild!

I guess I shouldn't check this stuff at work. I was LOL at VelvetDress' "Go F*&K yourself paltrow!" :lmao:

HeartlandGirl said:

:laugh: He sang that at the end of "In My Place" here in OKC. The crowd went wild!

I guess I shouldn't check this stuff at work. I was LOL at VelvetDress' "Go F*&K yourself paltrow!" :lmao:

yes chris sang that for us in charlotte and did a little break dancing on stage! :love: haha!

and sorry for making you laugh out loud at work. ;)

I love both bands!!! Ive seen travis live and would love to see coldplay live!!!

I dont think I can choose a favourite!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
TRAVIS FANS - If I was, to say, BUY one of their CDs, which would you suggest?

Tough question.

The Man Who was much more critically acclaimed, but I know that The Invisible Band is really a favorite among a lot of the fans.

My favorite is Invisible Band, but it's really a toss up. If you're going to get anything buy them, you really should get both.

Hi.

Just to say that I was never really that keen on Travis, even back in the good old Glastonbury days.........Im not particularly keen on the new stuff too, but that being said, both groups are very different. I think Travis sounds 'softer' than Coldplay, whereas Coldplay touch your insides like an electric shock.

Well, they do with me!

I think they are indeed an amazing group who have risen to the top very quickly, and every song I have heard from them so far, I have completely fallen into. They play powerful, emotional music that creates a euphoria. You only have to hear their new single 'Clocks' to know that too!

So :up: :up: :up: to Coldplay!

:)

I really really really like them both, really about the same actually! :D I think they are both excellent bands, great music, and i wish i could see either or both live sometime!

'Sing' is just such a great song, it always makes my day a little bit better. And Flowers is just :love:. And Side is just super for singing at the top of your lungs, of course.....

but...on the other hand, you've got the beautiful GPASUMF (any alias fans here? you'll catch my drift ;) ) and Politik at the grammys just blew me away, and i love Chris Martins little piano spasms to death, its so cool that he gets into the music so much! And even going back to 'Trouble'...its so beautiful and haunting..

Hmm. Still very undecided. I love them both the same. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom